Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Politically Incorrect?????

So after reading al's update the familiar term of pirates being politically incorrect pop up often. Can someone please explain what was politically incorrect about. And i also wanna know why the burning cabin was politically incorrect. thanks
    pshhh i guess

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Politically Incorrect?????

A woman naked in a barrel with a pirate holding her clothes and commenting on her "liveliness".... nahhhhh, I don't see what was wrong with that at ALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Minion

And a burning log cabin in the wilderness with a male corpse lying on his back in front of it and an arrow protruding from his chest. I believe he was removed long before the gas jets were turned off.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    A woman naked in a barrel with a pirate holding her clothes and commenting on her "liveliness".... nahhhhh, I don't see what was wrong with that at ALL!!!!
    Didn't he also comment something to the effect of "hoisting" his "colors" on her as well?

The girl in the barrel wasn't naked. She had a blue dress on. And the pirate who was "pooped out" from chasing after her sat in front of the barrel with a piece of her blue dress in his hand. He lamented to passing riders how "lively" she was and how much he'd like to find her once he got his strength back, while she popped up in the barrel behind him in hiding. It all took place with the pirates behind him chasing other girls around and around. And then, once you passed the pooped pirate, you saw a fat girl who had turned the tables on the invaders and she was chasing a scrawny pirate. (At least in 1967 she was fat. By todays American standards she would be almost a normal sized adult woman)

It was funny.

Then in 1997 they put a bunch of plastic food all over the place and the pirates were chasing the girls who had food in their hand, because they were really "hungry". The girl in the barrel was replaced by a levitating cat, and the pooped pirate in front of the barrel just talked about how much he liked food while he held a giant turkey leg.

It wasn't very funny.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

She was naked??? All I remember is her head poking up out of the barrel, and the pirate, holding a shawl or something, saying, "I can't wait till I hoist me colors on the likes of that winsome wench!" The turntables had pirates chasing women, a rooster chasing a hen, and a "plus-size" woman chasing a pirate and giggling. Anyone have a picture of that?
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

• Rock Star Minion

Apparently, it was politically incorrect to depict, even vaguely, that Pirates raped women once they caught them. ("Mommy, why are the pirates chasing the women?") Kids might think it's ok to do that. Maybe, when playing "pirates" in the backyard, the boys would eventually catch a girl and proceed to do just that. Is that what Disney wants to convey in its rides? Huh? HUH?
    After all, the pirates are the heroes on the POTC attraction. Right?

There's a lot of "incorrect" that goes on in claims of "political incorrectness."
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

What's ironic is that they didn't change the "Bride Auction." The message there is much clearer.
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 5751 miles, 319,000 feet

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    Didn't he also comment something to the effect of "hoisting" his "colors" on her as well?
    Yes he did
    Even said "I be willin' to share, I'd be"

It's pirates.
    The weren't know for being PC.
    It's history, we learn from it.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    And she looked frightened... which makes one wonder if she was a victem of rape... and one wonders if it was right to laugh at an act of violance toward a woman...

It is one thing to chase someone who wants to be chased...

Now that woman in the barrel is going to be Jack... things can get back to some sense of normality...

The auction is somewhat offensive... But then again these are Pirates... Pirates aren't good people...

Plus they are so dumb that they will never get what they want (the red head) because they don't want to bet on what walt called the "biggest bargain" (even though I think she is kinda cute...)

Of course they could change the poltical dynamic of the scene by including Jack in a dress...
    Check out my other blog:

Political incorrect stuff was mainly something that offended someone else. What I think is stupid is that people didn't have to ride the attraction
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Talk to the Ed!

Heck, I think with all the talk of an "Obesity Epidemic" it is now Un-PC to show the Pirates chasing after food!

I just wonder what else if they would have left to chase....

Evan

• Minion

I love how we today try to hide the past and do not want to even talk about it. Just cover it up and never talk about it again. So they go and change a couple of attractions and think oh its all ok now. People do not forget.
    Jason

• The one, the only...

I find it interesting that no one complains that the bride in the Haunted Mansion is supposedly a husband killer. I guess that is OK. If it was a guy murdering a woman, that would have been removed a long time ago.

BTW, I have ridden Pirates from the first year it was open and it never occurred to me that the woman was a "rape victim." I all saw was she was being chased. With the PC craziness of the Pressler years, they never changed the first scene. I guess it is OK to drowned males in wells. Violence to males, OK. Violence to woman, not PC.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Btw... speaking of politics.. did you guys hear the news today?

Donald Rumsfeld briefed the President this morning. He told Bush that 3
    Brazilian soldiers were killed in Iraq .

To everyone's amazement, all of the color ran from Bush's face, then he
    collapsed onto his desk, head in hands, visibly shaken, almost whimpering.

Finally, he composed himself and asked Rumsfeld, "Just exactly how many is a
    brazillion?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast