• Still lost in Neverland

Quick Trip to Disneyland/DCA

This morning my friend with the two twin boys, who are now 18 months old, called and wanted to know if I wanted to go to the Resort for a walk around. I said I would love to, so we left around 9:30 and spent 2 1/2 hours there. Just walking around pushing the baby stroller through Disneyland and DCA.

We checked out New Orleans to see the mess that Pirates is making. Bad. They where trying to put the big screen up, but it jammed about a foot off the ground. I was thinking, they did this same this a couple of years ago, why all this now? Then I remembered that the CM's who did this then, are probably not there anymore, so these CM's have no clue how to do this. Oh well, they will figure it out.

We checked out Pieces of Eight. Small and cramped. I like some of the things they have done, especailly closing off that back door and turning it into theft center. Just too hidden from busy CM's at the front. So many kids back there just pocketing things. Then the new store. Not impressed. Just more commercial junk in there that you can buy at almost any Target or Wal Mart store.

We walked around HM but the line was too long so we didn't bother to try it. besides the boys are too young right now, and even the baby switch would have taken forever. So we walked around the Big Thunder Trail to Fantasyland and checked out the place where they moved the Christmas Store. Now I have always loved this little store, but this is just way too small for the Christmas Store. They have nowhere near the space they did before, and all the really cool Christmas stuff was just not there. Disapointing to say the least. We walked out through the Castle, down Main Street and looked around Disneyana. Some nice Big Figs are out now, but still no Peter Pan/Tinkerbell Big Fig. CM did know anything about it. Alan said he heard October.

We then went over to DCA. This is were the fun with the boys really started. Remember, this is all new to me. It was time to feed them. Last time they were still on the bottle. This time, they are eating from a spoon, held by Dad, filled with Gerbers Goo. I got to feed them for the second round and that was fun. They are just amazing. Not a problem in the world, anytime that spoon of Goo was anywhere near them, the mouths opened wide just like little baby birds. They ate without a fuss. Then they wanted out. Since they are now walking, we took them out of the stroller and off they went.

I now see why parents are always saying you have to watch them every second. It was just so much fun to watch them walking, or more like staggering around. Then they decided they wanted to push the baby stroller, so off we went to the Wharf area, with both boys pushing the stroller, which is 10 times bigger than they are, up the walkway. Of course, ether dad or I was really doing the pushing, but it was fun to watch. Then Jonathan decided he didn't want to walk, or push, or ride. He wanted Daddy to carry him. This left me to watch Michael, steer the stroller, watch Michael, push the stroller, Watch Michael, try not to run into other guests, watch Michael, etc. We went to the baby center at the Wharf and I sat with Michael while daddy took care of Jonathan. Michael didn't need changing. He sat on my lap and we just had so much fun "Dancing" to the music that was playing. He has the cutest smile - its just beautifull. We then walked, pushed, and got carried (well the boys did) through the Wharf to San Francisco, then out through the Grand Californian, where now Michael needed a change. Jonathan and I sat on a wooden bench and just enjoyed the cool shade and watched the other people go by. No problems, he just sat there and laughed and bounced and had a ball. Then daddy and Michael came back, we put them in the stroller and went back to the car and came home.

A short, but fun, trip to Disneyland. Got to use my new AP for the first time, Thank You my Peter Pan!! Warm day, crowded Park, no rides, no shows, but still so much fun. My Disneyland Fix has been filled for now.
    Seeing Disneyland/DCA through the eyes of a child is so different from anything you can do. A lot of work, but its more than worth the effort.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Defying gravity

Re: Quick Trip to Disneyland/DCA

Awww...how sweet. Congrats on getting a new AP. I have an AP too and I love it!!!

• Neep meep beep

Very nice report - thank you!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

That sounds like so much fun. You will have to send me a updated picture of the twins sometime.

Gives you a new appreication of little ones, doesn't it

See what you missed by leaving me with Mom and Dad ... oh, wait ... that's right. I was 6 years old and a pest and you were just turning into a "too cool to hang with little sister" teenager

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Lost Boy - I always enjoy your reports - this one was especially poignant. Thanks for sharing!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Still lost in Neverland

Thank you. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of work keeping track of the boys every second they were out of the stroller. We were both thinking they will fall right asleep once we get them back in the car. No such luck. Fussed and made noise all the way home. The car has a built in DVD player and usually the DVD of Little Einsteins keeps them occupied, but I guess the walk about just got them all fired up. But it was still fun.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Neep meep beep

I sympathize with you, since I have a very active walking 15 month old. I can't imagine how you do it "times two", but thanks for the great trip report - I really identified with this post!