Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Explain To Me...Why Doesn't EVERYONE USE FP ALL THE TIME???

some rides aren't worth the fastpass. TOT and INDY for example. Most of the wait is after they let fast pass people in anyway. I don't mind waiting the 10 to 15 minutes in the regular when i know the bulk of the wat is after the fastpass let in area. We usally ride spalsh first...there's no wait....BTMR never has a long lnine anymore, so thats a waste of a fastpass. If I use them it's usually for space, splash (if we want to go on later in the day) and soarin over ca.

I also go so often that I don't ride alot of things anymore. I don't find the need to run from ride to ride. The last time we went we went on about 5 rides in the two days we were there. I can't just go to the park once a month and ride/see the same shoes and attractions over and over again. They don't change....so wht don't I use fastpass...I do when it's convineant for me to do so. (One other thing I don't like about fastpass is the double tracking throughout the park. Sometimes I don't want to go down to splash to get the fastpast just to fight the crowds again to go down to that bottleneck area again to use it.)

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    If EVERYONE used fastpass, then the fastpass line would be 70 minutes... No matter what you have to wait. It's a choice between standing and waiting, or getting a ticket that holds your place in line while you wait somewhere else in the park. If everyone used fast passes and no one used the stand-by, the fast pass line would grow just as long as the stand by line. But thankfully that's impossibe because a limited amount of fast passes are given out for the attractions.
    Anyways.....This is what I think about it.... It's all a scam to get people out of line and into the shops .
    If EVERYONE got a fastpass for a ride, the fastpasses would run out because there are a limited number of fastpasses per day based on the capacity of the attraction. Space Mountain fastpasses are the most popular. They run out at a certain point in the afternoon (around 2-3ish) on busy days, therefore, everyone that can possibly get a fastpass that day HAS A FASTPASS. And lo and behold, the fastpass line is just as long as it is on days where it runs out later in the evening. Which is to say, little or no wait to the point where you turn in your fastpass ticket.

CMs do check the date and the time. As long as you are coming back past the time it has matured on that date, you can ride the ride.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict

If you don't attempt to educate yourself, if you don't ask questions, if you just believe the first thing you hear-that's ignorance.

I'm not saying that people standing in line are automatically ignorant. I'm saying, if clearly there are fastpass signs and machines, CMs and other guests around that you can talk to about what the program is, or have information on it in your map (which comes in all languages), and you STILL don't make any attempts to educate yourself, then you're not doing yourself any favors. Not researching to have any backup to anything you do or say is being lazy.
    ....and people say returning to A-E tickets would be too hard

Yes; in those narrow circumstances you would have an ignorant person I suppose. I was really only partially responding to your post...mostly I just don't understand why people feel that not only do they have to always be riding an attraction and never waiting for one but that they are incredulous at anyone who doesn't have this same.....um,...attitude????
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    ....and people say returning to A-E tickets would be too hard

Yes; in those narrow circumstances you would have an ignorant person I suppose. I was really only partially responding to your post...mostly I just don't understand why people feel that not only do they have to always be riding an attraction and never waiting for one but that they are incredulous at anyone who doesn't have this same.....um,...attitude????
    Oh no, I believe that we all have different ideas about how to spend our days at the Happiest Place on Earth. Some people would rather go on Space Mountain 5 times in a row than watch a parade in the afternoon, and we all have a right to our own wishes

I just don't understand it when people complain about lines or how much time they have to ride certain things when they've got fastpass advertising everywhere. I mean, if you want to use it, it's easily available. Plenty of people would use it...they just don't feel like spending a few precious moments of their time finding out what fastpass does. That's what irritates me. There's just no attempt, even though the drive is there to reach a goal.

I'm not saying that everyone that doesn't use fastpass is lazy, they might be utilizing their time the way they like without it. But if you're complaining when the resolution is simple...yeah.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    . Plenty of people would use it...they just don't feel like spending a few precious moments of their time finding out what fastpass does. That's what irritates me.
    ..but if they don't know what fastpass does how would they know it was worth their while to find out what fastpass does?

..ok, that even hurt my head..sorry
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Vehicle rotating backward

Because if everyone understood the FastPass system, everyone WOULD hit it up and being that there wouldn't be enough tickets for everyone, the whole system would collapse.

