Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Neep meep beep

Re: Disneyland Video Legalities

Oh you guys, with all of your "legal advice". You missed what Club33 said twice -- he does NOT want legal advice, of any kind.

In fact, I'm still not sure what the point of this thread is, given that repeated claim.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I think he wanted to know if rejecting a "friend" of Ryan's request to take down the video was right or wrong from a moral standpoint/okay legal wise. I don't think he was looking for any sort of issues talking about likeness, etc.

On another note, I think it's really sad that Disney is using guest footage to bust CMs. Although, it begs the question: If Ryan's job was truly in danger, does that mean that he was afraid that Disney MIGHT find it, or that Disney already found it? Because if Disney already found it, taking it off wouldn't really make his violation of SOP be any worse than it was....*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by WatchYourHeadNStep
    You have to remember one rule! If someone's likeness is used in video or stills you MUST have their consent for posting the multimedia file on the Internet, published in a public forum (movie, slideshow), or in printed format.
    You sure about that? I'm not a lawyer, but it seems that a Disneyland CM (and DIsneyland guests) have no reasonable expectation of privacy.
    http://www.rbs2.com/privacy.htm

• Banned User

Keep it on your site, Its not illigal.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    You sure about that? I'm not a lawyer, but it seems that a Disneyland CM (and DIsneyland guests) have no reasonable expectation of privacy.
    http://www.rbs2.com/privacy.htm

Mmmmmfffffppphhhh.... must resist... poster said several times no legal advice.... shhhhh

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

It's really not even a matter of privacy. It's more about copyright law. The truth about publishing photos online or in any other medium is that the photographer (whether professional or amateur) or the photographer's employer (in the case of news agencies) owns exclusive rights to any photographs they take. As long as they do not misrepresent anyone pictured (e.g., if you called Skipper Ryan a lying scumbag) or resort to illegal means to take a photo, they have the right to publish, print, sell, reproduce, or do anything they want with it.

It's a common misconception that you have to get a "model release" or else blur out a recognizable face. Photographers only do that as added protection against litigation--not because the law requires them to do so.

Sorry Club33, I know that's legal advice lol. Just wanted to clarify a few points.

• Disneyland Cast Member

Didn't Skipper Mikey get canned after someone posted a link to an mp3 of his spiel which wasn't OG?
    Last edited by Disnerd; 06-30-2006 at 05:20 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I'm of the belief that there is an unwritten rule in the online Disney community. While I understand the desire to commend CMs that make our visits special, it's also important to do so in a manner that will in no way put their position with the company in danger. I can't think of too many places in the park that this is a huge issue other than Jungle Cruise, but I'm sure it happens.

So lets take care of those who take such good care of us in the parks.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

...I know there is an MP3, although I'm not sure if that has anything to do with why he is no longer with the company...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anders
    I'm of the belief that there is an unwritten rule in the online Disney community. While I understand the desire to commend CMs that make our visits special, it's also important to do so in a manner that will in no way put their position with the company in danger. I can't think of too many places in the park that this is a huge issue other than Jungle Cruise, but I'm sure it happens.

So lets take care of those who take such good care of us in the parks.
    Well said.

• Disneyland Cast Member

Here is a link to the thread about the Skipper who got fired after a recording of his spiel was posted on Mice Chat. http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...=fired+skipper

So it is no wonder that this young man didn't want video of his spiel on the net.

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Oh you guys, with all of your "legal advice". You missed what Club33 said twice -- he does NOT want legal advice, of any kind.

In fact, I'm still not sure what the point of this thread is, given that repeated claim.
    Twist_of_Fate was right; I was just nervous about that email (since it wasn't written in a very friendly manner) and wanted a little reassurance from my friends here at MiceChat.

I only posted again because A) I said I'd update you and B) I wanted you to know that in the end Ryan did wanted removed and so I did.

• Banned User

Why can you get in trouble for filming a CM even by accedent?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Mmmmmfffffppphhhh.... must resist... poster said several times no legal advice.... shhhhh
    I realize that, but my message was in response to someone else who was providing legal advice that may not have been accurate.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    For more information on this, I suggest reading Mouse Tales.
    Yep. A pretty BS way to run a park. Might just be a personal thing here, but I find a place with happy employees is a happier place. And granted I am pretty devoted to the JC and I hate skippers doing real world references or anti-Disney jokes and all in scripts, and I don't mind monitoring for that...but appropriate new jokes are always welcome. It's one of those things that makes the JC so great.

over. Sorry.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast