Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the park?

Whenever I'm in line over at WDW and I overhear someone talking about what they're going to do next or what they think they should do, I kinda like to chime in "uninvited" and give them my advice since I've somewhat of a self proclaimed WDW expert.

I of course always ask first if they don't mind me giving them advice based on the information or questions they are exchanging between each other that I just happen to overhear. But I can take a hint if they are giving off a rude vibe and dismiss me because they just don't want to talk to me for whatever reason.

But anyways, there are incidents where people meet because of this and great Disney theme park information is exchanged and I was wondering what kind of information has been exchanged between you and a Disneyland/DCA resort guest.

Any tips someone has passed onto you that you continue to use to this day that you'd like to share with the rest of the class? Any tips you love giving out to any Disneyland/DCA resort guest?

It could be about anything, food, rides, themed areas, etc.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Regular Newbie :)

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the park?

I think I'm probably a big supporter of the Fast Pass... I'm even the kind of person who will hand off my fast passes to someone in line on my way out of the park

• Regular Newbie :)

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the park?

I think one tip I've gotten from my grandparents was "Go to the Tortilla factory!!" Oh, and I was pretty excited to find out there is a full bar in DCA...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Keep your hands and arms inside while the ride is in motion.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Monorail Racer

I find the one-time type visitors usually aren't aware of some of the rides that are busy all day long, but suddenly become near-walk-on in the evenings. People always love a tip that will get them on rides much quicker later in the evenings.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Defying gravity

When I was waiting to get into the park on July 17, 2005, some people clued me into the fact that you can use FPs after the time printed - I was clueless until then!

• Banned User

I told someone the fastpass secret before.

• Oh bother!

Breathe and be spontaneous.

I totally over-planned and over-scheduled our trip. I accounted for practically every minute and when things went wrong and we got off-plan, I couldn't handle it. 2 days into the trip, I wound up bawling my eyes out in Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. We had a good trip but it was a little spoiled by my overzealousness. I won't make that mistake again for our 2nd trip this September!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Senior Minion

Re: What's the best piece of DL/DCA advice that you've given or gotten while in the p

Advice i've given: (and a falsehood or two i've told little kids in line)
    1. If you let it, the fastpass can be your new friend.
    2. Wear good walking shoes and bring band-aids with you just in case.
    3. If you want a decent view of fantasmic, you must get there a few hours in advance to keep your spot, same goes with the fireworks (usually)
    4. Wear sunscreen in the summer, you will need it (my best friend ignored that advice and was red as a lobster after day 1)
    5. Do not go on the teacups if you get sick from spinning.
    6. With almost every ride, the best experience is in the last seat in the last car, you get more airtime and it goes faster it seems.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Hooterville, USA

Enjoy the park, not just the rides.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I can't think of any good advice I've recieved. I already know sort of thing. I've been tanted I guess... But I'm always the one to tell people to ride the Haunted Mansion first thing. It's so cool to ride in the Streching Gallery all by your onesy!... Savy?

My in-laws cued me in on a great Fantasmic secret:

If you want to watch Fantismic, but don't want to stake out a place really early, you can show up right before showtime to a landing right out in front of the French Market in New Orleans Square. There is never anyone there and the view is very good; a little off to the side, but never crowded. Plus, you're standing above the heads of everyone watching in front of you, so you don't have to worry about not being able to see any of the action!
    Quinn Roberts | quinnandannie.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnR14
    My in-laws cued me in on a great Fantasmic secret:

If you want to watch Fantismic, but don't want to stake out a place really early, you can show up right before showtime to a landing right out in front of the French Market in New Orleans Square. There is never anyone there and the view is very good; a little off to the side, but never crowded. Plus, you're standing above the heads of everyone watching in front of you, so you don't have to worry about not being able to see any of the action!

Now you told us, there are going be a lot of MC's there

Last edited by QuinnR14; 06-22-2006 at 12:15 PM.

Now you told us, there are going be a lot of MC's there
    Oh yeah...I take the back!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast