Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Cool Disneyland adding a Walt Disney impersonator for photos. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Was just curious what many MiceChatters think about this idea because many people here seem to tell us on Walt's behalf what he would do or say or feel regarding various aspects of today's Disneyland. None of us really know who he was or what he thought, I think only familiy members really know the man himself and can speak on his behalf.

But to not get off topic, I believe Walt Disney is an iconic American figure that many adults can appericate and many kids can learn from while at the park.

I would love to pose for a photograph with a Walt Disney impersonator, um... now getting his signature, I think people could go nuts with ebay saying Walt Disney himself signed an old Disney Park product... ;o) I myself would never bid on such a thing on ebay.

Nonetheless, I'd love to see and meet Walt Disney at Disneyland. What do you all think about this idea. Good or Bad?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland adding a Walt Disney impersonator for photos. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

i thik that would be turning him into a "character" rather than a man, so in my opinion, no, i don't like it

• Banned User

Re: Disneyland adding a Walt Disney impersonator for photos. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

I think it would be a little creepy, but nonetheless, I thought the mayor of Main Street was wierd.

• Banned User

Absolutely NO!

As an AA, sure. As a real human being walking the parks? No!

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Wow ---- welll....hummmm...... ( Some frozen head jokes just came to mind but I will surpress them)..... well...... I am not sure what they have to gain by this. It would only add contraversy. To say Walt was not a "character" is not really true.... every episode of Wonderful World of Colour and Wonderful World of Disney showed us that, in Leorard Malten's words "...everyones favorite uncle".

I think I would like it.

Think.......

creepy...................

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Disneyland adding a Walt Disney impersonator for photos. Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Fine. I guess it IS a bad idea but it didn't seem like a bad idea to have him featured in a Disney parade as seen in Walt Disney World!

Onto the next post lost boys!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Didn't Walt Disney say something about how even he wasn't "Walt Disney" as people saw him? I think he set up a persona for the cameras and press different from his real one, so an impersonater could work. Maybe not for the disney die hards though

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

NOT as an impersonated character.

NOT as an animatronic.

Let's just remember him and respect him in our hearts.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• 1 Fanboy to Rule Them All

I think if I saw something like that on Main Street, my eyes would pop out of their head. "Is that.... WALT DISNEY?"

Now for the real mindbender: What would Walt Disney think about a Walt Disney "character" walking around?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Bad idea.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Monorail Racer

Bad idea. Bad, bad idea. I'm not sure what they're thinking on this one.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Defying gravity

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! (Well......NOOOOOO!!!)

That would be so disrespectful. Walt Disney was a man who can simply not be duplicated. He left the world with DL. If DL is really in your heart, you know that Walt Disney is always there in the parks. DL is the only park that truly represents him.

• Disneyland is your land.

I don't think I would like that very much. I firmly believe that Walt Disney was a man of a different generation. It is through his theme parks and movies that we are suppose to remember Walt Disney as the man who changed the face of entertainment and service industries.

To see "him" walking around the park would be a nice touch for a really sentimental photo or something like that, but Walt Disney shouldn't be a character walking around his own park. It was said when he was alive he didn't want anyone to recognize him while he was surveying things so why would 'he' do so now?

I could go on and on about why I think it would not be appropriate, but I truly hope that someone up in senior management cans this idea before it even gets to the casting stage...

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

ok.... i thought about it.....no.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast