Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 163
  1. #16

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Me Mountain
    Wow, thats not the response I thought I would get. Maybe you guys dont eat at fine dinning restaurants very often, but in every fine dining restaurant in the world, the chefs will pair thier entree's with wine! It just seems a little low class to me to pay $100.00 for dinner for two and not be "allowed" to have a glass of wine with dinner!
    And by the way I was well aware that Disneyland is a theme park, I go there all the time, and across the way at another disney theme park, you can have wine with dinner! just to let you know that it does happen. And they have served alcohol at Disneyland since club 33 opened and continue till this day. FYI
    I like it. It sticks with the family idea. You don't need to drink when enjoying yourself with family is the message. Personally I can't stand it when I see guests with beers in their hands, and kids in their other hands at 10am. If you want to drink at a theme park, find, go to one owned by a Brewer.

  2. #17

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Wow ... who peed in your cup of vinegar this morning? Someone's a little testy!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  3. #18

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    If you want to drink, go to Downtown Disney.

    There's no need to drink in a theme park with people of all ages. I'm not saying that everyone who drinks gets plastered, but the few troublemakers that would want to...well, the Blue Bayou servers can't just say "You've had enough." Or if they did. they'd certainly get trouble for it.

    Plus, for those that would get plastered...well, they might possibly vomit. That means more stuff to clean up by Disney staff, which they are lacking.

    There are plenty of other good things to drink besides alcohol.

  4. #19

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Disneyland has always been an alcohol free park (except Club 33). Walt wanted it that way. Blue Bayou can still be an upsacale restaurant without alcohol. If you really feel the need for a drink, go to DCA. Drinks flow very freely there. It seems you can't walk ten feet without finding a restaurant where you can buy a beer.

  5. #20

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Me Mountain
    by the way my responses are out of sync so please dont take my responses personnally, I just think that wine with dinner should be a no brainer, and before I get flamed about his auto biography, Im talking about something his wife wrote about him after his death. I can find it if you want, but I think I got my point accross. Well O.K. then, I'll shut up and have a pepsi with my $35.00 entree. So as not to piss any one off! *Backs away from thread, shaking head, wondering what kind of people dont have a glass of wine, while shelling out big bucks for a high end dinner*
    I agree. When I'm shelling out big bucks for a fancy schmancy supper, I like to have a nice glass of the vino to go with it. I might even have a martini before dinner to whet my appetite. Yup. No-brainer.

    Except at Disneyland.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  6. #21

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,149

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Just went to the Park today.....after a long day of trucking around the Park...I felt like a beer, Hearthstone Longe wasn't but a few yards away, guess what....that's where I went! Booze and Disneyland just don't mix, but if you wish, leave the "Happiest Place on Earth" and exit to DTD!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    127

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Whats with this? adults cant enjoy dinsneyland? I dont get it? you guys keep talking about Walts dream and you dont even realize what disneyland has become, or for that matter what he would allow or think to be reasonable. And you can drink alcohol all over the resort, you guys are acting a little selfish to think that if they serve wine, the next thing you know, people will be runnin around drunk, with baseball bats, yeilding plastic cups full of draft beer.LOL Its also funny to note how everyone has that fake glimmer of ownership, " hey just not at disneyland, go across the street or go to downtown disney" like you own the place.lol, thats off topic, the post is about a fine dinning restaurant not having wine with dinner, The topic was not how to get wasted at disneyland. Im sorry but why dont you just stay at home If you think disneyland is getting a little to racey, because guess what disneyland resort serves alcohol, and they will at the blue bayou too eventually, like it or not!
    Ijust thought that maybe some non biased mature adults might find it a little weak to go and order a filet and say " yes I'll take the filet mignon will a glass of your finest coca cola product.WHATEVER.
    Last edited by Flash Me Mountain; 06-18-2006 at 11:37 PM.
    5.6 miles away from the entrance of POTC!

  8. #23

    • rosy, stunned and amused
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    344

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    There is no booze in Disneyland. Sorry. I like a good glass of wine with my dinner too, but am willing to accept Walt's rules. I'd love to have a nice Merlot with my pork loin at BB too.That's why... until my Club 33 membership comes through... I dine at Uva Bar.
    oy...(my heart is breaking)....

    Tom..TELL ME YOU JUST DIDN'T pair porkloin with merlot :~~~(
    Have you tried a good fruity Pinot Nior from Marin(!), Sonoma or Tuscany (yes, its new- ask about Dievole Vineyards)? or a really zesty Spanish dry rose or roja? I'd also suggest a decent SauvBlanc/Pinot Blanc from the Australia before {shudder}...

    But Merlot? meh::shrugg::

    :-)
    "AND CONGRATULATIONS MICECHAT! WE HAVE NOW GONE INTO RELIGION, POLITICS, AND RACISM ON ONE THREAD! HELLS HAT-TRICK!"
    - PanTheMan


    <img src=http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e39/drpicard/01d3ee07.jpg border=0 alt= />

  9. #24

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,041

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Me Mountain
    by the way my responses are out of sync so please dont take my responses personnally, I just think that wine with dinner should be a no brainer, and before I get flamed about his auto biography, Im talking about something his wife wrote about him after his death. I can find it if you want, but I think I got my point accross. Well O.K. then, I'll shut up and have a pepsi with my $35.00 entree. So as not to piss any one off! *Backs away from thread, shaking head, wondering what kind of people dont have a glass of wine, while shelling out big bucks for a high end dinner*
    I certainly understand your point of view, and I seldom drink alcohol.
    When you go to a restaurant with a great ambiance like Blue Bayou,
    and are charged the high prices, like the Blue Bayou, It certainly is
    reasonable to expect to be able to order a glass of wine. Add to that
    what Matt Ouimet stated recently, about making the Blue Bayou THE
    premier Restaurant at the resort, it seems much more likely that they would consider offering alcoholic beverages. Especially since they are aiming to bring service to the next level.

