Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Daily Pirates Premiere Set-up photos

I plan to offer daily photos from Saturday, June 17th thru the 28th to follow the set-up and removal of the Pirates Premiere bleachers, movie screen and releted stuff in the Rivers of America area.

On Saturday the 17th, got to the park early, as Lisa and I had a train to catch at 10 AM to take us to the Hollywood Entertainment Museum and the new Fast and Furious attraction at USH.

Also decided to add a few photos of the construction work at the Anaheim Convention Center, after yesterday's update on the start of work on the Anaheim GardenWalk.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1573757

ENJOY!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Daily Pirates Premiere Set-up photos

Thanks for the updates DB, looking forward to seeing more soon. As someone who liveS a little to far away to make it to the resort reguarly, it's really nice to have somebody out there posting updates so we can actually see what's going on -

THANKS TO ALL OF THE MICECHATTERS OUT THERE WHO SHARE THEIR PHOTOS

• Neep meep beep

Thank you, DarkBeer, and I agree with Chadb14... a huge thanks to all the members of MiceChat who share photos online here! It really makes a huge difference to all of us. A picture is worth 1,000 words, as they say!

• love my friends

great photos as usual dark beer.. keep them coming

Friends for life

• For You!

Okay, I asked in another thread - who's going to create a distraction so I can snag that Johnny Depp Poster!!! It's awesome! (Okay, so I'm feeling a little evil at the moment!!)

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

There are rumors that POTC will soft open TODAY!
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    There are rumors that POTC will soft open TODAY!
    Where did you hear this? Someone in another thread misread a post on Mouseinfo that said it will soft open Sunday June 25th as Sunday today.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• pirate wench

needing to be closer to the house of mouse

thanks so much for pics as i will miss the premier by about 3 weeks
    " bring me that horizon"
    -Captain Jack Sparrow

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I plan to offer daily photos from Saturday, June 17th thru the 28th to follow the set-up and removal of the Pirates Premiere bleachers, movie screen and releted stuff in the Rivers of America area.

On Saturday the 17th, got to the park early, as Lisa and I had a train to catch at 10 AM to take us to the Hollywood Entertainment Museum and the new Fast and Furious attraction at USH.

Also decided to add a few photos of the construction work at the Anaheim Convention Center, after yesterday's update on the start of work on the Anaheim GardenWalk.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1573757

ENJOY!

They are spose to fly in the screen on Monday. It would rock if you could get photos of that. Then again I do not know what time they are doing it. I assume they will do it in the early morning hours. Since most of the building is done on the 3rd shift.
    Jason

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, the Indiana Jones FASTPASSes are not being offered until Wednesday, June 28th to help keep the main pathway clear (Using Standby only and using the entire indoor queue if needed).

Today's photos are being uploaded, right now it is Sub Lagoon photos, you will need to wait a couple of hours for the Pirates stuff. I will post the link when the album is finished....

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Thank you darkbeer i look frwd to your daily update
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

I'm not clear why Indy isn't offering fastpasses...can you please explain more? Why not until the 28th?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody
    I'm not clear why Indy isn't offering fastpasses...can you please explain more? Why not until the 28th?
    Basically it is designed to keep the main Adventureland pathway clear of potential problems. With FASTPASS, many folks show up early and then wait near the entrance for the starting time to become valid. This is one problem.

Another issue, when FP's are being used, much of the indoor queue is not used to keep the waiting time down to less than 10 minutes from the FP merge point (the entrance to the building).

By only having one line (aka Stand By) they can fill up the entire indoor queue, taking more folks off the sidewalks and the outdoor entrance area.

As for why no FP's until the 28th, Wednesday the 28th is the first day that Disney expects all the Pirates Premiere bleachers and other equipment will be totally removed from the area.

These are the same reasons why Disney decided to eliminate the FP's at Indy after the summer. When the decision was made, there were still plans to have a large amount of refurb walls next to the River Belle Terrace and the Bengal BBQ.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Here are Sunday's photos....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1576475

• WFJC Swim Team Captain

Excellent pics there Darkbeer!

If anyone is going to be visiting the park while these bleachers are up I recommend avoiding them. But if you find yourself dying to go on Haunted Mansion or on Splash Mountain then take the train to get into and out of the area or take the Adventureland Entrance. But whatever you do, don't expect to get to those rides by using the Frontierland Entrance, they are currently trying to funnel all the guests from all directions onto the bridge that goes over the Pirates Line. This has created a huge traffic jam that is creating such large delays that CMs are advised to take an alternate route through the area.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast