Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• They wanna know, HO!

Re: Redwood Creek Challenge; $1 to cross bridge

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    A classic example of Disneyland being used as a Daycare for some local parents. Why pay for someone to watch your kids when you can buy an annual pass and drop them off at the beginning of the day and pick them up later? I'm willing to bet anything that those little thugs were local AP holders.
    Or, it could be parents who are sitting on the bech outside the place letting their kids run around the playgym for awhile.

I don't like babysitting being a job at DL, nor do I like a-hole APs, but there is no proof that this is the case.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    Under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

If that were the rule, stuff like this wouldn't happen.

This is where my favorite part of society comes in.
    Well, I'm at Disneyland, don't people here take care of my kids?

It's a shame that society no longer takes responsiblity.
    (from the sounds of it, they've done it before, get away w/ it was prob. blamed on someone else.)

There are plenty of good families and kids out there.
    The minority of this problem however just seems to get bigger and bigger w/ time (it's called kids having kids and wanting to "be cool" around them--not being that parent that can't hang w/ the best of them SEEM to be a bigger concern vs. teaching your kids what's right and wrong).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel

ps- at first i thought YOU would pay me a dollar if I crossed the bridge. its a marketing scam to attract the broke to this thread. thats why i read it.
    I actually thought it was someone alerting us that Disney was charging for bridge crossing in DCA. They charge for games, what's to stop them from charging to use the Redwood Creek Challange?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

A classic example of Disneyland being used as a Daycare for some local parents. Why pay for someone to watch your kids when you can buy an annual pass and drop them off at the beginning of the day and pick them up later? I'm willing to bet anything that those little thugs were local AP holders.

Finally someone else who feels this way.
    I've said it many times and I get crap from people.

It's not true for all...but it's prob. more true than we want to believe.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Lol, just reading the title at first, I thought DISNEY was charging a buck for access across the Bridge!

I was like "What!?"
    Me too! It didn't surprise me either...

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Unfortunatley I agree, because it sure sounds like they had time to put a system together.

I'd love to know what security did with them. Hopefully they're banned from the park for a while... while they grow up and figure out how to mug adults out in the real world.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    My wife got stuck in the redwood challenge on Sunday...
    did you have to pay $1 to get her out?
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

I think those kids are smart lol, making bridge tolls, but not at a Disney park ha ha.
    Jeff Wayne

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    did you have to pay $1 to get her out?
    Ha ha! Actually, she costs me much, much more than that... but it's all worth it!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Unfortunatley I agree, because it sure sounds like they had time to put a system together.

I'd love to know what security did with them. Hopefully they're banned from the park for a while... while they grow up and figure out how to mug adults out in the real world.
    I think I know children like this, and I hope security notified their juvenile probation officers!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Before notifying security, I would have cornered the kids and offered, "$50 for me NOT to tell security what you're doing. Pay up NOW."

Little punks like that need to proposition the "wrong" person and get a response they've never expected.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    This is where my favorite part of society comes in.
    Well, I'm at Disneyland, don't people here take care of my kids?

It's a shame that society no longer takes responsiblity.
    (from the sounds of it, they've done it before, get away w/ it was prob. blamed on someone else.)

There are plenty of good families and kids out there.
    The minority of this problem however just seems to get bigger and bigger w/ time (it's called kids having kids and wanting to "be cool" around them--not being that parent that can't hang w/ the best of them SEEM to be a bigger concern vs. teaching your kids what's right and wrong).
    Unfortunately there is a group of kids out there today who have no respect for authority figures of any kind. If I see a kid behaving badly, I will tell the parents and if there are no parents present, I will tell the kid stop or no. When I was growing up, being told that by ANY adult would have stopped the behavior in its tracks. Now you (or even security) get "I don't have to listen to you, you're not my parent". I've seen 6 and 8 year olds mow down toddlers while playing with no parents in sight. I was then chewed out by the parents of the boys for telling them to stop AND by the mother of the little ones for picking them up and taking them to the managers office because they were sitting on the floor alone crying. The mother wanted to call the police on me for attempting to kidnap her kids! Thank heaven the manager had enough common sense to prevent that.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

I remember working in Chip n' Dale's Acorn Crawl. We used to have a manual buzzer and, after about ninety seconds or so, we'd press the buzzer to signal the kids to get out so the next group could come in. (Actually getting the kids to leave was its own challenge, but I digress.)

Occasionally, we would shuffle the kids out and one poor kid would end up being lost because his parents had simply dumped him off there thinking we were going to babysit him for a couple of hours while they went on other rides.

Um, no, it doesn't work that way.

I would have told the little punks it'll cost them all the money they made for me not to break their tiny necks. To quote a line from The Goonies "kids suck"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123