    I would also question whether an additional liquor license is even necessary for the Blue Bayou, as they share the same kitchen as
    Club 33. In addition Disneyland has had special events in the New
    Orleans Square area and holds several private events with availability
    of alcohol, also within Disneyland.

  10. #25

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Picard
    oy...(my heart is breaking)....

    Tom..TELL ME YOU JUST DIDN'T pair porkloin with merlot :~~~(
    Have you tried a good fruity Pinot Nior from Marin(!), Sonoma or Tuscany (yes, its new- ask about Dievole Vineyards)? or a really zesty Spanish dry rose or roja? I'd also suggest a decent SauvBlanc/Pinot Blanc from the Australia before {shudder}...

    But Merlot? meh::shrugg::

    :-)
    Hey... I like Merlot. Would a nice Malbec be acceptable?

    "What's the word? THUNDERBIRD! What's the price? .49 twice!"
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  11. #26

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    127

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    I certainly understand your point of view, and I seldom drink alcohol.
    When you go to a restaurant with a great ambiance like Blue Bayou,
    and are charged the high prices, like the Blue Bayou, It certainly is
    reasonable to expect to be able to order a glass of wine. Add to that
    what Matt Ouimet stated recently, about making the Blue Bayou THE
    premier Restaurant at the resort, it seems much more likely that they would consider offering alcoholic beverages. Especially since they are aiming to bring service to the next level.

    I would also question whether an additional liquor license is even necessary for the Blue Bayou, as they share the same kitchen as
    Club 33. In addition Disneyland has had special events in the New
    Orleans Square area and holds several private events with availability
    of alcohol, also within Disneyland.
    Sanity lives...........thank you god!
    5.6 miles away from the entrance of POTC!

  12. #27

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    bringing it back
    Posts
    4,177

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Me Mountain
    Are you crazy, I'm talking about adults having wine at a fine dining restaurant (suposedly). Walt would be fine with this, you would know that if you ever read his auto biography, in fact Walt felt a little trapped by the perception that he was entirely "G" rated.
    But thats not the point, its about having some class, If you say your going to be the finnest restaurant of any disney property, well you have to serve wine with your $30.00 entrees. IMHO
    While, I do enjoy the Blue Bayou, I would hardly call it the finest restaurant on any disney property. Inside a Disney Park?, then it'd be up for consideration. There are many fine restaurants on Disney property that I'd rate high above the Blue Bayou. Napa Rose. Victoria and Albert's California Grill in WDW to name a few.

    The Blue Bayou has a theme park ride sailing through it. Granted it's Pirates of the Caribbean, the most famous theme park ride in the world, but it's hardly in the league of the other restaurants when you have people hollaring out "throw us a roll".

    ErikAnders.smugmug.com

    Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


    1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

  13. #28

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,872

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    I don't see why this is such a big deal

    Blue Bayou has always been quite a bit overpriced so now they're going to try serving nicer overpriced food since the lines are so large

    I doubt that not serving wine will hurt them at all with the lines this resturant gets

    I really don't see what's wrong with keeping with Walts origional wishes

    like it or not Walt did say no alchohol in DL and that's something that's upheld at ever MK except DLP (stupid french :B j/k)

    there are plenty of places to get alchohol around the resort so if it bugs you just eat somewere else

    arn't there a few other high class resturants in the resort that serve wine?

  14. #29

    • Still wants to be a cat!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    2.4 Miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    7,149

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Club 33 has it's own address registered with the City of Anaheim, so does the Blue Bayou, so if they wish to serve alcohol, they must submit an application for a license......Disneyland is not a entity of it's own, even thought you might think so.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!


    - Wolfette

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    127

    Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    While, I do enjoy the Blue Bayou, I would hardly call it the finest restaurant on any disney property. Inside a Disney Park?, then it'd be up for consideration. There are many fine restaurants on Disney property that I'd rate high above the Blue Bayou. Napa Rose. Victoria and Albert's California Grill in WDW to name a few.

    The Blue Bayou has a theme park ride sailing through it. Granted it's Pirates of the Caribbean, the most famous theme park ride in the world, but it's hardly in the league of the other restaurants when you have people hollaring out "throw us a roll".
    I agree, but apparently the blue bayou is the hier apperant of their fine dinning restaurants, and why not make the blue bayou the crown jewel of your fine dinning establishments, Its smack dab in the best location on earth.
    5.6 miles away from the entrance of POTC!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Blue Bayou?
    By slowslow in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 08:32 PM
  2. Blue Bayou?
    By beautybeasycoolcb in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 07:05 PM
  3. Blue Bayou
    By nmjohnston874 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 04:10 PM
  4. Blue Bayou
    By BizarreSFL in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
  5. Would you like the Blue Bayou to serve wine?
    By NickCharles in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 08:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •