Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,949

    Having some fun on Soarin'

    There was a four way discussion on DLR on my train home tonight, and one gentlemen relayed what I think is an outstanding practical joke.

    The next time you're going to be going on Soarin', try to hide a golf ball in your pocket. When that scene comes up in Palm Beach over the golf course, reach into your pocket, and try to time raising your hand with the ball so that it looks as if you've caught the golf ball that went whizzing by your ear.

    Your fellow riders will undoubtedly be impressed.

    I've just got to try this next time!

  2. #2

    • Neep meep beep
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Seven miles from Disneyland/DCA!
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    I always say during the opening river/kayak scene, "don't get your feet wet!" People laugh. Then again, I'm stupid.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    LOL!! Genius!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    341

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    BUT....you better have a golf ball that has a Mickey Mouse on it. The ball coming at you in that scene does.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    78

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    Quote Originally Posted by ghoofie
    BUT....you better have a golf ball that has a Mickey Mouse on it. The ball coming at you in that scene does.
    Problem easily solved with a Sharpie.

    You know I just HAVE to try this trick now, especially since I've been doing magic tricks since I was 16 and know how to plam objects.

  6. #6

    • Official Mice Chat person
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I always say during the opening river/kayak scene, "don't get your feet wet!" People laugh. Then again, I'm stupid.
    I try to kick the kayakers heads.


    That is a genius idea about the golfball trick.

  7. #7

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,209

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    Do that at WDW and people will be more impressed! lol. I cant beleive how good Soarin' is doing. Every video i watch of it people are like "thats soo beautiful, wow, oh my gosh!". And I rode it at dca and people were like. "Hey cool"...

    But It would be even funnier if you threw the golf ball at sombody when it whizzed by. Then they would be like, NOW THATS REALISM! (do it at WDW of coarse).

  8. #8

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,797

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    There was a four way discussion on DLR on my train home tonight, and one gentlemen relayed what I think is an outstanding practical joke.

    The next time you're going to be going on Soarin', try to hide a golf ball in your pocket. When that scene comes up in Palm Beach over the golf course, reach into your pocket, and try to time raising your hand with the ball so that it looks as if you've caught the golf ball that went whizzing by your ear.

    Your fellow riders will undoubtedly be impressed.

    I've just got to try this next time!
    Cute trick. Enjoyed that.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

  9. #9

    • Official Mice Chat person
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000
    Do that at WDW and people will be more impressed! lol. I cant beleive how good Soarin' is doing. Every video i watch of it people are like "thats soo beautiful, wow, oh my gosh!". And I rode it at dca and people were like. "Hey cool"...

    But It would be even funnier if you threw the golf ball at sombody when it whizzed by. Then they would be like, NOW THATS REALISM! (do it at WDW of coarse).
    Ahahaha, I was thinking the same thing. Huck it at someones face. Wow, painfull... maybe their arm would be a better choice.

  10. #10

    • Wonderful World
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    man im totally doin that
    I'm back MiceChat

  11. #11

    • Thurl,gone,not forgotten
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    431

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    There was a four way discussion on DLR on my train home tonight, and one gentlemen relayed what I think is an outstanding practical joke.

    The next time you're going to be going on Soarin', try to hide a golf ball in your pocket. When that scene comes up in Palm Beach over the golf course, reach into your pocket, and try to time raising your hand with the ball so that it looks as if you've caught the golf ball that went whizzing by your ear.

    Your fellow riders will undoubtedly be impressed.

    I've just got to try this next time!
    Palm Beach is in florida,the golf scene is PGA West in La Quinta,CA.Which is just 10 miles down the road from me.Just don't drop it,if it hits someone you might get sued.

  12. #12

    • Zero Blockout Dates
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    on the ocean within 20 minutes of DLR
    Posts
    1,569

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    ...but related in a way. We were on ToT last Monday and this kid got caught "Floating" a coin in the elevator. Literally letting a quarter lose from his hands while we were weightless for a second in front of the cameras apparently in hopes it would be caught by the cameras. He was warned by the CM not to do it before the ride even started. The CM grabbed change right off the kid's knee and told him "Thanks for the tip and don't you DARE float anything in my elevator or your day here is over."

    Now the kid was sitting behind me so I never actually saw him try his trick but the second that kid walked off the elevator he was pulled off by the CM who told him there was a picture of what he'd done and that the kid was off to see security. That if that coin had gotten loose in the ride it could have cause serious trouble or injury.

    I got the impression, loud and clear, that Disney isn't too keen on practical jokes or slight of hand on Attractions while they're in motion.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM


  13. #13

    • Drunk On Disney
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,359

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    ...but related in a way. We were on ToT last Monday and this kid got caught "Floating" a coin in the elevator. Literally letting a quarter lose from his hands while we were weightless for a second in front of the cameras apparently in hopes it would be caught by the cameras. He was warned by the CM not to do it before the ride even started. The CM grabbed change right off the kid's knee and told him "Thanks for the tip and don't you DARE float anything in my elevator or your day here is over."

    Now the kid was sitting behind me so I never actually saw him try his trick but the second that kid walked off the elevator he was pulled off by the CM who told him there was a picture of what he'd done and that the kid was off to see security. That if that coin had gotten loose in the ride it could have cause serious trouble or injury.

    I got the impression, loud and clear, that Disney isn't too keen on practical jokes or slight of hand on Attractions while they're in motion.
    I am stunned that they weren't more discreet about taking a child off to security.

    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

  14. #14

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,966

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    A golf ball being flung at someone would get you in trouble. The coin trick? That's kind of cruel. Shoulda stuck with pennies though, not a quarter =D

  15. #15

    • Zero Blockout Dates
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    on the ocean within 20 minutes of DLR
    Posts
    1,569

    Re: Having some fun on Soarin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    I am stunned that they weren't more discreet about taking a child off to security.
    He wasn't some 5 year old. The "Kid" was about 15 or 16, old enough to face the consequences of his actions. and it wasn't like the CM yelled "BUSTED you little <Insert invective of choice>!" as soon as the doors opened.

    The teen was in the last row AND in a group. They were first on and last off. The CM held the whole group as they came off.

    But the CM made it VERY clear before we even did the seat-belt check that he knew what this teen had in mind that the CM WOULD have him bounced if he let any coins loose in the ride during the ride. Which apparently the teen went ahead and did anyway. Want to be surprised at anyone be surprised at the adults in this group who didn't even bother to back up the CM on a safety issue that could have affected their own lives.

    I was actually kind of glad to see a CM handling what he felt was a dangerous situation in a VERY professional manner. He was never rude. But he clearly felt the teen had crossed the line and put other guests at risk.

    Go CM Eric, yanno.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Soarin over ca in 3d
    By pammypoo in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
  2. An Updated Soarin'? Soarin' Over America?
    By I. Queue in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 11:18 PM
  3. Soarin vs Soarin over california
    By DisneylandPlanner in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 06:16 PM
  4. Is soarin still in DCA?
    By Disney Wrassler in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-08-2005, 08:52 AM
  5. Soarin
    By xomegan06 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-10-2005, 06:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •