Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

I enjoy fine dining but I don't really care for wine with my meals. Never been much of a wine drinker.I don't know why some people can't seem to enjoy food without wine or alchohol being involved. The Blue Bayou has done just fine without serving wine for nearly 40 years and it can continue to do fine without it. That's just my opinion.

• Still lost in Neverland

Angry Re: NO WINE at the BLUE BAYOU?

I am going to repeat something I posted here a little while ago about this and give you the best reason in the world that they don't serve alchohol in Disneyland.

We were at the balcony area of the Gallery to watch Fantasmic, back when it was free and you had to make reservations. We got there and then about 6 people came out from Club 33 and took our seats as they were "Special". Every one of them was so drunk they could hardly stand, let alone sit without falling on their butts. It ruined the whole show as they smelled, yelled and generally acted like idiots through the entire show, all except one. He fell asleep as soon as the show started and snored through the whole show. Disgusting. That's why. People can't just drink a glass of wine anymore. They have to guzzle a half dozen bottles of beer or wine.

That's all we need, a bunch of drunks on a hot day staggering around Disneyland. And you know it would happen. Look at the other other Parks who do serve this stuff. Drunk Louts everywhere.

There is no alchohol allowed at Disneyland (with the exception of Club 33) and that has been in effect since day one, and I hope it stays like that. You want a drink, leave have your drink somewhere else, and if you have more than one, don't come back.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Me Mountain
    And you can drink alcohol all over the resort, you guys are acting a little selfish...
    Well, aren't you being a little selfish, saying the Blue Bayou is now "low class" just because it's not meeting your needs? Well, sorry to say it, but they weren't thinking about what you want, they were thinking about the family. Just because a place doesn't serve wine or spirits doesn't mean it's low class. I'm sorry you can't have you're precious booze, but get over it, it's really not that big of a deal.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Whats with this? adults cant enjoy dinsneyland? I dont get it? you guys keep talking about Walts dream and you dont even realize what disneyland has become, or for that matter what he would allow or think to be reasonable. And you can drink alcohol all over the resort, you guys are acting a little selfish to think that if they serve wine, the next thing you know, people will be runnin around drunk, with baseball bats, yeilding plastic cups full of draft beer.LOL Its also funny to note how everyone has that fake glimmer of ownership, " hey just not at disneyland, go across the street or go to downtown disney" like you own the place.lol, thats off topic, the post is about a fine dinning restaurant not having wine with dinner, The topic was not how to get wasted at disneyland. Im sorry but why dont you just stay at home If you think disneyland is getting a little to racey, because guess what disneyland resort serves alcohol, and they will at the blue bayou too eventually, like it or not!
    Ijust thought that maybe some non biased mature adults might find it a little weak to go and order a filet and say " yes I'll take the filet mignon will a glass of your finest coca cola product.WHATEVER.
    Hehehe, this is such a violent strong response to being told that you can't drink wine....

It sounds like that wine is pretty important to you.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240
    Hehehe, this is such a violent strong response to being told that you can't drink wine....

It sounds like that wine is pretty important to you.
    I agree. Some people become angry drunks and this is a classic case of an angry drunk. Probably started drinking his wine when he started the thread and eventually passed out.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    Probably started drinking his wine when he started the thread and eventually passed out.
    Looks like he's been banished to the Litter Box now.

• Inhospitable about happy

The concern about drunks roaming around DL if they served wine at the BB will sound exaggerated to some, but I disagree. Alcohol is funny stuff. Some people are noticably drunk after just three glasses of wine or so. Myself, I can drink a raft of beer without much effect, but four glasses of wine and I'm buzzing badly. I know I'm not the only one. Just one of those things. DL's policy is sensible, I think.

• The Fantasyland guy

what are you guys talking about? Get the Mint Julep, add mystery substance, and whola!

I personally dont mind the no drink policy. Disneyland should be a safe havan for familys. Now with that said, Alchoal in Disney's other parks (notice I didn't say Walt Disney's,) has not ruined the parks in any way. I dont see drunks walking around DCA or people getting in fights in Epcot.

I don't think Drinks will ruin the park, even if they did add it just at the BB.

• "Always On The Move..."

Whats with this? adults cant enjoy dinsneyland? I dont get it? you guys keep talking about Walts dream and you dont even realize what disneyland has become, or for that matter what he would allow or think to be reasonable. And you can drink alcohol all over the resort, you guys are acting a little selfish to think that if they serve wine, the next thing you know, people will be runnin around drunk, with baseball bats, yeilding plastic cups full of draft beer.LOL Its also funny to note how everyone has that fake glimmer of ownership, " hey just not at disneyland, go across the street or go to downtown disney" like you own the place.lol, thats off topic, the post is about a fine dinning restaurant not having wine with dinner, The topic was not how to get wasted at disneyland. Im sorry but why dont you just stay at home If you think disneyland is getting a little to racey, because guess what disneyland resort serves alcohol, and they will at the blue bayou too eventually, like it or not!
    Ijust thought that maybe some non biased mature adults might find it a little weak to go and order a filet and say " yes I'll take the filet mignon will a glass of your finest coca cola product.WHATEVER.
    While I grew up in a family that served wine with meals....STILL serves wine with meals and I continue to enjoy wine with meals....

