• A Pirate's life for me!

Blue Bayou...Been there, done that!

Thanks to a very sweet and kind CM at the BB, we were able to "sneak" in and enjoy a wonderful lunch today. Just to clarify, (and possibly keep her out of any assumed trouble) it wasn't Melmel. Though we did get to say hi to her too.

We were enjoying the afternoon with Wolfy and Wolfette when the opportunity came up to grab a meal. Since W&W had just eaten, they reluctantly passed on our good fortune.

The food on the new menu was terrific! Between all of us, we had the Mahi-Mahi, the Prime Rib (huge and GREAT!), the new Jambalaya with crab legs and the kids had the new Prime Rib in kids size (still a good hunk of meat). Plus, the kids meals now come with fruit/veggies as an "appetizer". Nice touch.

Sad to say, no more Mardi-Gras salad or Chowder, but they do have a new "Wedge" salad which is now offered with each entree (as well as a choice of Gumbo). It was very good as well.

Excellent service (even better than before) and we were lucky enough to have Nancy as our server. We have been fortunate in the past to have been seated in her area, so we knew that we would be treated right.

We received a few souvenier menu's to take home and gave Wolfy one since she didn't get to enjoy the BB with us.

I took quite a few pix with my new digi, and Wolfy will help me post them shortly.

No real changes to the BB, other than the treasure chest in the lobby. Oh yeah, we did see the shooting star. It crosses the ceiling about every 10 seconds or so and also lets out a little noise.

The POTC boats were cruising by, but they were empty.

We finished lunch off with the Pirate Ship dessert. Took pix of that too. VERY yummy!

Pictures to follow...

• CM for 4 years!

Re: Blue Bayou...Been there, done that!

Nancy is freakin' awesome! She is the best server EVER. She was Sadako's server too.

Sorry if I was brief, I was very very flustered. I was being told by ten different people what it was I should tell guests who walk up and ask about the restaurant, and I was VERY flustered! I had to adjust what I said depending on what lead or manager was in the lobby with me.

After getting cussed out and yelled at all day, I was also very frustrated, aka EMOTIONAL.

I couldn't have left the park FASTER after my shift today :P
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Nancy is freakin' awesome! She is the best server EVER. She was Sadako's server too.
    And you didn't even say hi? Are you stalking me?

But yes, Nancy rocked so much. She was always smiling with a very giddy and chipper attitude that you couldn't help but feel like you were being really well taken care of. I think at one point I didn't even realize I was almost done with my Mint Julip qnd suddenly there was another full glass right there in front of me.

The service and the ambience are the two things about that place that don't dissapoint. I wish I could say the same about the food itself.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• CM for 4 years!

Maybe I'm such a big fan of the food because I got to try it for free! :P

(On that note... don't order the Beef Short Ribs... they reminded me of dog food and they were so salty that on my new diet, my body basically rejected it, and I was sick the whole night)

I didn't know what to say. I don't like to approach strangers. Plus, I was the only setter.

You were talking about me while you ate, Sadako. ._.;;
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    You were talking about me while you ate, Sadako. ._.;;
    I was? I wonder what I was saying.

How can people not know I'm a MC'er when I'm such a loudmouth? I think I called myself the scourge of DL while I continously took flash pictures inside the restaurant. >_<;;;

I think I might have confused you with another Melisa (With one S?)...

You should say hi next time, I'm really friendly and nice and love talking to people (As if you couldn't tell already). XD
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

We were sitting right next to you and didn't even know it!

We saw pix of ourselves in your thread about the BB.

Too funny!!!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    And you didn't even say hi? Are you stalking me?

But yes, Nancy rocked so much. She was always smiling with a very giddy and chipper attitude that you couldn't help but feel like you were being really well taken care of. I think at one point I didn't even realize I was almost done with my Mint Julip qnd suddenly there was another full glass right there in front of me.

The service and the ambience are the two things about that place that don't dissapoint. I wish I could say the same about the food itself.
    Melmel has said in the past that there have been several Melissas working the Bayou recently...I knew a couple in my days there, but it has been 24 years since I left...not the same ones...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Melmel, beef short ribs are NO good no matter where you eat them. We BBQd some tonight, and I can still taste them (ueeeyucky). Please post the pics of the menu. I always liked the stuffed chicken with fusilli pasta. That was the bomb. I can't wait to eat there next time.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Ah, good to hear a positive review

Even better to hear that the shooting star is back! Yay!

When you're being served by Nancy, it's tough to give anything but a + review.

She's soooooo sweet! (and very GENUINE about it)