I've found that FP doesn't do very much at DL as it is. I still had to wait almost 30 minutes for Soarin', the FP line for Indy only started after the two lines joined together, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I also go so often that I don't ride alot of things anymore. (...) I can't just go to the park once a month and ride/see the same shoes and attractions over and over again. They don't change.
    *sigh* I'd start a reply on this but I don't want to divert this in another controversial issue entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen
    sometimes they can be a pain the the a$$ , id rather not go to big thunder , get a fast pass , go over to say the matterhorn , wait in line , then go back over to big thunder and wait in a slightly shorter line to ride it
    This comment illustrates some of the flaws in the way FastPass currently works.

The wait time for FastPass should be exactly the same as the wait time for the stand-by queue so that guests are able to stay in the area and not stray too far and, thereby, clog the walkways. There also need to be good alternative activities available in each area for people to occupy their time.

If this situation were the case, FastPass tickets would also not "sell-out" as fast as they do sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    some rides aren't worth the fastpass. TOT and INDY for example. Most of the wait is after they let fast pass people in anyway. I don't mind waiting the 10 to 15 minutes in the regular when i know the bulk of the wat is after the fastpass let in area. We usally ride spalsh first...there's no wait....BTMR never has a long lnine anymore, so thats a waste of a fastpass. If I use them it's usually for space, splash (if we want to go on later in the day) and soarin over ca.

This is another flaw in the way FastPass works at some attractions.

In order to funnel a steady stream of people to boarding areas, Disney needs to maintain queues of only a few minutes each. FastPass users should not be forced to wait very long once they enter each attraction.

• Minion

Most do get them but do not know they dont have to come back at the time it is stated. If the FP reads return at 1000-1020, most guests feel if they have blown that time they just toss the FP.
    Jason

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    I usually visit WDW and DL during the most crowded parts of the year (summer and before Christmas).
    I usually go at the least busiest times of the year, so I can experience an attraction without too long of a wait. And I don't have to walk around twice for each ride.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• insufferable know-it-all

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Sorry, I meant that you can use FPs years after you have first acquired them. Because CMs always let you use FPs AFTER the date/time printed on them, but not before.
    Wrong. When I was taking fastpasses, I checked the date.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Senior Minion

Some people say that they wait in line because it's part of the experience that is Disneyland.
    I think it also depends on how long you are at the park for, what you have planned to do/see and when, if you have to meet a person at a certain time, etc.
    At least that's been my experience.
    I tend to get a fastpass when I can. When I was there in December, we only had 3 days and we wanted to be able to see and do everything at both parks, so we had to budget out time and plan it out. I don't mind going from one part of the park to the other, it's a nice walk, unless you are cutting it very close and have to run, only to find out that the ride had closed for a bit.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Minion

The answer is VERY simple... the majority of people in the world are incapable of reading and comprehending basic information.

Fastpass is so insanely simple and easy to understand. It's amazing that people still don't "get it". What is there to get? Everything is explained on the tickets themselves!

Do people want to spend more time with their families? Do they want to take Disneyland at a slower pace to enjoy the park as Walt intended it? I highly doubt it. Let's face it folks, people don't read. That's why you always see people repeatedly putting their tickets in the slot and recieving invalid FP. The intelligent thing to tdo would be to read the piece, but amazingly they try 2,3, or even 4 more times! Then after all that, they leave those invalid FP on top of the machine rather than putting them in the trash can located less than 5 steps away... even though the trashcan is strategically located by the exit which you have to pass by anyway.

Personally, I'm glad people don't use FP. It reminds me how much smarter I am than the average person...

• With my wife....

I didn't believe the "Fast Pass will be phased out by the end of the decade" rumor when I first heard it, but I'm starting to think it's a possibility. While at the park yesterday, we noticed that the Indy Fast Pass machines were turned off for the day. In the schedule, it said that Fast Passes for Indy were only available on Fridays. When did this start?!

Couple that with the removal of the superfluous FP machines outside of Star Tours (finally!), and the decision to not use FP for the new Nemo Subs, and it sounds like the rumor might be true. I wonder which is next to go: BTMRR or BLAB?
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I don't use the fastpass system very often. The times I am at WDW, it is usually down time, so I don't see the need. I am not there to hit evey ride in 2 hours. Waiting in line for 20 minutes just doesn't seem to me to warrant getting a fastpass. I get to walk through the queues which I enjoy. I get to spend time talking with whomever I am vacationing with, which I enjoy. To me, they are part of the experience. Maybe if I was at a busy time I would (1 1/2 hour wait time), but I try to book my vacations when it is not packed. I understand the fast pass system, I just choose not to utilize it. Doesn't make me stupid, lazy, or uneducated.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast