Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Earth Intruder

Re: Explain To Me...Why Doesn't EVERYONE USE FP ALL THE TIME???

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess
    I don't use the fastpass system very often. The times I am at WDW, it is usually down time, so I don't see the need. I am not there to hit evey ride in 2 hours. Waiting in line for 20 minutes just doesn't seem to me to warrant getting a fastpass. I get to walk through the queues which I enjoy. I get to spend time talking with whomever I am vacationing with, which I enjoy. To me, they are part of the experience. Maybe if I was at a busy time I would (1 1/2 hour wait time), but I try to book my vacations when it is not packed. I understand the fast pass system, I just choose not to utilize it. Doesn't make me stupid, lazy, or uneducated.
    Exactly... for those that enjoy waiting in lines there is always the standby line. (Though I still can't figure out why one would enjoy that... to each his/her own). For rides like Indy, there usually isn't a line beyond 20-30 minutes, so there isn't really much of a "time savings" with the pass. It makes sense to get rid of the Indy fastpass except on crowded days.

I'm getting annoyed with the argument "if everyone had/used a fastpass, the system would collapse!". First, the machines give a limited amount of fastpasses based on ride capacity. Second, why would Disney implement a system that, if used correctly by all guests, would inherently collapse?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Exactly... for those that enjoy waiting in lines there is always the standby line. (Though I still can't figure out why one would enjoy that... to each his/her own). For rides like Indy, there usually isn't a line beyond 20-30 minutes, so there isn't really much of a "time savings" with the pass. It makes sense to get rid of the Indy fastpass except on crowded days.
    I definitely agree with you here. I only get FP for Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. I never really go on crowded days, so FP isn't really needed for most other attractions...

However, I think it's very safe to assume that the majority of people waiting in that crazy long line in the sun for Splash are doing so because they failed to read their map, FP ticket, or ask a question.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    ...While at the park yesterday, we noticed that the Indy Fast Pass machines were turned off for the day. In the schedule, it said that Fast Passes for Indy were only available on Fridays. When did this start?!...
    I think Dark Beer posted more information on this board in another thread, but the Indiana Jones Fastpass is turned off only until June 28th, to discourage people from waiting for the fastpass time, and to alleviate Adventureland crowding until the Pirates Premiere and related scaffolding are down, leaving the passageways open again for foot traffic.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I think Dark Beer posted more information on this board in another thread, but the Indiana Jones Fastpass is turned off only until June 28th, to discourage people from waiting for the fastpass time, and to alleviate Adventureland crowding until the Pirates Premiere and related scaffolding are down, leaving the passageways open again for foot traffic.
    I thought the reason was something like that, but it's actually much more straightforward: they need the boathouse for storage. The other things are just pleasant side effects.

I've seen people try to present the tickets that say in big letters "NOT A VALID FASTPASS TICKET" at the front of Indy, and proceed to stare blankly at the CM who tries to explain that it's, um, not a valid Fastpass. I've regularly seen people try to get past circular flow, whether the park-wide one we do during fireworks or the smaller one we do on the west side on busy days, by claiming that they have a Fastpass, and they don't always believe us when we assure them that the pass will still be valid. I've seen people spending ten minutes sticking their ticket into the machine the wrong way, when there's a picture right above the slot, showing how it's supposed to go. Soulquarian is absolutely right: the average guest has a lower IQ than a parade float.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    ...Soulquarian is absolutely right: the average guest has a lower IQ than a parade float.
    Ha ha! No matter what you think of me, Aerinpegadrak, I consistently find you funny. Which float?

I enjoy being able to grab a fastpass and then sit down to a leisurely lunch or dinner knowing that I have a spot in line when I'm finished. I have always hated waiting in line for rides, especially back when the queues weren't themed like so many are today. I use fastpass a lot and as a result, I guess I do spend more for meals and "stuff". I for one would be very unhappy if they did away with fastpass.

I know a lot of people don't like fastpass because it makes the stand-by line too long, but I remember always having to wait in long lines at Disneyland long before fastpass--maybe because we always went during the summer and never during the off-season. But, I'll always use it as long as they offer it.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    I didn't believe the "Fast Pass will be phased out by the end of the decade" rumor when I first heard it, but I'm starting to think it's a possibility. While at the park yesterday, we noticed that the Indy Fast Pass machines were turned off for the day. In the schedule, it said that Fast Passes for Indy were only available on Fridays. When did this start?!
    I think it has something to do w/ Pirates premiere. Closing FP temporarily will help to decrease a little traffic in Adventureland. It makes traffic that goes from Adventureland to NoS a little less crowded.

Don't worry. I'm sure FP will be back for Indy. IT MUST COME BACK FOR ME - I am the FP Queen......!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Ha ha! No matter what you think of me, Aerinpegadrak, I consistently find you funny. Which float?
    One from BPB, I'll wager...
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    ....and people say returning to A-E tickets would be too hard

Yes; in those narrow circumstances you would have an ignorant person I suppose. I was really only partially responding to your post...mostly I just don't understand why people feel that not only do they have to always be riding an attraction and never waiting for one but that they are incredulous at anyone who doesn't have this same.....um,...attitude????
    I think paying per ticket and fastpass are like comparing apples to oranges.
    One is free, the other is not. Paying for a "price per ride" also doesn't guarantee quicker service.
    Example:
    Costco sells a membership (gate admission). Inside they have free samples (just like the rides are free). Not everyone eats the samples. Is it not a good product (ride), no, some people don't have the same preferences as everyone. So what's good for one person, it's always good for the other. Yes, the majority does eat the free samples, but a select few don't. Like this price per pay...for most of us it's not good, but those of you who insist on having it, go for it. You pay more for what you want and the rest of the population will spend the money wisely and ride the rides free.
    Fast Pass just isn't for everyone (thank goodness..then we'd run out)
    Some don't know, but some just prefer staning in the Q line and enjoy the scenery.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    Example:
    Costco sells a membership (gate admission). Inside they have free samples (just like the rides are free). Not everyone eats the samples. Is it not a good product (ride), no, some people don't have the same preferences as everyone. So what's good for one person, it's always good for the other. Yes, the majority does eat the free samples, but a select few don't. Like this price per pay...for most of us it's not good, but those of you who insist on having it, go for it. You pay more for what you want and the rest of the population will spend the money wisely and ride the rides free.
    Fast Pass just isn't for everyone (thank goodness..then we'd run out)
    Some don't know, but some just prefer staning in the Q line and enjoy the scenery.
    ...but you have to PAY for almost every product(attraction) at a Costco....Disneyland did have some Free attractions(samples) when they had the A - E tickets....your analogy actually helps my cause when looked at that way
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123