Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• the rum is always gone

I have seen LOTS of character in Disneyland. Granted, not as many as WDW but still ALOT. Mickey is on Main Street, and many of the characters parade around. The problem with seeing them is that they tend to be in the wide open spaces (such as Fantasyland, the hub and Frontieerland) and not in crowded areas like Tomorrowland and Adventureland. Reasons for this range from lack of "properly themed characters" (not that many adventure chacters, like Tarzan) and due to the way the costumes are, the people inside, er I mean... the charcters cannot manuever around very easily. The characters are there, but to see them you have to look for them. Often times standing in line for a ride prevents you from seeing the characters. Another thing is that the charcters are out for only a limited time. In the summer due to the desert climate of Southern California, the characters get exhausted from the heat. However, I can assure you that for the 50th (especially during the busy summer) there will be an larger than usual amount of characters to visit and greet with.

• Minion

I thought it was also worth noting that I usually only see characters until dusk or so, but lately I've been seeing the fab five on Main Street right before closing. It makes for a cheerier exit.

• Puppy Cuddles

Recently, I've noticed that they have more characters out, as many of you have said. My personal favorite is Phillip (he was always the hottest Disney prince, though I'd love to see Shang out there too...tee hee hee). One of my prized possessions is a pic I got with Br'er Bear about a year ago. My request would be Flora, Fauna and Merriweather. I know they have the costumes since they're in every parade recently. Why can't they send them around as a unit with Aurora and Phillip? That's another thing I've noticed. More units are being sent out. Over in the Carnation Pavillion area, the entire Alice unit (White Rabbit, THe Queen of Hearts, Hatter, Dee and Dum, and Alice) were chilling. That's always my favorite, when the characters let loose and interact with one another. I will never forget seeing Peter Pan borrow some pirate gear from a five year old little boy and "trick" Captain Hook and Smee.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Minion

I think I liked it better when there was no meet and greet spot. The characters seemed more spontaneous and it seemed that they where more out and about. I'll keep a running tally of how many I see when I go this weekend.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    I've seen Mickey on Main Street multiple times.

I have no complaints about characters- I see tons. It all depends on what day/time you're there. I do agree there is a lack of variety, but I'm there for the characters.
    I agree! I LOVE meeting the characters and playing with them too. I saw Mickey AND Minnie on Main Street.. we waited for them and then got to ride with them on the doubledecker too. That was fun. I LOVE them.

I just wish I could find this pig around the park in CA!

But I was hoping for more Peter Pan, Tom + Huck, (I love them... even if my boyfriend lectured me about my 30 min interaction and playing tag with them as flirting.. jeez!), and many other "rare" characters... keep them coming my way! It's been years since I've seen people like Kronk. Where are you hiding? You have a silly sequel.. come out now.

• Disney Blood Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by sorceress1986
    Actually, I was at Disneyland last Sunday, and I think things are getting a little better. Along that little pathway from Tomorrowland towards the Matterhosn & IASW, Alice, Wendy, Mad Hatter, Capt. Hook, the White Rabbit, and Tweedle-Dee (or Dum, I'm not sure) were playing Red Rover with a bunch of kids. After the game, Peter Pan showed up. Later, we saw Alice, the Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, and Bert on the careouseal (I know I spelled it wrong). Bert had a kid with him dressed like him, probably some kid whose birthday was that day, or a friend's child. They walked over to the Sword in the Stone and tried to pull it, failing of course. But "Mary" was fantastic! She stoof there while Bert tried to pull it with such a Julie Andrews look. We eventually got to take pictures when they stopped by the old entrance to the Sleeping Beauty walk-through. I'm serious, this woman, sounded EXACTLY like Julie Andrews!! She was great!! Bert took out chalk and started drawing chalk pictures on the ground with a few of the kids, singing Chom-Chimeree. He was sweet as anything for pictures...

Also, while we were waiting for Ariel, we saw Cinderella walk by with two of her mine AND Prince Charming. We mentioned how you never see the princes.

OH! And in the morning we saw Princess Aurora walking around. It was like they were out in force!!!!

But I agree that usually, we get stiffed on the characters. You's think the ones that don't have a ride like Robin Hood or something would get to do that to even things out...
    WOW! LUCKY!! I've only seen peter pan once in my entire life at DL! And I go very often! I would love to see Wendy and Peter again....does anyone know where they usually go and when?
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

• Disneyland Freak

This past summer Peter and Wendy were out in FULL FORCE... they were everywhere I turned in the summer...

http://hop.to/DCE/peterpan.html
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Minion

I too, see a lot of Peter and Wendy. So much that one Wendy started to recognize me..

• Puppy Cuddles

Last time I saw Wendy (back in January) she was over by Dumbo.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• Disney Blood Sisters

Oh thanks! I guess I'll just have keep out for them!
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

• Creative Director

Well, from the times that I go, I have seen Disneyland with more characters out than ever before (well, than the last 5 or 6 years or so). The past several years have seen more and more characters out, but not just for meet and greets.
    I remember reading that the character dept., or someone, wanted the characters to interact more with the guests, rather than just take pics and sign autos. That is why when they are out, they tend to move around a bit more, interact, play games( which is freakin' hilarious when the mad hatter plays), ride attractions, and much more.

It all depends on when you go as well. You have to remember that it is a dept. with a certain amount of people who 'assist' these characters, and depending on how many are hired for a particular season or length of time, thus will reflect how many are out and about.
    For the 50th, they have aggressively had more auditions for characters than normal. Another one is coming up in May. I hear that they want more characters out than normal during the 50th celebration. They were also supposed to be putting out some more rare characters for the 50th, so hopefully this comes to pass.
    Rabbit from The Pooh gang was out recently, and hopefully more will be tested.

The Queen from Snow White has also been out more often now. (my fav!!!!!)

I've lurked here for quite a while but this is my first official post.
    One of the biggest reasons I go to Disneyland is for the character interaction.I actually love seeing a wide array of characters throughout the park.Unfortunately,(a)I haven't been since 2002 and (b)the previous times I did go there wasn't much variety of characters roaming the park.I've seen pictures from when I was younger and I was with the 3 pigs,The Big Bad Wolf,Robin Hood,and Peter Pan.
    I've always wanted to get pictures with the likes of the Robin Hood crew,Jungle Book characters and other various "rare" characters.

I even went as far as to write an email to the folks at Disneyland but that didn't result in much.Maybe we should make a list of characters we'd like to see in the park,whose costumes we know exist,and create an online/offline petition of sorts.I know it sounds stupid,but hey,we are the consumers/costumers/visitors... ya know.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    When we saw Peter, Wendy and Hook, they were running arund, playing on the "Matterhorn path." it was fun to see them. I eventually was able to corner Peter to get his picture. If you want to see a certain character, ask the ToonFinder at the ride board! Oh, and they were out two times that day, in the morning, FYI.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

ORWEN: Peter Pan and Wendy were out a couple of days while us Cauldron girls were there in December of 2004. We saw them on Main Street by the Train Station. But we were also told that Peter Pan usually only makes appearances on Fridays and Saturdays, for reasons that weren't made clear to us. He is also out more frequently in the summer time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12