Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

I can totally see both sides.

I'm a beginning wine drinker (I'll be 22 on Wednesday) and it is a NICE beverage. I can't take it full strength *hangs head with shame* but it is nice with dinner. I would actaully love to have a 1/2 and 1/2 (1/2 wine one half soda, fruit juice or seltzer) at the Blue bayou. Nothing like kicking back after a long day at the park.
    I can also see how it would ruin the familyness of Disneyland. Some people would definitly ruin it for others.

How about serving wine with dinner only? Heck, they could even have a 2 glass (or so) limit. I would imagine that families with younger kids leave Disneyland before the park closes (??). I'm not very Disney educated in this area.

Hmm.. tricky one. Good post though, it got our juices flowing!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Club 33 has it's own address registered with the City of Anaheim, so does the Blue Bayou, so if they wish to serve alcohol, they must submit an application for a license......Disneyland is not a entity of it's own, even thought you might think so.
    But what about my point about a shared kitchen, why not a bar?
    And what about Disneyland special events which have actually served
    alcohol in New Orleans Square?

• CM for 4 years!

Blue Bayou and Club 33 DO NOT share a kitchen. They are completely separate establishments. They are in completely different locations. They are a completely different scheduling group. They are the only location in Disneyland to have a "bartender" position. There are only four trained bartenders in Disneyland Park.

Walt said himself that he didn't want aclohol served in his park-- DCA is an exception because it is not "Walt's Park" and Club 33 is an exception because it is not accesible to the public.

Thus, alcohol is not served in Walt's Park, Disneyland. And are you kidding? A public application for a liquor liscence displayed in the BB window for 60 days? Can you imagine the complaint line at City Hall?!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Blue Bayou and Club 33 DO NOT share a kitchen. They are completely separate establishments. They are in completely different locations. They are a completely different scheduling group. They are the only location in Disneyland to have a "bartender" position. There are only four trained bartenders in Disneyland Park.

Walt said himself that he didn't want aclohol served in his park-- DCA is an exception because it is not "Walt's Park" and Club 33 is an exception because it is not accesible to the public.

Thus, alcohol is not served in Walt's Park, Disneyland. And are you kidding? A public application for a liquor liscence displayed in the BB window for 60 days? Can you imagine the complaint line at City Hall?!
    lol man you need to be involved with something more important than disneyland, like the poisoning of the oceans or the destruction of the rain forest, gas prices......whatever, because you sound passionate, its just that your arguing about something as absurd as wine in disneyland. Man some of you guys should lighten up, or instead of arguing with people you dont even know about something that doesnt matter, try something new like, not wasting your time! just a thought
    5.6 miles away from the entrance of POTC!

• Regular Newbie :)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Have a Mint Julep instead...yum!
    a non alcoholic mint julep that is

• Regular Newbie :)

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Me Mountain
    lol man you need to be involved with something more important than disneyland, like the poisoning of the oceans or the destruction of the rain forest, gas prices......whatever, because you sound passionate, its just that your arguing about something as absurd as wine in disneyland. Man some of you guys should lighten up, or instead of arguing with people you dont even know about something that doesnt matter, try something new like, not wasting your time! just a thought
    ya, sometimes people argue on here instead of agreeing to disagree...

I don't drink, and I don't smoke. The only drug I consume is a moderate amount of caffeine. But, I am not opposed to Disney offering wine with meals at restaurants inside or outside Disneyland.

There are healthful benefits to having a single glass of red wine each day that outweigh the detrimental effects that accompany drinking, and I think that the attitudes of American society towards wine are far less Puritanical than they were when Walt Disney was alive. So, this is one area where Disneyland could probably change its policy while keeping within the spirit with which Disneyland was founded.

Walt Disney introduced alcohol into Disneyland, himself, so he was not opposed to the policy in principle. And, alcohol can be found at other Disney parks fairly easily.

A winery even exists on the property. So, the ban on the sale of wine at Disneyland seems a little arbitrary and antiquated, now.

• CM for 4 years!

Man some of you guys should lighten up, or instead of arguing with people you dont even know about something that doesnt matter, try something new like, not wasting your time! just a thought
    ....You're the one that started the thread.

