Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Does going to the park every week ruin the magic?

mostly i was thinking of people like Daddy-b and Darkbeer whom bring us those awesome photo updates most everyweek ,

for me anyway , i like living 300 miles away from the park , and i love the anticipation of planning that trip to Disneyland , and getting in my 2 or 3 days of fun , but i think seeing it all the time , especialy taking pictures of the same old things , like sub construction ( dont get me wrong i love looking at the pictures myself ) might ruin some of the magic?

thoughts?

My Maleficent tattoo

Re: Does going to the park every week ruin the magic?

I go to the park about once a week and believe me, the magic is still there. If anything, going more often enhances the magic because we're able to take our time and explore all the different little areas that we never even knew existed during our days of taking the park by storm on our once a year trips.

It's fun to just sit and watch the ducks or the trolley horses and of course, all the people. I enjoy it so much more when I can take my time and leave when it gets uncomfortably crowded.

I love it when I'm down at school and am able to go to WDW whenever I want.. it's amazing! Although the excitement is so great when you're finally getting to go to the parks after waiting for a long time (for those who take a trip every couple of years), just being able to go to my favorite place in the WORLD anytime I want is just as exciting and magical. Heck, I even studied for some of my final exams last month at EPCOT just cause I could!

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

I am at the park about once a week at least and the magic of the park isn't gone at all. I love going on the rides and just hanging out there. It's such a different world than when I had to take the park by storm all in one day! I must say that my patience for incompetence has severely lessened over the years I had had my AP though. Still, the magic is alive and the anticipation is SO high for things like Pirates' opening after seeing all the changes etc, going on. Yes. Magic. Still there. No more rambling.

• Ooh boy!

Well, you certainly appreciate it more if you have less opportunities to go to the park.

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by openattheseams
    Well, you certainly appreciate it more if you have less opportunities to go to the park.
    Definitely different types of appreciation, agreed! Still love being able to go and just experience a little bit of the magic, eat and go home at the end of the night. I think that's an equal amount of magicality (LOL) for me.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

It's always fun to go. And honestly for me, going all the time sometimes ruins the magic. There was one time at the beginning of this year that I was getting very irritated at things in Disneyland and I had nothing to do. I ended up taking a break from Disneyland for a couple of months and it was worth it. The next time I went to Disneyland I realized how much I missed it and the great enviorment it has.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen
    mostly i was thinking of people like Daddy-b and Darkbeer whom bring us those awesome photo updates most everyweek ,

for me anyway , i like living 300 miles away from the park , and i love the anticipation of planning that trip to Disneyland , and getting in my 2 or 3 days of fun , but i think seeing it all the time , especialy taking pictures of the same old things , like sub construction ( dont get me wrong i love looking at the pictures myself ) might ruin some of the magic?

thoughts?
    Maybe it would for you. Doesn't seem to affect a lot of others.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I think it also enhances it, mainly because you know you can take your time and come back to the park anytime you want.

I never lose the magic for it only because it helps me see something new everytime I go, there really is no way to see it all. LOL I learn something new everyday about one or more parks. I think that's why I love WDW so much.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I've been to the parks 6 times this month. I live about 140 miles away... it's a 2-2.5 hour drive there. And I'm going again today.

Going so often gives me the luxury of being able to sit and people-watch on Main Street for an hour or two while sipping on my ice blended cafe mocha from the Blue Ribbon Bakery.

Going so often gives me the luxury of doing exactly what I want at a relaxed pace - not having to do everything in one trip and worrying about missing out on something.

Going so often gives me the luxury of being able to take pictures for you wonderful people who don't get to go as often and who are interested in stuff going on around the Resort.

Going so often gives me the luxury of being about to go down at 5:30pm and making it there in time to see the fireworks, a couple spins on the Matterhorn, and a final ride on Space Mountain.

Going so often spoils the hell out of me.

But Disneyland NEVER gets old. The magic never grows stale. The magic never turns to boredom. The magic is always there, and I still get excited every time I go!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Who's your DaddyB?

I used to live in Northern California when I was single, and would drive down to Disneyland 4-5 times per year.. basically whenever I could get a friend to go with me, especially if they had parents who lived down there that I could crash at. This was during the 80's and early 90's and there was just a TON of magic in those visits. Also, there was much more of Walt's fingerprint's still on the park during that time.

Then I got married, moved away, and eventually moved back to California, only Southern CA to be close to my wife's family members. So this allows for me to go to the park much more often, sometimes as many as 4 times in a week, usually only once.

Is it the same magic? Absolutely not.
    Is it still magical? A very hearty yes!

As a previous poster said, it's so nice to sit and watch the people, and to know that if you don't get to see something today, you can always come back tomorrow, or next week.

Also, there's a special joy right now in seeing the daily improvements in the park. Watching the changes in the Sub Lagoon, Club Buzz, Pirates, HM... that's really special to me.

Also, even though "life" has gotten in the way of me doing another photo update these past few weeks (I've gone to the parks, just not enough time to get things together to post them!) it's the thanks and extremely kind words from folks in the Disney Online Community that helps to keep me wanting to do it again and again and again.

So while I don't experience the same magic as I did in my visits to Disneyalnd in the 80's (hey, who does?), it's a different kind of magic I experience almost every week, and those days in between.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I go about once a week and the magic is still there. If it wasn't I wouldn't keep going out. However, one thing does seem to get ruined by going out so often, that would be the amount of money in my wallet.
    Mike

We go once a week and the magic is still very much there! I love not having to rush and not having that feeling that our vacation will soon be over (I so hated that feeling).

• e komo mai

I used to go weekly. Each and every visit was/is magical.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I've been to the parks 6 times this month. I live about 140 miles away... it's a 2-2.5 hour drive there. And I'm going again today.

Going so often gives me the luxury of being able to sit and people-watch on Main Street for an hour or two while sipping on my ice blended cafe mocha from the Blue Ribbon Bakery.

Going so often gives me the luxury of doing exactly what I want at a relaxed pace - not having to do everything in one trip and worrying about missing out on something.

Going so often gives me the luxury of being able to take pictures for you wonderful people who don't get to go as often and who are interested in stuff going on around the Resort.

Going so often gives me the luxury of being about to go down at 5:30pm and making it there in time to see the fireworks, a couple spins on the Matterhorn, and a final ride on Space Mountain.

Going so often spoils the hell out of me.

But Disneyland NEVER gets old. The magic never grows stale. The magic never turns to boredom. The magic is always there, and I still get excited every time I go!
    I didn't realise you lived that far away!

Oh, and MG... you owe me Fantasyland pictures
    Have a great trip

Back on topic, I would expect visiting the park so often makes it seem more like a hobby than an experience. Having the oppurtunity to pop over to Space Mountain then go home makes it less special and more of 'something to do'.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California