Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the park?

Ask to ride in the cab with the Monorail Driver or if you have kids, ask if they can visit the Mark Twain wheel house and "pilot" the ship around the Rivers of America.
    We did both on our trip last year and it's something none of us(especially the kids) will forget.
    "I'll be in my bunk...."

• Banned User

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the park?

Quote Originally Posted by hoppypooh
    Breathe and be spontaneous.

I totally over-planned and over-scheduled our trip. I accounted for practically every minute and when things went wrong and we got off-plan, I couldn't handle it. 2 days into the trip, I wound up bawling my eyes out in Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. We had a good trip but it was a little spoiled by my overzealousness. I won't make that mistake again for our 2nd trip this September!
    I did the same thing 3 years ago ( my first trip ever) and it was misreble and I also cried. it was hot, the kids were tired, we did not know any hints or secrets , it stunk!

• Banned User

Don;t drink the fountain water!! I saw some women washing her kids face and hands in the fountain

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the park?

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    Don;t drink the fountain water!! I saw some women washing her kids face and hands in the fountain
    Oh my Mickey! That's sooo gross! Yuck! Bottled water all the way!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Basking in birthday love

The biggest piece of advice I usually give is that the second Fantasmic is always, always, always less crowded. It will eternally mystify me that people will wait for several hours for the 9:00 show when they could walk up twenty minutes before the 10:30 show and find perfectly decent seats.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    The biggest piece of advice I usually give is that the second Fantasmic is always, always, always less crowded. It will eternally mystify me that people will wait for several hours for the 9:00 show when they could walk up twenty minutes before the 10:30 show and find perfectly decent seats.
    okay but i'm going on a weekend time frame in July and I'm planning on seeing a 10:30 showing of Fantasmic either Friday or Saturday night. This is after DCA Electrical Parade is over, Remember Fireworks is over, the 1st Fantasmic is over, I mean what else is there, every other show is no longer performing and the Fantasmic 10:30 showing is all that's left for both parks!

I can't imagine the 10:30 isn't busy on a Friday or Saturday night in a July weekend! Am I wrong about this?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Smile Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the p

I tend to, while at the park, give advice too.
    I kinda chime in, if they proceed to ask a question..then I'll give more.
    If I get a "who are you look" then I stop.
    I'll give eating recommendations.
    I'll give directions when people are lost.
    I'll tell people bathroom areas or where all the ATM's are (3 INSIDE the park...unless one was added lately).
    I just try to be helpful to those who need it. Part of the magic is helping out others people.
    I usually get..."Do you work here"? I say no, I live in AZ, but I visit regularly.

The most fun though is giving park history while in line.

And yes, to get center front for Fantasmic, you must get there 3 hours in advance (just don't lie down until the CM's start roping off the area...people WILL step on you. I haven't understood why people think it's ok to step on people blankets or worse yet, hands while people are waiting).
    Stuff a backpack w/ a blanket so you can sit down for Fantasmic and the Fireworks.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the p

this is very true...but you fight the crowds to get there. I see Fantasmic and leave the area until all is over.
    The traffic is just crazy after 1st performance.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• /sigh

Eat a churro with your back to the wind.
    Stick your tounge out and squint your eye while on BLAP. You'll thank me.
    Ask for a cherry with your dole whip.
    Try the chicken fussili pasta at R2P2. You'll be hooked.
    Sit under the Hungry Bear and watch the canoes pass by.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the p

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Sit under the Hungry Bear and watch the canoes pass by.
    Nice one!
    Another reason why I suggest Hungry Bear to people.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Stick your tounge out and squint your eye while on BLAP. You'll thank me.
    Oooh! I have a picture of you doing this. Cuz, be very thankful I'm at work instead of home right now...

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    Oooh! I have a picture of you doing this. Cuz, be very thankful I'm at work instead of home right now...
    Eep! You take churro donations, right?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Neep meep beep

I'm new here (my Annual Pass is two months old next week - woo hoo!), but I found the Unofficial Guide to Disneyland very helpful, and no, that's not a plug. RideMax was also helpful in learning how best to make use of your time and see what you want to see when you're at the park.

And of course, MiceChat. You can't imagine how many friends I've met here so far, and more importantly to this thread, how helpful certain people have been in offering information, reviews, reports, and advice (even trivia), that really have enhanced my enjoyment of Disneyland and California Adventure.

• Defying gravity

That's so true. I always position myself near the River Belle door when the 9:00 show is ending. Then, as soon as they let you in, RUN TO GRAB THE FRONT ROW TABLE. Then you only wait less than an hour.

• Just Me

Get to the parks before opening.

Do as much as you can before 11 AM (especially FL with kids).

The FP doesn't expire "secret".

Look up, there's lots of things to see in the windows and on top of roofs.

The party line phones in the Market House.

Keep your ears open in NOS and on Main Street, there are funny little "soundtracks" playing (the guy singing in shower, the voodoo lady, etc.).

Many people who consider themselves DLR veterans have never known about these things.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast