Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lanyards?

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Lanyards?

So, I was wondering what the deal with lanyards is.... I've seen some pretty cute ones :0) What is the little clip ting on it for? To unhook the fastpass holder? Where do you get the little plastic things... most of the lanyards I've seen don't come with them.

Thanks guys!

• Namaste and Good Luck

Re: Lanyards?

The lanyards that come with the plastic pouch are given to guests who have a voucher from their travel company (AAA or Walt Disney Travel Co) there is also a Costo gold lanyard...but im not sure how to obtain that voucher. These can't be bought any other way. There are plain/empty lanyards with nothing on the bottom. You can buy a medallion or a similar plastic pouch (if they're in stock). There are Starter Sets that come with pins on them, but they do cost more and do not come with a medallion or plastic pouch.
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I'm not a "pinhead", but I am pretty sure that you can get a lanyard with a pouch in one of the pin shops in DL. I know that they do have some lanyards with cute (and cool) little enameled things that have a nice clip that you can buy seperately. The cool thing about those is that you can clip them on your keychain, backpack, purse or belly-button when your done visiting the Park.

I just threw in that belly button thing since I know you're from the Bay Area, and EVERYBODY knows what kind of shenanigans happen in the Bay Area, heh-heh.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• The pride is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I'm not a "pinhead", but I am pretty sure that you can get a lanyard with a pouch in one of the pin shops in DL. I know that they do have some lanyards with cute (and cool) little enameled things that have a nice clip that you can buy seperately. The cool thing about those is that you can clip them on your keychain, backpack, purse or belly-button when your done visiting the Park.

I just threw in that belly button thing since I know you're from the Bay Area, and EVERYBODY knows what kind of shenanigans happen in the Bay Area, heh-heh.
    I'm just getting this image of my big honkin' POTC lanyard medallion in somebody's belly button getting tangled with one of equal size and complexity of someone else's.

Incidentally, you can get the pouches separately at the parks. They're $4.95 and have the Pin Trading logo on them, if you swing that way.

• For You!

I've also been told that Disney gets the pouches from Office Depot (or OfficeMax - one of the office stores) and that you can get them there - without the logo of course. I'm going to go check tomorrow - I'll let you know!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

The pin store in Frontierland has a nice selection of lanyards. I bought a pink one with a crown design on it to wear to work to hang my whistle on. It is one of the child sized ones--the adult ones seem way too long to me.

• Neep meep beep

...I just threw in that belly button thing since I know you're from the Bay Area, and EVERYBODY knows what kind of shenanigans happen in the Bay Area, heh-heh.

!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha! Whenever I fly through Oakland or SFO, I always wonder how people get through the metal detectors with so many piercings...

Smile Re: Lanyards?

Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh.... Bad to the Bay Area... duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh . :0) Yeah that belly jewlery is odd to me... first off I'm not one to show my belly and secondly it looks too adult movies star cliche to me.

I'm thinking about getting one fore my dad, mom sister and me for our trip... I hate digging through my bag to find my ticket... And no, I won't be wearing a fanny pack.

As a refernce, about how much do they go for in the park? I wanna price check eBay (evil, I know) and see if I can get a deal! Also, pins are tradable with cast memebrs? Is it only for kids or can "big" kids ask too? DO they have to give it to you? Or can they choose whom they want to trade with? And if I can, would it be wise to buy some random ones on ebay for cheap so that I can trade up with the CMs?

Thank you!!

-Violet

Does anyone have any tips for lanyaard buying? Is it better to buy them at the park or ahead of time?

Thanks!

I found some AWESOME info:

Disney's Guidelines for Trading
    Mickey’s Cast Member Guidelines for Pin Trading
    Guidelines when interacting with guests while wearing the Pin Trading Lanyard:

12 Disney pins should be maintained on the lanyard.

Under no exceptions should the following pins be displayed on the lanyard or traded: Disney Service pins, Disney Trainer pins, Disney Partners in Excellence Award pins, Cast Member Disney name tags, Disney language pins, Disney Cast Member commemorative Millennium pins, or non-Disney pins.

The Cast Member will trade a pin from their lanyard for another different Disney pin from the Guest (one for one trade).

Trades will be conducted "hand by hand." Cast Members may not remove a pin from a Guest’s person or property, nor may a Guest remove a pin from the Cast Member’s lanyard.

Trade one Disney pin at a time.

Cast Members trading Disney pins with a Guest should follow established Disney Guidelines for Guest Service.

A Cast Member may not refuse to trade a Disney pin with a Guest for another Disney pin.

To enhance the Guest experience during a trade, the Cast Member should share any "stories" about pins they have traded with the Guest.

Always hand the guest your pin with the back attached.

The Cast Member should be knowledgeable about pin trading and the retail Pin locations across property, and share this with the Guests.

No monies or gifts will be exchanged for a Disney pin being traded.

If a Guest chooses to trade a pin with the Cast Member during a sales transaction, first complete the sales transaction, close the cash register drawer and then proceed with the trade.

Pins on the lanyard should not be used for Guest recovery.

Every Cast Member is responsible for having 12 Disney pins on their lanyard when it is turned in at the end of their shift.

The Cast Members should wear the lanyard on the costume at all times with exception of a safety concern.

Trading opportunities with the Guest begin the moment the Cast Member steps on stage.

Trading back stage is unacceptable.

During their shift, Cast Members are not allowed to trade with Cast Members wearing the pin trading lanyard.

Contact a manager if there are any unusual concerns with your lanyard (broken pin, loss of back, etc.)

Loss of any of the 12 Disney pins and/or the lanyard or violation of these guidelines could be considered poor judgment or poor job performance and could result in disciplinary action not excluding termination.

Who would have known?!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Those are very good guidelines. My 13 year old grandson just loves to look for cast members to trade with.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

I have a question? Are WE only allowed to have 12 pins on at a time?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Those guidelines are for the cast members. Guests can wear/and, or carry as many pins as they choose to. You can only trade one for one, with those cast members.

They also set up trading boards, and then that is trading 2 pins for 2 pins and there ar many more pins displayed than 12.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

I bought my lanyard at Disneyland. It's a dark blue one with the Disneyland logo on it and "the happiest place on earth" in the old school marquee font. I have a few older attraction pins on it that I got back in the 90's. Since we have to wear a lanyard at my work to hold our Id badges and security cards I wear mine to work and it's always a conversation starter, expecially now that I am wearing my extinct tomorrowland attractions pins. They see a pin and would comment "The flying saucers? I remember those when I was a kid!"

I don't trade my pins for some reason. I guess I am more of a collector rather than a trader.

Thanks guys!!
    I have another question... how much to lanyards cost INSIDE Disneyland?

Is this a good deal? http://cgi.ebay.com/RED-MICKEY-MOUSE...QQcmdZViewItem

Thank ya, thank ya very much!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast