Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

• white and nerdy

Re: Disneyland adding a Walt Disney impersonator for photos. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

This by-passes alot of the fights going on. But I think it's a interesting point pertaining to the original post.

Visting the First Contenental Congress one of my best memories was the impersonators of Ben Franklen and Thomas Jefferson. They didn't give autographs, it was more like.... well... we were sitting around at their feet and they were telling stories and teaching us songs from the 1700's. it was fun, and... well.... respectfull. it was a living homage to two of the most influential Americans ever.

Now, I'm not saying that it would work logisiticly in Disneyland, but if it was perhaps a live show or something like that... I wouldn't be opposed to it. Originally I was, I didn't like the idea, but then I remembered how cool Ben and Thomas were.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

Re: Disneyland adding a Walt Disney impersonator for photos. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Micoofy,

you need to realize that sometimes on here, its better to have a thick skin and not let certain words get to ya. Whether its from the newbies or not. Like Circarama said, don't ask for everyone else's opinions if you are not going to like what some of them have to say.

And another thing that some should remember.

To the biggest Disney fans, to some that are true to Walt and his dream at heart, messing with an icon such as Walt is a touchy subject where a line that should not be crossed.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by silverphoenix
    Micoofy,

you need to realize that sometimes on here, its better to have a thick skin and not let certain words get to ya. Whether its from the newbies or not. Like Circarama said, don't ask for everyone else's opinions if you are not going to like what some of them have to say.

And another thing that some should remember.

To the biggest Disney fans, to some that are true to Walt and his dream at heart, messing with an icon such as Walt is a touchy subject where a line that should not be crossed.
    You and a select few of others can keep rephrasing "don't ask for everyone else's opinions if you are not going to like what some of them have to say" a thousand different ways. I understand and still understood what I was asking for when I created this post.

There's an acceptable and respectable opinions and then there's an opinion that I felt that I should address despite people thinking I should have let it go. I responded because I felt the last comment needed a response by me. There's nothing wrong in me responding to what I felt was a bad choice of words on their part.

Not many people want to be addressed in this manor and I have since apologized but I did speak my own mind so why continue with the "don't ask" comments. Let me ask and let me respond. Let's be done with this issue of my views of that disrespectful opinion.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    This by-passes alot of the fights going on. But I think it's a interesting point pertaining to the original post.

Visting the First Contenental Congress one of my best memories was the impersonators of Ben Franklen and Thomas Jefferson. They didn't give autographs, it was more like.... well... we were sitting around at their feet and they were telling stories and teaching us songs from the 1700's. it was fun, and... well.... respectfull. it was a living homage to two of the most influential Americans ever.

Now, I'm not saying that it would work logisiticly in Disneyland, but if it was perhaps a live show or something like that... I wouldn't be opposed to it. Originally I was, I didn't like the idea, but then I remembered how cool Ben and Thomas were.
    Now this is something is might more acceptable to me.

I would be willing to give consideration to having actors portray Walt, and say, Roy Disney (my personal unsung hero). It would be interesting and good "edu-tainment".

One of my biggest reservations about the idea of Walt walking around the Park, signing autographs and posing with people is the potential for giving the opportunity to some guest to potentially humiliate the actor (portraying Walt) by doing or saying something crass, hurtful or otherwise disrespectful of Walt's legacy.
    Having an actor up on a stage portraying Walt changes things dramatically, because now he is not interacting with the guest, but rather acting out a prearranged script that will show the man in a (hopefully) positive light.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910