• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Question Anyone experience DCA's Electrical Parade Premium Seating? Also 30 days question!

I talked to a Disneyland person via the phone asking about Fantasmic premium seating. Well, she tells me that DCA's Electrical Parade also has premium seating.

So... Anyone bought these seats and lived to regret it or was it the best decision of your entire lives!

Also about that "30 days" thing, this very very rude Disneyland employee via the phone was just rude to me when I asked about the exact date to call back on for the desired date I wished to buy Fantastmic premium seating.

We used July 20th date as an example. Now if I am suppose to call 30 days in advance for tickets for July 20th, I did not want to make a mistake because I've been told these events sell out quickly. So I started asking her my big question.

So I asked her if they started counting 30 days back from the day that I wanted to go [July 20th] or the day before July 20th [July 19th].

I also told her this month had 30 days where next month has 31 days- and then she interrupted me, almost snapping at me telling me "it's 30 days sir".

I said I know it's 30 days but if June had 31 days then I would have had to call on a different date because one day throws everything off. She kept telling me no and that it doesn't matter whatever month has how many days, 30 days is 30 days. I said again that I know that but different months with different amount of days throws her theory of "whatever month" off.

She basically said that July 21st is June 21st. July 18th is June 18th. BUT It just didn't make any sense if June had 31 days. I tried to explain to her this notion that dismissed her "whatever month" comment so that she wouldn't continue to tell other people the wrong information... but she wouldn't listen to me.

I have never experienced so many rude Disneyland people over the phone. This woman makes me want to hang up and call again, which I did and that's where I found out about DCA's premium seating. It's also 60 bucks- wait, she corrected me, it's 59.99 for adults, not 60 bucks as she told me over the phone.

I've taken 3 trips to WDW [a 4th one in the works] and have yet to find a rude employee over the phone. But here at Disneyland, I get rude employees at Disneyland park, DCA park, Grand Californian Hotel and now when I call Fantasmic Tickets.

Although Disney Dining is always polite and patient with me, thank you Disney Dining!

Anyways, just wanted to share my phone experience and wanted to point out that the employee was wrong about counting back 30 days because it all depends on the date and month.

When I had made Cinderella Breakfast reserverations for WDW I had called in advance to find out when I was suppose to call because you just don't take chances regarding these sell out events. Cinderella's Breakfast is 90 days in advance, too many days to count, too much math!

The WDW employee politely told me exactly what day to call back with no problem or rudeness but when it comes to Disneyland employees over the phone! Sheesh!

Also, Back to my first question, any thoughts regarding Premium Seating for DCA's Electrical Parade?
    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 06-20-2006 at 01:25 AM.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• white and nerdy

Re: Anyone experience DCA's Electrical Parade Premium Seating? Also 30 days question!

I did it and it was so pointless. Seventy-five (or around there) dollars wasted.
    1. There are always good seats for the electrical parade. The route is huge and has plenty of seating areas.
    2. the "desert and wine" platter was... I mean come on. It was awfull. I'd much rather bought a $5 big mac. (not really, but you know)

bottom line? Don't do it. Get yourself a fruit platter or the like and pick out a seat half an hour before parade time. Better food, better views, and much much cheeper.

As far as phone calls go... I don't know what to tell ya. They are usually nice to me, and I call with inane questions brought up in Micechat all the time. like "What is your policy regarding food in the park?"
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Neep meep beep

Re: Anyone experience DCA's Electrical Parade Premium Seating? Also 30 days question!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It's been widely reported that with the busy busy crowds for the 50th, that staff are overworked, and that might be what you've experienced.

I saw the premium seating area yesterday, but I wasn't sure it was worth $59 to see the electric parade. Because DCA is less crowded, and has nice wide areas for parades, you should be able to see the parade quite nicely from anywhere you choose. I also like being able to jet over to Disneyland for the fireworks afterwards, which is not possible with the premium seating and timing here.

If you're a huge ELP fan, and don't want to choose a good seating location, then by all means. Otherwise, in my humble opinion, it's not worth the cash.

• white and nerdy

you can get much closer to the floats without the premium seating as well. If you want to get hit my Captian Hook's cannon then pass on the premium.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    ...If you want to get hit [b]y Captian Hook's cannon then pass on the premium.
    What does that sound... um... well... oh nevermind.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Anyone experience DCA's Electrical Parade Premium Seating? Also 30 days question!

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    you can get much closer to the floats without the premium seating as well. If you want to get hit my Captian Hook's cannon then pass on the premium.
    Oh yes I do want to get blasted out of the water by Captain Hook's cannon! That would be... to quote the word as told by Britney Spears regarding her marriage... "awesome".
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• white and nerdy

yeah. awsome.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as premium seating for the Electrical Parade. It is so unnecessary, as anytime we've wanted to watch that parade, we've just walked up at the last minute and have always gotten a front row seat. It's not like when it was at Disneyland and you had to camp out way in advance--there is plenty of room. I would certainly save my money and pass on the premium seating.