And I use MiceChat because it's a hobby, not a cause.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

MiceChat is ABOUT passion about Disneyland. Melmel is a CM at BB and knows whence speaks. You opened the thread! Wanna talk about gas prices. Fine. Open a thread titled "Hey, Gas Prices Suck!" not one called "No Wine At Blue Bayou!"
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Banned User

Goodbye Flash Me Mountain!!!

I'm rather offended not only by your very negative tone in this thread, not to mention your lack of spelling skills, but also by your user name. Have fun!

Alcohol at the Blue Bayou? Not needed in my opinion. It's a decent restaurant in an amusement park, you don't need a killer wine list.

Is it the "finest restaurant in a Disney park anywhere" like Ouimet recently boasted? Hardly. Mr. Ouimet, get on a plane and go to Tokyo Disney Resort. Their Blue Bayou CM's over there are so superior they make our Blue Bayou CM's look like they are working at a taco stand in Santa Ana. And Magellan's at Tokyo DisneySea outdoes The Napa Rose when it comes to service and presentation and showmanship. (And they serve wine and cocktails at DisneySea too).

Anyone who has done a bit of world traveling knows that Disneyland is really just an aging amusement park being run into the ground by various executive regimes. The claim that anything inside Disneyland USA is the "finest anywhere" is either made by someone who has never been past Las Vegas or Santa Barbara, or someone who is simply lying because they know a lot of SoCal locals never go past Las Vegas or Santa Barbara and don't know how good a Disney theme park actually can be.

Alcohol isn't needed at Disneyland's Blue Bayou any more than it's needed at the Plaza Inn or the Pizza Port.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    I would also question whether an additional liquor license is even necessary for the Blue Bayou, as they share the same kitchen as
    Club 33.
    As Melmel said...

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    The majority of BB food production is done in the "underground" New Orleans Main Kitchen, with a smaller BB kitchen "upstairs" where more cooking is done, and the meals are sent out.

Elevators connect NOMK with the BB kitchen, French Market kitchen as well as the Cafe Orleans, and the Club's kitchen. An entirely separate operation as Melmel pointed out.

And for what it's worth, I am neither a big drinker or a tee-totaller (sp??) but I would be very sad to see alcohol served to the public at Disneyland. And I agree with the sentiment expressed in another thread that while the food quality may have been upgraded, the BB is not a fine dining restaurant, but a Disney "faux" fine dining experience, with the prices to prove it.

--Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 06-19-2006 at 02:33 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I think Ouimet's comments are being misinterpreted. He's saying that the future Blue Bayou will be the finest Disney restaurant of them all. Obviously, the previous Blue Bayou was anything but.

Hopefully, the new Blue Bayou will set a standard or a benchmark for the other Disney restaurants, and they will, in turn, incorporate many of the flagship's best practices into the their own operations. I have a feeling Ouimet may want to improve the quality of Disney eateries overall, especially since there are so many new initiatives that have been approved for upgrading the Foods Department's physical locations.

If I was Ouimet, I would be doing the same thing. So many annual passholders are walking through the turnstiles and not eating inside the parks, so there is great potential to capture more of those dollars that aren't being left on the property.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 06-19-2006 at 02:58 AM.

• Minion

I guess that those of us that don't feel that they should change the liquor policy on DL just aren't as sophisticated as "Flash Me Mountain"...or so he thinks.

Your high and mighty attitude is really offensive.

I am a wine drinker and I appreiciate a good wine with a good meal. But, the fact is the Blue Bayou (and the rest of DL) has never served wine. I don't see any reason that they should change that.

Oh please! I enjoy a nice red wine with my filet mignon dinners too. And when I have funds, I enjoy eating at upscale places. You want to drink wine in a Disney park? Then visit Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival in the Fall. It's a great time to sample various wines in a theme park setting. I highly recommend the Party for the Senses. And DCA is right across the way from DL...even closer! Not to mention DTD...

However, Blue Bayou is just one meal. And I didn't even think it was that great when I dined there. I have no problem with it being dry. It seems to do just fine without alcohol, so let it be.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast