• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Hiddem Tribute in Pooh Bear and Splash Mountain

On my recent trip, of which i am still in the after-glow, I tried to find hidden mickys in critter country... instead I cam across the two tribute areas.

Pooh: Right after the heffalump nightmare, look up and back and there in all their glory are the mounted heads from the wall of the Country Bears.

Splash Mountain. Before SM was therem it was a large berm-type area with various plants, rocks and a cave where snoring sounds could be heard, (Although I have never seen a picture of this). Now there is snoring behind a door while you are on the ride..... is this coincidence or a tribute?

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Re: Hiddem Tribute in Pooh Bear and Splash Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny
    On my recent trip, of which i am still in the after-glow, I tried to find hidden mickys in critter country... instead I cam across the two tribute areas.

Pooh: Right after the heffalump nightmare, look up and back and there in all their glory are the mounted heads from the wall of the Country Bears.

Splash Mountain. Before SM was therem it was a large berm-type area with various plants, rocks and a cave where snoring sounds could be heard, (Although I have never seen a picture of this). Now there is snoring behind a door while you are on the ride..... is this coincidence or a tribute?
    Not a coincidence. The snoring bear in a cave, Rufus, was indeed located on that spot prior to Splash Mountain's opening...I think ol' Rufus even took up residence in that part of 'Splash' shortly, before they changed the cave to being owned by B'rer Bear. Can anyone confirm this? ^^;

• e komo mai

The first time I rode Splash (the week it opened) the sign said 'Rufus'. Then they turned it into Brer Bear's house later on but it's still the same snoring recording...

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

I have taken all my nephews on the Pooh ride under the guise of it being a children's ride and knowing that they love Pooh. Obviously I go on it because I love it. LOL I never ADORED the Country Bears (only at Christmas) but my roommate did and she always says something about them being gone when we ride this ride. I am going to have to show her the bears, that's awesome.

• Rock Star Minion

Wow, you learn something new every day.

Of course, the day is still young.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Those are both correct.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

The Snoring also originally came from the Disney film "Snow White".

• A New Kind Of Villain

It's the only reason I ride Pooh so often, quite frankly. Although it is a fun thing to do every once in a while when you've already been through most of the park in a day; plus it's air conditioned. ^_^

Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

I'd almost venture to say they would frighten me as a child going on that ride and not knowing what they are and what they came from! LOL

• Minion

Back in the day you would exit HM and turn left and there was this big rock formation on the left, that had a cave in it. I would say it the was about 100 feet high up ( I was really short then) No really it was only about 6 to 8 feet up. You would look up to the snoring sounds and it would be rufus sleeping in his cave. I think there was a sign that said "BEWARE sleeping Bear". This was Bear Country! As you all know once you passed this rock you went to the left and you were at the doorstep of CBJ. Oh the memories!
    Jason