Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Vehicle rotating backward

The Chevron deal sparked that big (well, for Pressler years) Autopia re-do, so I can't see the sponsorships leaving that soon.

I could see them doing a Cars overlay on WDW's Autopia, as it looks rather old these days and promoting a movie there doesn't really do as much damage. Plus, people from all over flood into WDW, so it's a lot of exposure.

Besides, "Cars" looks so much like the claymation Chevron Cars that I'm frankly shocked that Pixar hasn't been sued yet.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Besides, "Cars" looks so much like the claymation Chevron Cars that I'm frankly shocked that Pixar hasn't been sued yet.
    Thats what i ment in my erlier post that maybe the movie "Cars" is actually being made after Autopia/Cheveron in Disneyland.

The logo for "Cars" would be neat if it said Autopia. Because, frankly the Autopia sign of 2000 is ugly, I liked the one during 80s and 90s and the temporary one between 98-99.

• Lurker Extraordinaire!

No More Pixar Stuff Aghhh

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I agree. Nemo and Buzz is more than enough.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    I would wait to see if anyone even LIKES Cars.. I don't have my hopes up. How emotionally attached can you get to a vehicle?
    Well, that is the genius of Pixar. Those lamp cartoons make you feel for the lamp. A lamp is even MORE meaningless than cars. Ditto with Toy Story. I mean, sure they're toys, which has an attachment with kids, but they're still THINGS, not alive.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Derekuda
    No, I think that would be a contract violation with Cheveron, because the cars are supposed to be the cheveron cars from the popular comercials. If they did replace it with pixar cars, then cheveron would have no reason to keep on supporting and sponsering the ride.
    Who EVER said they were supposed to be the cars from the commercials? Which by the way were made by Aardman Animation, which happens to have a distribution contract with Universal Pictures.

The cars in Autopia were never meant to represent the ones in those sub-par Chevron commercials.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Well, that is the genius of Pixar. Those lamp cartoons make you feel for the lamp. A lamp is even MORE meaningless than cars. Ditto with Toy Story. I mean, sure they're toys, which has an attachment with kids, but they're still THINGS, not alive.
    Still, I dunno, toys make more sense than cars to me. Toys actually come with like.. faces.. and usually you give them personality..
    I think where I draw the line is when you put eyes and mouths on inanimate objects..

• The Magics in the details

i seriously doubt this... although if Chevron pulls out and Cars does very well at the box office, it is not beyond possibility.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Banned User

Who said Chevron has to pull out as sponsor? If Cars does extremely well (and it most likely will) and they do redo the ride, Chevron might stay on because of the success (future tense) that Cars does. Then they can say they sponsor the ride based off the hit (future tense) movie 'Cars', which won (future tense) an academy award.

I would be proud to sponsor a ride that's based off an award winning, recording setting (future tense) ride.

• Pathetically Obsessed

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I think a cars overlay was breifly considered but so far all reputable sources have said that a Cars overlay will NOT happen (it's just a well known rumor and is fuled by that man Jim of Hill)

I have heard that Hong Kongs Autopia might get a cars overlay along with WDW's (maybe) and that there will be a Cars bumper cars thing in Disney Studios Paris
    Here's the Jim Hill article with info about a Cars/Autopia at HKDL

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1143

If in fact the Chevron contract expires in 2010, I doubt you'll see any changes to Autopia before then. It just doesn't make any financial sense for Disney to spend any money here.

• The Candidate

Didn't another post say that a Cars based ride with Test Track technology is being planned for DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    Didn't another post say that a Cars based ride with Test Track technology is being planned for DCA?
    I've been saying that for a while

Mr Hill seems to insist on it continuoulsy

but many other sources have said no on Autopia getting a Cars overlay

if it's considered it's not very likly (at least for Disneyland)

there is a Test Track ride in the running for DCA or at least there was (if all the clues given have anything to say about it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12