Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Exclamation Explain To Me...Why Doesn't EVERYONE USE FP ALL THE TIME???

I've never been able to figure this one out. Why doesn't everyone use FP all the time? I usually visit WDW and DL during the most crowded parts of the year (summer and before Christmas). I never wait in lines more than 15 min. - EVER!!! I always use FP. Why do people get in line for Splash Mt. when they know it's a 70 min. wait. On Indy, Space and Splash Mt. particularly, I constantly pass 100s of people waiting in line. Don't they see how much time FP saves. And you can use FPs years after. They never expire.

If any Mice Chatters are standbyers, please explain to me why.

Re: Explain To Me...Why Doesn't EVERYONE USE FP ALL THE TIME???

sometimes you have to wait in line...example last summer it was about 5 o clock in the afternnoon..we went over to splashmountain to get a pass...the fast pass were already closed...we really wanted to ride it so we waited...and it was worth it...!

• The pride is back.

Some people don't "get" FastPass.

Some people have already got a FastPass for something else and are waiting out the 1-hour time until their ride in line for something else.

As previously stated, sometimes FastPass isn't available.

Sometimes people want a break from rushing all over the place gathering FastPasses.

Some people like to wait in the occasional line to spend some down time with the people they came with.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I noticed this as well in my most recent trip to WDW. I believe people just don't know any better. They don't invest the time to really utilize the park's features such as FASTPASS. I love telling people about it and no one really knows what I'm talking about, they're shocked and amazed at the same time! I always get "Well I'm going to start doing that from now on".

I'd rather only more educated guests know the real use of FASTPASS because if everyone was doing it, we'd have 2 long lines.

Of course on a busy day, last new year's eve at WDW, everyone was using FASTPASS' and Splash Mountain and Space Mountain were out of FASTPASS' for the day at about halfway through the day.

I sure hope Disneyland isn't bad on a late July weekend when I go.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    And you can use FPs years after. They never expire.
    What do you mean? We don't get to keep them, the CMs take them away.

To answer your question, it's a lack of intelligence and knowledge to question things in the general population. Or they're just too darn lazy. Most people don't "feel" like asking about something. They'd rather go about their day like sheep.

• Official Mice Chat person

If EVERYONE used fastpass, then the fastpass line would be 70 minutes... No matter what you have to wait. It's a choice between standing and waiting, or getting a ticket that holds your place in line while you wait somewhere else in the park. If everyone used fast passes and no one used the stand-by, the fast pass line would grow just as long as the stand by line. But thankfully that's impossibe because a limited amount of fast passes are given out for the attractions.
    Anyways.....This is what I think about it.... It's all a scam to get people out of line and into the shops .

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

sometimes they can be a pain the the a$$ , id rather not go to big thunder , get a fast pass , go over to say the matterhorn , wait in line , then go back over to big thunder and wait in a slightly shorter line to ride it ,

i would much rather get in line for a ride , wait , ride it , get off , and move on to the next ride , much more relaxing , much more like the way it use to be , before people were running all over including back and forth to DCA to get fastpasses , and honestly , most of the fast passes dont save you that much time , Splash Mountain being the only real exception

My Maleficent tattoo

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Disneyland is not a contest....believe it or not there are some people who don't feel the need to attack the Magical little Kingdom Walt built like it is some sort of military objective. These people are not lazy, stupid, or sheep. I suspect those who use such adjectives towards people who are simply waiting in a line are really the ones who need help!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    What do you mean? We don't get to keep them, the CMs take them away.

To answer your question, it's a lack of intelligence and knowledge to question things in the general population. Or they're just too darn lazy. Most people don't "feel" like asking about something. They'd rather go about their day like sheep.

Sorry, I meant that you can use FPs years after you have first acquired them. Because CMs always let you use FPs AFTER the date/time printed on them, but not before.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Sorry, I meant that you can use FPs years after you have first acquired them. Because CMs always let you use FPs AFTER the date/time printed on them, but not before.
    lol, really? I didn't know you could use them on a different day. Have you tried this?

• Official Mice Chat person

I thought you could only use them that day, I think they check the dates...

Sometimes you already have a fastpass and can't get another one. Sometimes someone wants to go the ride again and you can get one but can't wait around long enough at the park for the time to come up. I had a 1 year old and my 7 wanted to ride splash. it was the last ride we went on before we left. I couldn't have stood around until 10'oclock with the baby who had had enough joy for one day. So we waited in line then went home.

jan
    Janette

• Defying gravity

Talking Re: Explain To Me...Why Doesn't EVERYONE USE FP ALL THE TIME???

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    I thought you could only use them that day, I think they check the dates...
    Well, maybe they do sometimes. From my experience, I have used old FPs (days old) many times, and never been stopped from getting on the ride. I've even met people who have used FPs that are THREE YEARS OLD. Yep...and they still get on!!!!

• Neep meep beep

...I have used old FPs (days old) many times, and never been stopped from getting on the ride. I've even met people who have used FPs that are THREE YEARS OLD. Yep...and they still get on!!!!
    Well that's clearly against the rules printed on the back of the FastPass. I hadn't heard that before, and it may just be cast members not checking dates carefully. It's well known that fastpasses are accepted after the hour they supposedly expire, but usually they are only good for one day.

If you have any Fast Passes left over, that means that you didn't "use" it that day.

So the question may be, "why aren't you using Fast Pass"?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Disneyland is not a contest....believe it or not there are some people who don't feel the need to attack the Magical little Kingdom Walt built like it is some sort of military objective. These people are not lazy, stupid, or sheep. I suspect those who use such adjectives towards people who are simply waiting in a line are really the ones who need help!
    You clearly didn't understand my message.

If you don't attempt to educate yourself, if you don't ask questions, if you just believe the first thing you hear-that's ignorance.

I'm not saying that people standing in line are automatically ignorant. I'm saying, if clearly there are fastpass signs and machines, CMs and other guests around that you can talk to about what the program is, or have information on it in your map (which comes in all languages), and you STILL don't make any attempts to educate yourself, then you're not doing yourself any favors. Not researching to have any backup to anything you do or say is being lazy.

You can also easily stand in line while having a fastpass for something else. You're still in a line when you use your fastpass, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast