Advice needed for overweight guest...

Hi! I am new here and have a quick question about the rides at DL and Cal. Adventure. My trip is coming up soon and I am getting VERY nervous (first time to fly and to go to DL). If I fit fine on all of the rides at WDW, will I be okay on the rides at DL? Specifically, Maliboomer, Screamin', Matterhorn, Splash and Space Mountain (the seats look different from WDW on the last two)? At WDW, I simply have to pull out the seatbelts prior to sitting on rides like ToT, Dinosaur, Test Track and Soarin'. I can ride Everest and Rockin' RollerCoaster with no problem as well. Any advice is welcome!

Thanks!

• Food & Whine Aficianado

Re: Advice needed for overweight guest...

First off, welcome to MC! I think you'll be OK on everything you mentioned, with the possible exception of Maliboomer; it has a short belt that buckles from the seat (between your legs) to the bottom portion of the overhead restraint. But, I imagine that if you are able to fasten it, you'll be fine. I do know that Orange Stinger used to have a weight limit (don't know if it still does), but it's just a conventional swing ride, so you wouldn't be missing out on anything.
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

• insufferable know-it-all

Orange Stinger's weight restriction is so bad even I can't ride it. Or most adults.

Anyway, you should probably be okay on everything. If you fit fine on WDW's Space Mountain, then the Matterhorn will be no problem (same ride). But for comfort, ride single, don't double up. Thunder will be no problem at all. Umm... Astro-Orbiter is the only attraction I can think of that would be a problem, but if you were into spinny rides, there's always Dumbo.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I'm a big person as well I'm also tall (6'4") so it's double sucky for me sometimes....but DLR is VERY generous with their seats and harnesses. I'll just go through your list real quick.

Maliboomer was fine for me it seemed a bit tight but didn't have any problem fitting.

Screamin' is awesome. I have problems with shoulder harnesses locking down enough on me at other parks. But Screamin' fits well and is comfortable.

Matterhorn, depending on your height I would suggest just ride alone in your seat. Some people can double up in a seat but it's just better to sit by yourself anyway.

Splash Mt is tight in the most the seats...BUT the back seat is very comfortable for a bigger person such as myself. The front few seats are pretty close to each other. The seating is single row each with a back rest and the back is a wider (actually made for a parent and SMALL child).

Space Mt is good too. If you have big legs (like me...plus I'm tall) it can get a bit tight. Not too bad. I am a pretty big person. If you are tall like me you also have to fold your legs to fit good, which can get uncomfortable.

I know how you feel about the nervousness but don't worry. I felt the same way when I went to the parks the first time in a long time, but Disney is very generous with their designs. It's very refreshing since most parks don't design the same way...just enjoy yourself....it'll be all good.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

You might want to check out a similar thread topic at http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28830
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Merge threads together under my post so that we can become more powerful than ever before... Disney villian arms rise up to the sky as thunder roars and lightening strikes, villinous laughter erupts.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

WA HA HA HA HA (laughs evilly while skulking and swishing cape)..........

Nope, sorry, it doesn't seem to work as well with cute kitty smile - no matter how evil I am.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.