I think your above post just proved why alcohol shouldn't be served at the park. Just a little concerned that you are this upset about being denied a drink for a few hours. It's not that big of a deal. IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• insufferable know-it-all

lol man you need to be involved with something more important than disneyland, like the poisoning of the oceans or the destruction of the rain forest, gas prices......whatever, because you sound passionate, its just that your arguing about something as absurd as wine in disneyland. Man some of you guys should lighten up, or instead of arguing with people you dont even know about something that doesnt matter, try something new like, not wasting your time! just a thought
    Actually, YOU are arguing about something as absurd as bringing wine into Disneyland. As I recall, YOU started this thread. Perhaps I can do an internet search and get you Greenpeace's number?

Walt didn't want alcohol served in his park. That's good enough for me.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2
    The concern about drunks roaming around DL if they served wine at the BB will sound exaggerated to some, but I disagree. Alcohol is funny stuff. Some people are noticably drunk after just three glasses of wine or so. Myself, I can drink a raft of beer without much effect, but four glasses of wine and I'm buzzing badly. I know I'm not the only one. Just one of those things. DL's policy is sensible, I think.
    Exactly. And thank you Lost Boy.

Everyone's body is different. Some people get tipsy after just one drink. Like I stated before, not everyone would attempt to be drunk, but it could very well still happen. There are responsible drinkers out there, but there are just as many irresponsible ones. Americans have it rough, too...our drinking laws are far more strict than in many places. In Europe, the restrictions are less tight, and as a result they really don't have much problems with drinking. It's allowed, so it's not as fun to get drunk, not really a big deal over there. Since our laws are more strict, it's far more fun and taboo to get loud and drunk...which is why we have such a problem with drinking, IMO.

Oh, and Flash Me Mountain, you're comments towards melmel were extremely hypocritical. Maybe it's you that needs to be "more adult" in this case.

Also, I'm fairly sure Disneyland has some sort of code that they have to follow-whatever Walt stated was to stay golden and respected? And if management wanted to deem otherwise, they'd have to get it passed by the Disney family? I'm not sure, but that's what I've heard.

• Animatronic

Walt has many quotes about his desire to control guests and drunk guests certainly would be harder to control. The current Disney though, I think, is more focused on guest satifaction. Guests simply don't need to be drunk to enjoy Disneyland.

Now if booze is desired in Disneyland to help guests accept all the recent cartoony stuff and the "new" Tomorrowland, I don't know if BB would be the best place to introduce it. I think NOS, with the new Pirate overlay, could be serving grog from those ODV carts. Then it would be "burb! THat Pooh is the bestest ride ever!"

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    In Europe, the restrictions are less tight, and as a result they really don't have much problems with drinking. It's allowed, so it's not as fun to get drunk, not really a big deal over there. Since our laws are more strict, it's far more fun and taboo to get loud and drunk...which is why we have such a problem with drinking, IMO.
    Heh! Have you ever been to England? Especially at this time of year during the World Cup? Drunken louts everywhere!

Back on topic, I enjoy fine dining and I enjoy good wines with my meals, but I accept that BB is a non-drinking establishment and I am fine with that. If I want wine with my meal I go to The Napa Rose. More of an actual fine dining experience anyway.

That's just the way it is in Disneyland. Although, I have never seen drunken people walking around DCA and puking, so I am not sure that the arguements for not having alcohol in a family place really hold up.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Wow, I made it to the bottom of page 1 before I went..."ooohhhh"...

I thought this thread was about Club 33 and I was like the 33 serves alcohol...ah but yes...Blue Bayou...much less confused now.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    People can't just drink a glass of wine anymore. They have to guzzle a half dozen bottles of beer or wine.
    LOL well some people CAN drink a drink or two and stop, and some people are alcoholics

For those that want to drink, you can always go to DCA/DtD and then come into Disneyland, nobody's stopping you unless you're falling over.

We all know that many people on vacation check their brains in at the airport. They have this "woohoo! we're on vacay and we are gonna party down!" thing running through their heads. It's the same mentality when people do the strip in Vegas, or Bourbon Street in New Orleans... for some it is "about" the booze.

Do I think it's a bit strange for a supposedly fine dining restaurant not to serve wine? Yes. But there's plenty of higher end restaurants at the resort that DO serve wine -- if that's what gives the meal an added "oomph" for you, then don't go to Blue Bayou.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast