Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Tinkerbelle getting into that darned rock!

So a thought just occured to me, so I thought I would ask.

Where does tink enter the Matterhorn from, Where is the entrance? has anyone seen the new tink on the ground going to the Matterhorn? Any pictures of where she enters from?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Disneyland Freak

Re: Tinkerbelle getting into that darned rock!

She flies to the top.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Freshman Member

She probably gets to the top just like the old Tinkerbell...an elevator and stairs to the top of the Matterhorn.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...29/1007/LIVING

I have been in line for Matterhorn and have seen someone with a costume bag with a bit of green coming out. They headed for the archway near where you load the Tomorrowland side. hmmmm.... maybe...

• Neep meep beep

I heard she enters an underground tunnel near Fantasyland, and then takes stairs to the top...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I heard they load her from the castle and FLING her REALLY HARD back towards the Matterhorn when no one is looking.

Sometimes it takes two or three tries.

• Waiting for the stork

Well just like everyone else, I agree to do to many things, then I'm stuck between a rock and a hardplace in life.............

Oh, You meant the little green fairy Tinkerbell....not me Tinkerbelle.....oh I get it,

sorry....

let me just find my pixie dust and I'll fly out of this thread........

ahh there it is, a little bit of Faith, Trust, and pixie dust and I'm out of here. bye
    procrastibating

• Do you think I'm... odd?

There's an underground tunnel and elevator and stairs to get to the top. And while she's waiting to fly, she can play basketball on the 16th floor! ^_^ Ever wonder what the Matterhorn Mountaineers do while waiting to climb? There's a half court inside the mountain!
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikoyle
    She probably gets to the top just like the old Tinkerbell...an elevator and stairs to the top of the Matterhorn.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...29/1007/LIVING
    good Articla She bow out to do the new tinkerbell wire act.
    That answer some my quistion.

tomorrow land side there is a gate and path to the in side the matterhorn.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

She usually wears a light blue trench coat. She is actaully very hard to spot. She enters the mountain where the bobsleds go up the lift. On the Tomorrowland track side there is an entry way into the mountain just to the left of the track. This is also the way to get to the breakroom. From there she takes the elevator and stairs to the top.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

^ (Don't believe it! Doesn't know what they're talking about!)

Easy. My sister's cousin's mother's nephew told me that there is a high-speed underground shuttle (with a LIM launch and a loop... as if) that travels underground from near the CM entrance and the old administration building near Harbor Point that circles to all the backstage areas of each land. Tinkerbell exits the underground shuttle behind ROA because that's where her special night costume is kept and maintained each day. After she gets ready to fly she gets on another undergound system. This one isn't as high-tech as the main park CM shuttle; this one actually uses the main street horses to pull smaller passenger carts (its how the horses are kept in shape when you don't see them on main street; they rotate different teams between main street and CM duties. Pretty clever, huh?). Anyway, this system travels along underground streets to a traffic circle directly under the hub where there is a circular moving sidewalk (same principle as COP building in Tomorrowland; this gives the horses a rest while they rotate around to their next route, but they didn't have this part of the system in until Disney was sued by PETA around 1993). From here Tink goes up a speedramp (the one that was removed from the front of Space Mountain some years ago) where she ends up inside the Castle (where the Sleeping Beauty walk-through used to be). She comes out from a secret doorway behind the waterfall at Snow White's wishing well (if you look at the right time you can see her exit from the back right before the fireworks start. its true). Then she walks around to the Matterhorn Chalet and enters the mountain through that arched doorway that you've probably seen just left-of-center facing the Matterhorn from the chalet. Once inside you'd think she'd just take an elevator or stairs, but no. The tracks and tunnels fill up so much of the mountain below the bowling alley (used to be the basketball half-court, but was changed out after the last union contract vote), that there is actually a system of motorized pulleys that hoist her up to the top between openings in the track system. There is a total of 5 pulleys that she has to use. I know this sounds crazy, but when you stop and think about how much track is in there for the two seperate ride systems you can imagine how little space is left for something like stairs. It also sounds like it would be scary for her to get to the top of the mountain like this, but hey, she flies over the park with fireworks aimed at her each night, so getting to the top of the mountain is nothing!

Edited for accuracy.
    Last edited by speederscout; 06-17-2006 at 01:49 PM.

actually I used to be a castmember and worked on the Matterhorn, so Im pretty sure I know what Im talking about. Maybe I didnt explain myself, this is how they used to do it. Im not sure where she comes out for the new show.

• Again! Again! Again!

Catapault!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Quote Originally Posted by bmac4212
    actually I used to be a castmember and worked on the Matterhorn, so Im pretty sure I know what Im talking about. Maybe I didnt explain myself, this is how they used to do it. Im not sure where she comes out for the new show.
    Um... I got a bridge for sale, if you're interested.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    Catapault!
    Really? I heard they used a used cannon from POTC.
    Well I have learned something today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast