Disneyland is looking great, but I just wouldn't feel right saying good things about the park, lest I be labeled an apologist, or an apocolypticist.
1. I kind of wish I could free-base more stuff at the parks. I mean, they sell churros and ice cream, why not serve what goes best with those things? I'm a responsible adult and I should be able to free-base what I want when I want, and if you don't agree with me then you are a stinky head.
2. I rode the Jungle Cruise with the best skipper I ever had... I don't remember her name, but she looked like she went to school in Utah and was involved in Graphic Designs somehow... anyway. I went again and got someone else who wasn't as funny. I think they should make the Graphic Design Utah girl do it all day every day, just so everyone could have the best experience possibe.
3. Just to add to the magic of Disneyland, I think they should embalm Walt and put him on display, like Lennon or Chairman Mayo. They could even have a cast member work with a stamp in his hand to stamp autographs. They could sell photos with him... The bottom line would improve and that's the most important thing for a business to consider.
4. I snuck in Pirates to see what it looked like. And it looks great, which is awful for the purists like me. Where is the good old water damage? Where is the fuzzy soundtrack? I don't know, call me old fashion I guess.
5. I have a BETTER idea for fastpass than all the Disney suits and imaginers could ever think of ever. I post here with the knowledge that they will find it and implement my design.... perhaps even making me an imaginer myself.... Anyway, My idea is to keep the system the same way we have it now, but add different levels. For example if you are a "basic" level 1 then you can get one fastpass for E-ticket rides whose new numbering\color code is below six or brown (for example a 3-yellow ride) and five fastpass tickets for a seven or orange or above ride. A "Sublime" level 2 guest has all the benefits of a "basic" level one guest with the added benefit of donating twenty dollars to the "save Disneyland's historicness" fund and free churros. A "Godlike" level 3 guest (or APs) can get all the fastpasses they want and have the added bonus of streching the lower lips of lower level guests out as far as it will go before snapping back on their lower teeth.
6. Trying to measure up a child is tough. They may be tall enough for one ride but not tall enough for another ride with the same requirements. The solution? Ban the kids from the park. Walt said that his park was a place to enjoy as a family, he didn't say anything about kids being a certan highth.