Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: Pirates Opening on June 25, 2006....

all i know is that I am going on the 27th....so I know it will be opened

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by mrmouse
    Is it going to be an entirely different ride? or are they just reopening up the old pirate of the caribbean ride??
    Pirates just got a major refurb and they added elements from the new movie so there will be appearances by Jack Sparrow, Barbossa and Davy Jones (no not the cute, little Brit from The Monkees).

• Minion

I'll be there on the 5th, 6th, and 7th, and I am going to go straight to it every morning, like everyone else!

• Neep meep beep

Well, if it's taken over a week to build the screen and bleachers, it may take longer than A DAY to take them down and remove everything that might cause line problems or issues.

I think a lot of us are going to be there on the 25th for the regular Sunday meet, so I'm sure you'll hear quickly if anything opens on that date!

By the way, every day I'm in front of Pirates for the past few months I hear people say "What? Pirates is closed? Why?" I am not as sure as other Disney obsessives (me primarily among them) that "everyone" knows about the opening date.

Given the high capacity of the attraction, and the lack of knowledge among parkgoers, it may not be as "crowded" as you think, especially during the weekdays. At least I hope not.

• Basking in birthday love

The instant Pirates reopens, its queue will extend to the Mansion. There is no way they could manage that with the bleachers still up. It would be a nightmare. However, I do have a friend scheduled to work Pirates on the 25th; he thinks there might be some form of a cast preview that day, but I don't think anyone knows for certain at this point.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    The instant Pirates reopens, its queue will extend to the Mansion. There is no way they could manage that with the bleachers still up. It would be a nightmare. However, I do have a friend scheduled to work Pirates on the 25th; he thinks there might be some form of a cast preview that day, but I don't think anyone knows for certain at this point.
    Then why are they opening on the 26th? The bleachers won't be down until the 28th at the earliest.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    Then why are they opening on the 26th? The bleachers won't be down until the 28th at the earliest.
    4 days to take down bleachers? Jeeze...how big are they going to be? It's in the middle of the summer season...IMO I think they could get them down by the 26th. Oh yeah, welcome back Manabyte!

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Well, if it's taken over a week to build the screen and bleachers, it may take longer than A DAY to take them down and remove everything that might cause line problems or issues.
    Yeah, no joke! I was there yesterday and the screen apparatus was completed, the covering just hasn't been stretched across it (probably won't be until Saturday due to winds), but the bleachers/theater seats weren't even done being put up yet. I doubt they'll be gone in less than a day. I can't wait though!

• Basking in birthday love

They can put up and take down all the Christmas decorations at the park in one night (with the exception of the attraction overlays, which are more complex), and they managed to decorate the entire park for the 50th in one day. I'm guessing they're giving the bleacher load-in a week because there's so very much else going on with preparations that their attentions are on other things, and they don't want to feel rushed. Once the premiere is done, cleaning up after it will be a piece of cake.

Plus, every theater person knows that strike takes a fraction of the time that building a set does. The horrifyingly complex set that took fully three months to complete is gone in under two hours. It's much, much easier to tear down than it is to set up.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    They can put up and take down all the Christmas decorations at the park in one night (with the exception of the attraction overlays, which are more complex), and they managed to decorate the entire park for the 50th in one day. I'm guessing they're giving the bleacher load-in a week because there's so very much else going on with preparations that their attentions are on other things, and they don't want to feel rushed. Once the premiere is done, cleaning up after it will be a piece of cake.

Plus, every theater person knows that strike takes a fraction of the time that building a set does. The horrifyingly complex set that took fully three months to complete is gone in under two hours. It's much, much easier to tear down than it is to set up.
    that is very true, stage crews for concerts take a lot longer setting up the stage than they do in taking it down. They know exactly what they have to do in order to take things apart and can do it very quickly as they are experienced workers.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

First off, the Christmas decorations go up in about a week, they do not go up over night.

Let's look at the VIP schedule...

5 to 6:30 PM - Red Carpet

6:30 to 8:30 PM - Cocktails and Dinner

8:30 to 9:30 PM - Pre-movie events (entertainment)

9:30 to 11:30 PM - Screening of the movie

11:40 to Midnight - Special viewing of the Fireworks

Midnight to 1 AM - More cocktails and dessert

So about 1 AM, maybe a bit later the VIP folks will start to leave.

First thing you will need to do, pick up the trash and remove all the extra tables and chairs, catering carts, etc. set up in the NOS area.

So maybe at 3 AM you can start to work on the bleachers, except the center section, which is where the projection system is placed, that will take longer to remove, since they will do that with care.

So how much can get done in 5 hours (park opens at 8 AM), not that much.

As far as I understand, they will work most of the day on Sunday to start to disassemble the bleachers, the first thing is removing (unbolting) the individual seats. (If you haven't seen the bleacher set-up, check out my photos, I took some new ones this morning).

Sunday night, right after close, they hope to bring in large trucks to start getting a lot of the bleacher equipment out. (Remember that the main access points to bring the trucks in and out are the Big Thunder Ranch area and the Splash Mountain exit area). So you can't have trucks in the area during the operating day (8 AM to Midnight).

What I have been told, they hope to have most of the area clear by opening Monday AM, except the Main Bleacher that supported the projection equipment and was built to be over the water. This will allow for decent access to the area, and a place to build a extended queue for Pirates.

Monday during the day the Main Bleachers should be torn down, and the Fantasmic Stage should be cleared.

Monday overnight has the trucks return to finish picking up the rest of the set-up equipment. Tuesday during the day, the Fantasmic! crew will work on bring the stage back to the pre-event status (adjusting lights, other equipment). Tuesday overnight has a Fantasmic! run-thru to make sure everything is back to normal.

Wednesday night Fantasmic! returns with public showings.

So you have 8 nights to set-up the event, and 3 nights to remove it. So yes, it is a lot faster to remove the equipment, but it just can't be done in one night.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    I'll be there the 24th, 25th, and 26th. I'll be filming the red carpet, and I may film the ride but not sure yet.
    Need an Assistant?????? I'll accept a ticket into the park as payment??? LOL
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsix
    There will be a lot of work going on after the 24th. All those bleachers and the screen. In fact from what I hear a lot of that area will still be closed off.
    It makes sense. Disney got a lot of flack last time they did this.
    With all the bleachers and the movie screen and etc., it's prob. easier to have portions of the area closed off to get everything cleaned up.
    It also prob. gives them a day to get everything set up for the craziness that will happen on Monday (June 26th). I'm scared to think of the lines and how long they will be.
    I'm guess Pirates will be hit early in the morning vs. the other major rides (and I'm sure this is a first)

As far as a soft opening. They've said not going to happen.
    Maybe a CM Soft, but that's it.
    But think about it. Everything they do soft openings, it always a few weeks before the "offical" opening date. If they haven't done one yet, ODDS ARE they won't do one at all.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by pveticket
    It was the automatic number
    1 714 781 4565
    I called.
    Listen carefully to what they said.
    they said now THROUGH June 25th.
    They did not say until June 25th.
    The website also still shows June 25 as a refurb. date.

Through GENERALLY implies: "includes"
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12