Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Question Disneyland line misters

Why doesn't DLR have misters to keep you cool while standing in line? it seems they would to prevent people from getting hot and leaving the attraction, are there any plans for these any time soon?

• Minion

Re: Disneyland line misters

Did I miss something here? Did Disneyland get relocated to Palm Springs recently? I know it gets a little warm in OC but misters? I think the hottest it ever gets out here is 95. Misters are not necessary. The park has been doing very well without them for 51 years. Plus, they wouldn't sell as much water/soda if people were not hot and thirsty.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

for some reason Soarin has misters , even though most of the Que is inside , and the part that is outside is shaded , wacky

My Maleficent tattoo

• Banned User

I think the imaginers had so many plans.. but then they budget was cut in the wrong places... hence Soarin’ having misters when not needed.. and other attractions not having shade and no misters... Really.. it's not that needed in Disneyland.. because the park is shadded and usually cool... but DCA could use them in some areas of the queues...

• Fight On for ol' SC!

I was in Toontown the other day and they have misters where the old Jolly Trolly line used to be, right across from Roger Rabbit. It was really hot and they were nice. The majority of lines do not need them although they would be nice in some areas of the park. Maybe put a set of them in each land in a low traffic area.

• Neep meep beep

There's an area with misters in Tomorrowland also. And course, there's "mister" toad...

• Shubisha

Disneyland will compromise. they'll install misters over the lines, but they'll use excess water from it's a small world and jungle cruise. Deal?

I wouldn't really want to stand and line and have to get wet. You can always get a personal mister if you really need it.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Misters are gross! Last time I was in Toontown & went over by the misters, I was unpleasantly surprised when I looked up and saw all of the mildew on them. I'd rather "glisten" than get sprayed by mildew water!

Honestly, a few here and there would be nice if they were guaranteed to be cleaned & taken care of properly.
    <o>

• Disneyland Addict

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    Last time I was in Toontown & went over by the misters, I was unpleasantly surprised when I looked up and saw all of the mildew on them.
    EEEEEEEK!!!!! And that's coming from a Microbiologist!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

no, Disney uses them from a fresh water line, I have seen the ones in toon town, there just corroded from being there so long. I also found another thing with the misters and that is that the lines would get too slippery and cause people to slip and Disney doesn't want that, maybe some fans in the line...

Living in Southern California, it gets warm for about a few weeks in July, the rest is mild, so to me there is no need. Misters don't really help to me unless you are in Phoenix or something. They make it worse sometimes, because the mist sticks to your skin and if you're already sweating you never dry and it is annoying. I'd rather have an umbrella or a cool and AC'd indoor queue. I mean apart from a few queues, most are indoors are covered, so why change it now.

• Defying gravity

Have you guys been to Orlando (or should I say Lake Buena Vista)? It's hot and humid there. Not the case in DL. Everyday, even in summertime, I bring a jacket with me and wear it at nighttime in DL. IMHO, weather in SoCal is PERFECT.

I live in the desert in West Texas. It was about 105 today. And I've driven through Blythe, Palm Springs, Phoenix, where it's like 120!!!! Don't complain about SoCal weather - DL doens't need misters.

• Banned User

Are you kidding? Misters would cost the DLR 25 cents per hour to run THAT IS INSANE!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    Misters are gross! Last time I was in Toontown & went over by the misters, I was unpleasantly surprised when I looked up and saw all of the mildew on them. I'd rather "glisten" than get sprayed by mildew water!

Honestly, a few here and there would be nice if they were guaranteed to be cleaned & taken care of properly.
    Just don't inhale the mist....Legionella isn't just a scary story.

http://www.contractormag.com/article...fm?columnid=98

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast