Pitrats DL Premiere, Sound quality Question.

Hi, for any Dland tech's or audio people I am curious to how the Surround speakers are going to be setup for this premier. While I do think the idea of having a premier at DL is pretty cool (for those invited that is! I really have heard lots of very negative things regarding the sound quality of Pirates I a few years back.
    It is quite hard for a temporary outdoor venue over a lake to beable to accurately mimic the sound of a properly aligned surround sound theatre.
    How is DL staff handling this screening in terms of sound playback and handling the surround sound field?

PS: I have no idea what the heck happened to my title, Pitrats? I meant Pirates as I am sure you have guessed!.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Pitrats DL Premiere, Sound quality Question.

I don't know how they're going to do the sound, but I think I found a Pitrat:

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace
    Hi, for any Dland tech's or audio people I am curious to how the Surround speakers are going to be setup for this premier. While I do think the idea of having a premier at DL is pretty cool (for those invited that is! I really have heard lots of very negative things regarding the sound quality of Pirates I a few years back.
    It is quite hard for a temporary outdoor venue over a lake to beable to accurately mimic the sound of a properly aligned surround sound theatre.
    How is DL staff handling this screening in terms of sound playback and handling the surround sound field?

PS: I have no idea what the heck happened to my title, Pitrats? I meant Pirates as I am sure you have guessed!.
    If you look at darkbeer's pictures you will see large things behind the screens, I believe that those are the speakers. I also wouldn't be shocked it they had tied the sound system into the fantasmic system. The combination will not be THX, but it still should be farily good.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim
    I don't know how they're going to do the sound, but I think I found a Pitrat:

I haven't found my pitrats yet
    I do know that I will be looking forward to see the Pirates though.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    If you look at darkbeer's pictures you will see large things behind the screens, I believe that those are the speakers. I also wouldn't be shocked it they had tied the sound system into the fantasmic system. The combination will not be THX, but it still should be farily good.
    Hi, yes you can see that there are three sets of speakers set up in the scafolding. The set on the Left for the Left front, the Middle for the Center speaker and the Right for the right front.
    Now we have to determine where the surround sound speakers are going to be placed?

They can do lots of tricky things that even simulate surround by use of delays. It can 'throw' the sound so it seems like it's coming from different places too.

• Basking in birthday love

Yeah, the surround sound for Fantasmic is pretty dang good. I watched the show from the little balcony over the River Belle Terrace the night before it went dark, and I nearly jumped out of my skin when the speakers came on behind me during the monkey bit. Buggers are LOUD. (Granted, I was like three feet away from it, but still.)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Lost in Wonderland

Fantasmic got new speakers earlier this year. Now the bass is stronger. So it should be better than the 1st premiere.