Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

6/17 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates 2 premiere set-up, Inside Café Orleans, +MORE!

Another update. There's a LOT going on on the west side of the park. Bleachers are being constructed along the Rivers of America, light posts have been removed along the River. Also, Cafe Orleans is getting ready to open. The inside looks pretty much complete - it looks great inside!

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST
    WORLD PREMIERE SET-UP

Along the green tarps there are teaser/explaination banners for the movie, explaining what, exactly, is going on along the Rivers of America.

Big black tarps have covered the walkway on Tom Sawyer's Island

The streetlights along the Rivers have been removed:

Signage for the Premiere events have started to appear, some out in the open, and a whole lot of others (along with outdoor extended queue poles and ropes) are currently being stored on the side of Pirates of the Caribbean (no photo of this, sorry).

There are a bunch of these signs - at the parking structure tram stop, Downtown Disney tram stop, in the esplanade in front of both parks, and I believe in front of the security tents as well.

...One of the many new Pirates of the Caribbean pins that has recently been released.

INSIDE CAFÉ ORLEANS

Art on the walls looks like its all kinds of New Orleans Square concept art (sorry for the blur):

MISCELLANEOUS

The big screen at Space Mountain, which I assume is for Grad Nites, was on and had an animation of the 50th Anniversary logo. Tink flew around and the background had a bunch of animated Mickey silhouettes

Inside Disney Animation:

I don't know how long it's been like this, but Disney's Electrical Parade has finally ditched the cheap, tacky California-theme tie-in ("A California Classic") and it now says "Presented by Sylvania."

Fireworks from Frontierland

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Space Mountain

And lastly... new "Fourth of July" ears have debuted at the parks. I don't like them very much at all.

Well, that's it - I hope you enjoyed the update!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Re: 6/17 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates 2 premiere set-up, Inside Café Orleans, +MORE!

thanks for the update! the fourth of july mickey ears? eww... anyhoo im so exicted for pirates..i can't wait to go!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Great update MasterGracey!

Wow, I can't wait to go to Cafe Orleans! Does anyone know when it's actually going to open? They keep pushing the date and I'm fearing it won't be open on the 26th...

I don't think that screen is for Grad Nites, otherwise it would have been up a long time ago.

I don't like the July 4th ears either.

I'd like to add that fireworks shot is great!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

it's neat seeing the fantasmic lighting towers during the day

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• My life is better with DL

Oh wow the bleachers are Neat-o. They look so amazing! (but really anything with a huge poster of Johnny Depp on the side would.)
    Cafe Orleans--Nice. I never ate there before but I am still excited...

Well Awesome pictures! Another successful Trip report from the Grace-Miester.

P.S. Dont kill me for the name, I had to.

^This is the life!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Great update MasterGracey!

Wow, I can't wait to go to Cafe Orleans! Does anyone know when it's actually going to open? They keep pushing the date and I'm fearing it won't be open on the 26th...

I don't think that screen is for Grad Nites, otherwise it would have been up a long time ago.

I don't like the July 4th ears either.

I'd like to add that fireworks shot is great!
    Thanks

I'm super excited for Cafe Orleans too! I want to try the 3-cheest Monte Cristo real bad!

I assumed that screen was for Grad Nites - I have no idea what else it could be for - its the ONLY one on the park and I assumed that since it was at Space Mountain it was being used to lure in Grad Niters to Rock it Mountain. But who knows?

| | |

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey

...One of the many new Pirates of the Caribbean pins that has recently been released.
    First thanks for the post, even though I don't want to be spoiled before my 1st trip to Disneyland, I still spoil myself rotten.

And 2nd, I really want one of those new Pins as pictured above. I'll wear it proud.

And 3rd, man I would love to experience Disneyland at 6:30 in the morning, what an experience!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

great up date as usual my dear gracy!

• Neep meep beep

Great job, Master Gracey! I loved your artistic shots of the Tower of Terror and Space Mountain, and the Cafe Orleans pics were very informative.

Keep up the good work!

• Don't mess with the duck!

Once again, great pics and thank you for sharing. 6:30AM? Wow, but betcha it will still be busy. I know I would be there if given the chance.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Very nice. You have some unusal artistic shots in both composition and lighting. I also vote yuck on the 4th hat.

you rock, MG!

see you on the red carpet

• Banned User

Those hats look so cheap and tacky. But that Cafe Orelans looks beautiful.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo
    you rock, MG!

see you on the red carpet
    As much as I'd love to be there for the red carpet arrivals, I don't think I'll make it. I ususally go to Disneyland for the afternoon/evening. I'm not much of a morning person, and to get the most out of that day I'd have to be up bright and early to get down there. It is tempting though, but I'm not sure I can justify it without tickets to the premiere - and we all know theres no way that's happening!

| | |

• I Love Disneyland!!

Nice update MG as always!
    I love the shot of Orlando! YUMMY

The shot of Peter Pan inside Disney Animation turned out very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    That screen has been up for a while now. It has been covered with a black tarp, but it was just recently that they started showing that DL logo and all on it.
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast