• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Cast Previews for the 50th delayed

I stopped by the Team Center (where the Cast only event tickets are processed) and noticed that the May 3rd fireworks/parade of dreams Cast previews have been rescheduled to the week of May 11th! I guess there are some last minute details that need to be worked out...
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    I stopped by the Team Center (where the Cast only event tickets are processed) and noticed that the May 3rd fireworks/parade of dreams Cast previews have been rescheduled to the week of May 11th! I guess there are some last minute details that need to be worked out...
    Why is that when the fireworks and parades are starting May 5th? How is that preview?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I was gonna say the same thing- not much of a preview Hopefully the delay will be worth it- I always just saved my cast preview tickets.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Does that mean the May 5th show will be delayed too?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    Drat. Oh well, the next best thing is just to watch whenever they do parade training after park close. This last time they came out it was more spectacular as more of the floats were finished, more performers were out and had great costumes.
    In particular- the Ursula float is great, it's almost like a huge animatronic- the lip synch is perfect, and she even sings along to the songs. The marionettes on the Pinocchio float were exceptional as well, and same with the running flowers. Though I do wonder if these guys are going to be burned out- some of the performers have some very frenetic routines they have to keep up for a very long parade, it's going to be quite the endurance challenge.
    My hat is off to the entertainment department. I traditionally hate shows and parades- but I am genuinely pumped for this one.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Hmmmm... I'm still wondering :P Haven't the cast members already seen remember... dreams come true? Cause they were telling us all about it!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

actually, since the "preview" is after the 5th, the team center CMs have begun referring to is as a "freeview" since its really nothing more than a bonus sign-in without having to stamp the maingate pass.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"

• Minion

Whew!

I thought you meant the parade and fireworks would be delayed.
    We are there the 8-13.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Hmmmm... I'm still wondering :P Haven't the cast members already seen remember... dreams come true? Cause they were telling us all about it!
    Yeah, but up until very recently only segments of the show have been tested. Such as one night they just did the POTC segment, without any accompanying music or SFX or any context- so it was just some silent streamer type fireworks going back and forth over the castle for a few minutes, very lame.
    All of the stuff seen by CMs, with the exception of the past week- have been seeing the fireworks and parade, but in unfinished conditions. Bugs are still being worked out, and not all elements are in place and working. I look forward to seeing the finished products because it looks great so far.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

exactly. From what I heard though, Remember is more or less ready for "primetime" as of last night.