Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Characters Out At Night ?

Does anyone know why characters arent usually out at night at DL? I always wondered why i thought it would be cool to have out more of them at night then daytime just cause it would be cute. LOL. So then last night i went to DL and around 1145pm or so i saw Mickey , Minnie and Pluto. I was happy , i just wondered if this is common for them to be out during nights or maybe something new for the summer seasons?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: Characters Out At Night ?

we noticed Mickey and Minnie in Town Square around the same time on Friday, maybe a new trend.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Dont make me unfriend you

Last time I was in the park, Oct 2005, there were characters in the townsquare around closing time. Near the hat store there.

We got a few pictures as we were leaving the park.

• Banned User

last july there were characters around the tomorrowland terris stage.. booging to the music.. lol

they are out at night... and can be out longer because it isn't hot for them to need to take a water break...

• Basking in birthday love

The Fab 5 will usually reappear a couple of times between fireworks and closing. They're pretty much the only ones I've seen out there; I remember seeing Belle and Mulan (and a couple of others, don't remember exactly who) hanging out in Town Square after dark, but that was during the winter, so that could have been before pyro.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    last july there were characters around the tomorrowland terris stage.. booging to the music.. lol

they are out at night... and can be out longer because it isn't hot for them to need to take a water break...
    But each character has a mandatory 30 minute on stage....than 30 minute off stage time loop...so they actually are only out 30 minutes at a time than replacements come in if there are any....

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986

But each character has a mandatory 30 minute on stage....than 30 minute off stage time loop...so they actually are only out 30 minutes at a time than replacements come in if there are any....

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Cool Re: Characters Out At Night ?

Suffice it to say that if there was ever a day in which the Character Department was fully staffed, there would be characters all over both Parks.

But... that isn't usually the case.

• Banned User

Wink Re: Characters Out At Night ?

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM
    Sorry.. I might have had the wrong procedure in my mind... Some parks have characters on stage for a time depending on temperature... and if it's night time and not humid.. they can be out for longer periods of time if they wish... (Chip, Dale, and goofy boogying is what I remember.. I need to find that DVD I made with it..)

• Drunk On Disney

Yeah, I saw Donald and Pluto in Toontown before closing last October. It made for great photos, characters in the dark!

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Defying gravity

During Spring Break 2006 or Christmas 2005 (can't remember which), I was riding Autopia around 11:45 pm. I turned around and, lo and behold, Minnie and Mickey were each riding in a car. There was a huge "traffic jam" as everyone stopped to take pictures!

• Cast Member

To answer the first question from the first post in this thread... The entertainment schedule has more to see at night. It also harder to control crowds, spot problems that occur with unruly guests, and a lot harder to sign autographs at night. At night there will always be at least one character in Town Square.

30 minutute sets are normally what is performed however there are special circumstances in which those are shortened. There are no replacements because we all know there is only one of each character.

• I Hate Peter Pan

Sets are generally 25 minutes on stage and 35 off each hour. The extra 5 are for exchange time. Goofy A will switch with Goofy B, within the 5 minutes majority of guest move on. A may be 4 to 6 inches taller or shorter than B

Goofy A 10:00 - 10:25
    Goofy B 10:30- 10:55
    and so on...........

The heat index reduces set time by 5 minutes depending on temp. Some sets can be as short as 15 minutes with 45 off. Humidity means nothing.

PM shifts were always the funnest times, more freedom.....

of course this was 15 years ago.............................
    SMEEEEEEEE.......................HELP ME!!!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

meybe they go do the show of Fantasmic!

Geez, I feel took!(Guess I should be used to it by now.) When I was in the character dept, it was 40-45 in and 20-15 out. Only the hotest days did we get 30-30s! The characters were basically for the children, and in late night hours, the kiddies used to be in bed. So Disney only scheduled characters for daylight hours. Also, characters lose 'vision' in the dark...so it would be a safety hazard for little ones to run up to a character that can't see them. The only exception was private parties...but we stayed in well-lit areas, or stage shows...away from contact with guests; and we were done by 11pm.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast