Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bad Guest at First Aid

Just wanted to share my thoughts about the staff at the First Aid office at the end of Main Street (and also vent about an inconsiderate guest sharing that space with me).

I was hit with a major bout of the stomach flu on that day, only I didn't know it. I was suffering only from the most debilitating cramps I've ever experienced in my life in my upper abdomen area (TMI, perhaps, but for those of you who ever experience cramping in that area, it most likely is the stomach flu). I struggled my way over the the First Aid office, and the staff there were very nice and accomodating. They offered me Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, and a cot to lie down for as long as I liked; they were very understanding and humorous.

While I was napping, the majority of other guests in the area were very quiet and respectful; no one made much noise, other than what was necessary (quiet conversation, questions for the staff). Then, two hours later, I was the only one passed out on one of the cots, when I hear banging noises, keys jangling, and someone stomping back and forth. Then, I was unpleasantly awakened by a woman YELLING and SWEARING at the staff.

Apparently, she decided she didn't feel well and went to the first aid office without telling anyone in her group and expected the staff to find her group for her. The staff, in a very reasonable tone, told her that she was an adult, and her group was full of adults, and they weren't responsible for her losing them.

THEN she proceeds to say the following:

"This park is a f-ing joke. Can't even do a f-ing decent job without yelling at them. Can't even locate an adult for me."

And she stomps out of there.

Now, correct me if I'm mistaken, but shouldn't an adult be smart enough to tell her group that she doesn't feel well before leaving them? I told my family where I was going to be, and I was about to collapse from sheer pain and dizziness. Why the HELL did she feel she had the right to yell at these perfectly nice CMs because of her stupidity? And what made her think it was okay to disturb other guests, who obviously weren't feeling well, just because she couldn't stay quiet?!?! The CMs were wonderful. They were still nice and unruffled by the rude guest when I checked out of there.

I DESPISE rude and stupid people. Sorry for the long post.

• My prices are INSANE!

Re: Bad Guest at First Aid

Maybe she required to be on a leash.
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Yeah, some people just check their brain at the front gates, I dunno, people are crazy nowadays! I think they might be taking the "I'm not in the real world any more; I'm in this magical place" thing just a teensy too far -- thinking that Disneyland is a controlled marvel of not just wonderful narratives and themed experiences, but of their very personhood! Gosh, just like these folks that want to sue God and the whole world whenever they stub their toe and then blame everyone except themselves for not looking where they're going! Kudos to the CMs that kept their composure, and shame on that guest!

Very possible that this woman is one of the millions of people who suffer from Mental illness.

• Ian The Fox

Some people who come to Disneyland are so rude, it makes me sick. I've seen cast members chewed out for doing a perfectly fine job. I've heard CMs being yelled at for poor weather!!! It's so ridiculous the junk that people come up with these days.
    Woof!

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Quote Originally Posted by writerevie
    Why the HELL did she feel she had the right to yell at these perfectly nice CMs because of her stupidity?
    My guess is because she's... oh, I don't know... stupid?

And I agree, the CMs in first aid are wonderful.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Re: Bad Guest at First Aid

OK... better question --- how are you feeling?

• Regular Newbie :)

I didn't even know that the first aid was that accommodating... that's pretty cool.

• Circle of Ancients

Agreed. The first aid staff deserves a ... and a

• Minion

If I were there I would have stepped in. I know the CM's are powerless to respond back to her verbal attack but we, as a fellow guest, are not. Next time you see such a scene.....help out the CM by saying something to that guest.

While I was working one day in the Indy que I was verbally attacked by some woman who was upset because her kid wasn't tall enough to ride. I had tried to explain several times before being interrupted after only a word or two why the height requirement was necessary when a guest that was witnessing this scene stepped in and said "Hey, the rule is the kid has to be a certain height to go on the ride. If you don't ike it you can get the !@#$ out.". The woman was stunned into temporary silence but before she uttered another word she realized that she was being stared at by most people in the general area. I think that was when she realized what an *** she was being and left the line. Sometimes people will go off on a CM not realizing that other people are around.

All it takes is for a guest to step up and do what a CM can't do.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

That's the type of person who really isn't feeling as terrible as they say they are-they just want attention. The CMs responded quite well, I applaud them.

I hope you're feeling better. I've always found the staff at First Aid to be quite nice and helpful.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Gee, different folks react different ways when they feel bad. You sleep, maybe the other woman is just a grumpy bear when she's sick. I know people who are like that. Nice of you to show a little empathy for her situation.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Monorail Racer

Feeling bad doesn't excuse rude behavior like that. Swearing and yelling? There's no reason to treat the CMs or anybody else like that. In my days as a CM, there were people who were grumpy for a reason and didn't mean to be, and then there were the people who were just jerks and couldn't show the slightest courtesy to anybody around them.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    Feeling bad doesn't excuse rude behavior like that. Swearing and yelling? There's no reason to treat the CMs or anybody else like that. In my days as a CM, there were people who were grumpy for a reason and didn't mean to be, and then there were the people who were just jerks and couldn't show the slightest courtesy to anybody around them.

Sorry but these days almost NOBODY (INCLUDING Most CMs) at TDR offers the slightest bit of courtesy to those around them. From the "ticket takers" at the gates who don't even bother to acknowledge you let alone wish you a good day to the stroller people who run you down trying to get to where ever with their 8 year old in a stroller. The politest people I run across at TDR are older folks, foriegn visitors and gay couples. The majority of the rest of us are wolves, jackals or hyenas as far as cutting in line, being pushy, ruining an attraction with rude innapropriate behavior, flash photgraphy or stupidity that get's a ride stopped.

Cussing? I'd rather not hear it, defiantly not at Disneyland but I do...all day, every day I go.

Sometimes, some people act rudely when they don't feel good. It ain't pretty but any health care professional will tell you it's the truth. It's just funny/sad to see so many folks show zero empathy for someone who could have been as sick and ill as the OP.

Oh well, let's look at the bright side of this thread. At least the woman wasn't wearing an AP on a lanyard while she was being sick and irritable.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    If I were there I would have stepped in. I know the CM's are powerless to respond back to her verbal attack but we, as a fellow guest, are not. Next time you see such a scene.....help out the CM by saying something to that guest.

While I was working one day in the Indy que I was verbally attacked by some woman who was upset because her kid wasn't tall enough to ride. I had tried to explain several times before being interrupted after only a word or two why the height requirement was necessary when a guest that was witnessing this scene stepped in and said "Hey, the rule is the kid has to be a certain height to go on the ride. If you don't ike it you can get the !@#$ out.". The woman was stunned into temporary silence but before she uttered another word she realized that she was being stared at by most people in the general area. I think that was when she realized what an *** she was being and left the line. Sometimes people will go off on a CM not realizing that other people are around.

All it takes is for a guest to step up and do what a CM can't do.
    So, rude, foul mouth guests cussing in front of children not tall enough to ride an attraction are ok if/as long as they'll act as disgruntled CMs proxies?
    Now THAT'S funny.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast