Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Question Jiminy Cricket at Disneyland?

I am a huge fan of Jiminy Cricket. I would love to actually see him. I have seen both Gepetto and Pinnochio, but not Jiminy. I would love to have his autograph and a picture with him.

I know that he makes rare appearances at WDW. I have never seen him there either. I am hoping that maybe he will appear, when I am at WDW in June.

I am coming to Disneyland for their anniversary.

My question is this: Has anyone ever seen Jiminy Cricket (walking around at Disneyland posing for pictures and/or giving autographs)?

I have read information of the new parade for the 50th anniversary. Sounds like Jiminy may be on one of the floats. That would be really cool.

My wish is to see Jiminy and get his autograph and have my picture taken with him. What are the odds of this happening? Can you inquire at City Hall about characters? Do Cast members have any inside information about a character's whearabouts? Sometimes at WDW, you can locate a character this way. I have been told this, but actually never have done it, but might ask on my upcoming trip.

I don't want to spend my vacation chasing for Jiminy, but it sure would be nice knowing that he is out there, and that I might see him

So has anyone ever seen Jiminy at Disneyland and gotten his autograph, or his picture? Thanks for any, and all replies.

• Defeats the Huns

Though I have never seen Jiminy in the streets, I also hear that he's been out there.
    And I can confirm for you that Jiminy Cricket WILL be on the Pinocchio float in Parade of Dreams.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the speedy reply. When it comes to Jiminy, I am like a little kid. On my first trip to WDW, I saw him on the last float in the nightime parade, and I jumped up and down all excited. It made my vacation, and is my best memory at any Disney vacation. I especially like hearing his narration on Wishes. I look forward to the Pinnochio attraction, and seeing him at the parade. Thanks again.

• Minion

I met Jiminy's "daddy", Disney animator Ward Kimball, once, back around 1979. It was a little public appearance and a presentation of some of Ward's films at Cal State Fullerton, along with a question/answer session. I remember when he was asked about Jiminy Cricket, and, in a wry, tongue-in-cheek manner, he replied "I hated the little b**tard!" He was referring to how difficult it was to actually draw Jiminy Cricket. Apparently it was a real pain. That was a fun night - I especially remembered a film of Ward's (not a Disney film) that he showed that was from around 1964, called "Escalation", which was very politically oriented. That was one of the drop-dead funniest animated shorts I have ever seen - all of us in the audience were on the floor with laughter, wiping away tears. I always felt bad that I've never seen it anywhere else since.
    My fondest memory of Walt Disney was the day Disneyland opened....I was standing next to him - I was 12 years old - he was looking at the gate where people were coming through, he had his hands behind his back, he had a grin from ear to ear, but you could see the lump in his throat and the tear coming down his cheek because his dream had been realized. -- Mouseketeer Sharon Baird, "Mouseke-Memories", Walt Disney Treasures: The Mickey Mouse Club

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the insight. I probably should read more on the background behind Disneyland, and characters such as Jiminy, who have been around longer than I have.

I have always liked Jiminy, since Mickey Mouse Club days, and I'm No Fool.

Thanks again.

• Rawr...

As I understand, the Disneyland crew is pulling out most, if not all of the older/ less used costumes for te 50th. I myself am gunnin' for the Brer's.
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Minion

I haven't seen him but he's on the postcard with all the other Pinocchio costumes, so he exists.

• Gay Man

I have only seen Jiminey on Parade floats and never walking around. But, it seems that on May 5th, they will be having ALL their characters out and about. Jiminey would be very cool to see - but I want my piggies.

• Master of Disaster

wouldnt it be cool if they could figure out some way to have like a midgit get launched into the air dressed as jiminey during the fireworks and float down by umbrella or something of the like!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Jiminy is the symbol of Disney's "environmentality". He is a tree hugging cricket. He wears Birkenstocks, shops at Wild Oats, loves Eric Clapton, and drives a Prius. He is currently in a rehab clinic for depression following last years election. We wish you well Jiminy.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    If Tinkerbell can fly, why can't Jiminy do the umbrella bit? Sure would be a neat stunt in my book. Why does it have to be a miget? Mickey is a mouse. Mice are small. Yet Mickey mouse, is all over the parks, as big as the average person. Jiminy could be any size. I was just hoping to see him on my up and coming trip to Disneyland. A gal can dream.

• Minion

Interestingly, (and slightly off-topic) Mary Poppins once flew down from the Matterhorn, but she was canned for fear boys would be looking up her dress.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Can you inquire at City Hall about characters? Do Cast members have any inside information about a character's whearabouts? Sometimes at WDW, you can locate a character this way. I have been told this, but actually never have done it, but might ask on my upcoming trip.
    Yes, you can ask a City Hall. When I did, though, she told me to ask the Toon Finder, which is a person at the end of Main Street by the ride board. He'll call the character's personal assistant and let you know when/where the character will be out an about I believe that you can also ask at the info booth on the main entry plaza
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Minion

Hey Barbaraann...I'm going to be in WDW in June too. I live in Milwaukee. After many, many trips to Disneyland(I just moved here from Sacramento in June)I'll be going to WDW. I've seen Jiminy very few times at DLR. I'd love to see him at WDW. Maybe we can meetup and say hi. Not sure though...I'm going to be there only 3 days.

• wasting time

I've seen Jiminy Cricket walking around Euro Disneyland's Main Street USA but never anywhere else in any other Disneyland park in the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast