Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the p

Quote Originally Posted by Jolie
    Get to the parks before opening.

Do as much as you can before 11 AM (especially FL with kids).

The FP doesn't expire "secret".

Look up, there's lots of things to see in the windows and on top of roofs.

The party line phones in the Market House.

Keep your ears open in NOS and on Main Street, there are funny little "soundtracks" playing (the guy singing in shower, the voodoo lady, etc.).

Many people who consider themselves DLR veterans have never known about these things.
    Shame on those veterans.
    There are so many things to do at DL besides rides. So many little things that bring more "magic" and realism to the "themed" lands
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the park?

My fair husband's favorite "secret" is the single rider pass at Splash Mountain. He likes not waiting in line in the sun for hours and getting on in just minutes.

My favorite place is the antique jewelry shop (not really a secret, but they have gorgeous jewelry and not many people know about it)

My favorite thing to do is to just stop and listen to the bands when it's a crowded day. The Side Street Strutters are very talented guys.

And like you guys mentioned before the fastpass expiration thing is mighty handy to know.

If you're going to stake out a spot for the fireworks or parades it is so handy to have a blanket, especially if you're reserving spaces for friends running around the park to get food at various places. I find that when I don't have a blanket people crowd you and "your space" so much faster.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the p

Quote Originally Posted by brigeet

If you're going to stake out a spot for the fireworks or parades it is so handy to have a blanket, especially if you're reserving spaces for friends running around the park to get food at various places. I find that when I don't have a blanket people crowd you and "your space" so much faster.
    Why do think I bring a blanket?
    But still, if they see you alone on a blaket, certain guests will sit themselves right on the edge of your blanket...I've even had people kind push the blanket in.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Question Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the park?

Quote Originally Posted by brigeet
    My fair husband's favorite "secret" is the single rider pass at Splash Mountain. He likes not waiting in line in the sun for hours and getting on in just minutes
    How do I get the "single rider pass" for Splash Mountain. The people I'm going with have already stated they do not want to go on because of the drop. Please reveal how I can get one!??!? Pleassse! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    How do I get the "single rider pass" for Splash Mountain. The people I'm going with have already stated they do not want to go on because of the drop. Please reveal how I can get one!??!? Pleassse! ;o)
    do we be nice (like we all are)
    and expose the "secret" so the line gets longer on single (that I never use)
    or we do a private message....Hmmmm
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• Neep meep beep

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the park?

It's really easy. Go in the exit (you'll see a sign that says "single rider entrance"), and when you get up to the logs, a Cast Member will direct you from there. Often, even on busy days, you'll get on the ride in a minute.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    It's really easy. Go in the exit (you'll see a sign that says "single rider entrance"), and when you get up to the logs, a Cast Member will direct you from there. Often, even on busy days, you'll get on the ride in a minute.
    They are pretty good.
    You might have to wait w/ those who have wheelchairs
    but it isn't too bad.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    To quote Britney Spears describing her marriage... "awesome"
    Micoofy Duck

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Ok --- I got it....

If you are staying at the Fairfield Inn, goet yourself a nice drink (for us it was Irish cream over ice), go down to the pool (Don't advertise your drink --- have just enough to feel shinny and new) then you can see 90% of the fireworks from inside the warm pool while sucking back your drink. You don't hear the music, or see low castle things but see everything else. and you miss 30,000 people all running to the exits.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Well I'm staying at the Grand Californian Hotel... wish they had a roof pool to view the show! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    Well I'm staying at the Grand Californian Hotel... wish they had a roof pool to view the show! ;o)

Nice hotel.

Went for the 50th.

No discounts then.
    We paid $460.00 a night.

My advice.
    Stay at GCH after summer and not doing the 50th.
    Maybe you'll get a little less off the price.

but it is a nice hotel.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

My two big moments of "helping" on my last trip made me feel all warm and fuzzy. A family with a lot of kids under 6 were waiting in a very long line at the ATM by the Bank. They looked frazzled as all heck and the park had only been open for about an hour!! I smiled at the mom and let her know that she could go into most any store along main street and use her debit card to purchase Disney Dollars and have no waiting and no ATM fees. She thanked me and then later I saw them and the hubby thanked me!!

The second one was given multiple times -- you don't have to buy the potato body at the Mr. Potato Head bar in DCA. Stuff that box full of Disney things and then go home and to to Target or Wal Mart or whatever (goodwill even!) and get a body there!!

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

What the heck is a potato head bar? Mr. Potato head... with Disney stuff??? Sweet! Any price guidelines? thanks!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    I find the one-time type visitors usually aren't aware of some of the rides that are busy all day long, but suddenly become near-walk-on in the evenings. People always love a tip that will get them on rides much quicker later in the evenings.
    Ok, what rides would that be?

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey
    My two big moments of "helping" on my last trip made me feel all warm and fuzzy. A family with a lot of kids under 6 were waiting in a very long line at the ATM by the Bank. They looked frazzled as all heck and the park had only been open for about an hour!! I smiled at the mom and let her know that she could go into most any store along main street and use her debit card to purchase Disney Dollars and have no waiting and no ATM fees. She thanked me and then later I saw them and the hubby thanked me!!

The second one was given multiple times -- you don't have to buy the potato body at the Mr. Potato Head bar in DCA. Stuff that box full of Disney things and then go home and to to Target or Wal Mart or whatever (goodwill even!) and get a body there!!
    Both are excellent tips! I will pass along the Potato Head one!

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast