• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

6/20 PHOTO UPDATE: Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, more Pirates 2 set-up, and Club Buzz

Another photo update: let's get to it!

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!
    Both parks were pretty darn busy... on a Tuesday no less...

New signs and ropes have divided traffic into one-way lanes now throughout Adventureland and New Orleans Square.

The waterfront walkway in New Orleans Square is entirely closed off now because huge bleachers now take up most of the area.

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST
    PREMIERE SET-UP

BLUE BAYOU SOFT OPENS
    Blue Bayou is now going through soft-openings. We had already eaten at White Water Snacks before entering the parks so we went into the Bayou just to have dessert. They were out of the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat (which sounded delicious) so two of my party got the Creme Brulee trio and I just got a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

For the Pirates of the Caribbean promotion they've put in a treasure chest full of loot in the small lobby.

Sorry for the next few pictures... I had to adjust the levels and curves in these pictures heavily because the dim lighting in the restaruant just wouldnt turn out on my little digital camera.

Two chefs were enjoying a meal at the Bayou while we were there.

Creme Brulee trio:

CAFE ORLEANS and THE DISNEY GALLERY
    All construction walls around Cafe Orleans are down. It looks pretty nice, just wish it were open!

Since when is the Disney Gallery changing exhibits? Are we getting another Pirates exhibit? Or was this sign just out because they're preparing the gallery for something else and they were just using this sign because they had it? I don't know... Hmm..

SAILING SHIP COLUMBIA
    The Sailing Ship Columbia looks like it may be getting a make-over. Black sails! And theres black tape.. or something on the side..

CLUB BUZZ CONSTRUCTION
    And some shots of Club Buzz construction to wrap up with...

Well, that's it. Hope you enjoyed the update

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: 6/20 PHOTO UPDATE: Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, more Pirates 2 set-up, and Club Buzz

As always great, great pictures
    That creme brulee looks sooooooooo good.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Wonderful World

Re: 6/20 PHOTO UPDATE: Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, more Pirates 2 set-up, and Club Buzz

wow it is gettin really crowded. Thanx for the pics
    I'm back MiceChat

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

when will Club Buzz loose that LAME name and go back to TL Terrace?????
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• CM for 4 years!

How was the creme brulee? I'm dying to try it. Plus, it will be way cool to take that sugar treasure chest home, huh!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: 6/20 PHOTO UPDATE: Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, more Pirates 2 set-up, and Club Buz

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Another photo update: let's get to it!

Well, that's it. Hope you enjoyed the update
    totally enjoyed.
    THANKS!

Can't wait to see it all June 30-July 2nd!!
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Thanks for the update!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    How was the creme brulee? I'm dying to try it. Plus, it will be way cool to take that sugar treasure chest home, huh!
    I'm not a fan of creme brulee, but my friends loved the chocolate brulee and the passionfruit brulee. The vanilla (the largest portion) wasn't too much of a fan favorite though.

The sugar cookies that came in the sugar treasure chest were good though.

Be sure to get a box to take the treasure chest home with you in though... it's sugar so if it gets wet or too hot it can melt. It's best if you get the box they offer you to take it home in.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Why did they arrange that new Tomorrowland walkway area like that? Are they going to put seats in there or is that designed to put the Nemo line in when it extends out from the queue?

• Official Mice Chat person

Great update, I really enjoyed it.

• Senior Minion

Yumm Cream Brulee. Thanks MG.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.