Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Disneyland adding a Walt Disney impersonator for photos. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Bad idea. I don't know, I think it would sort of cheapen his name if that happened.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland adding a Walt Disney impersonator for photos. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

I think that it would cheapen the image of Walt Disney himself if he were to appear to pose for guests...and the attraction that features Walt, One Man's Dream in Disney MGM Studios, is done tastefully through the use of film and Walt's own words. I think having him appear to interact with guests would make him more of a character than someone who deserves our respect and gratitude.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• That's interesting.....

For me, it would be too weird and creepy, so no.

• back in Austin

Bad idea. Walt is not "reproducible." That demotes the real man into a piece of fiction.

Plus, Walt himself doesn't belong in the show. Only his creations do.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Wow I get it, bad idea but if the execs did push an idea like this forward, how "disrespectful" would you be to the guy posing for photographs in Disneyland? Would there be protests? Rallies? Candlelit prayers?

Still no one had addressed that a younger Walt Disney impersonator is at the begining of a the WDW parade but I'm not sure if there's a Walt Disney impersonator at the Disneyland parade. How do you gals and guys feel about this impersonator on the float?

Isn't that a character on a parade of characters?

• Zero Blockout Dates

Didn't I read somewhere that the Disney family has a deal with The Disney Corp. to never make Walt an AA or character?
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

^ Oh dear.

Well, first of all, I wouldn't treat the actor badly. In the end, it's a job. Some people need money really badly. If anything, I'd be angry with casting and management for the very idea.

I never knew there was a "Walt Disney character" in a parade at WDW. The very idea turns me want to...vomit. Hmm, maybe because WDW relies more on tourists instead of locals, they can get away with this more.

Disneyland doesn't have a "Walt Disney character" in any of the parades.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

ok fine here goes

are the mickey walking characters disrespectfull to mickey??
    no , in vegas you can get your picture taken with an elvis impersonater , so why not walt , how does the saying go?.. Immitation is the sincrest form of flattery ,

i'm all for it... if the impersonater pulls it off well

My Maleficent tattoo

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    Didn't I read somewhere that the Disney family has a deal with The Disney Corp. to never make Walt an AA or character?
    attention lovely and passionate MiceChatters, your attention should now be focused on the float below at WDW's Share a dream come true parade.

If an impersonator can be on a float, why not on the ground for photo ops?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen
    ok fine here goes

are the mickey walking characters disrespectfull to mickey??
    no , in vegas you can get your picture taken with an elvis impersonater , so why not walt , how does the saying go?.. Immitation is the sincrest form of flattery ,

i'm all for it... if the impersonater pulls it off well
    Aye, but with Elvis, the whole thing tends to come off as a cheesy joke.

Mickey doesn't talk in costume. He can walk around and wave. Hence, he doesn't possibly do something that Mickey wouldn't do.

Imagine if there actually was a Walt character. I can only imagine how many people would come up to the poor actor and ask, "Is it true that you're a Nazi?" >_<

• Still lost in Neverland

NO Period. It is not allowed. There won't even be an A/A figure. Just getting the statue of Walt took years and years of infighting and bickering. I think it's in the will. He will never be represented, in any form, in any of the Theme Parks or Studios. It's just not allowed!!!
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    NO Period. It is not allowed. There won't even be an A/A figure. Just getting the statue of Walt took years and years of infighting and bickering. I think it's in the will. He will never be represented, in any form, in any of the Theme Parks or Studios. It's just not allowed!!!
    Ah but he is being "represented" over at WDW. See for yourself 2 posts back... has your jaw dropped?

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Wait I just figured out that maybe that whole nonrepresented deal is only for Disneyland, his first park. Or so I'm assuming.

• Still lost in Neverland

I think that type of "representation" in a parade, which is all about his life anyway, is ok. I think he was against the idea of statues or A/A figures being around to represent him 24/7. This parade thing is different. It is telling a story, and they need to do it this way. That doesn't bother me. Putting him on display as part of a Show or Attraction, I would not like. And I don't think what's left of his family would either.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by ssmccullough
    I truly hope that someone up in senior management cans this idea before it even gets to the casting stage...
    it is NOT an idea being considered.

it is a question from the OP only.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast