• Do you think I'm... odd?

Question for TALL people

I have a friend who is concerned about coming to the DLR because he is VERY tall and has experienced problems before with attractions. The lap bar won't fit down properly, hitting his head on the top of the Doombuggy... that sort of thing. He actually had a CM on Big Thunder once tell him that he couldn't ride because he was so tall, and I KNOW I've seen really tall people ride before. And I know I've seen very very tall people ride other attractions before, and I didn't really notice any problems... Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing? Or maybe was the CM for that day for that particular attraction just being mean? Because I know there are height restrictions for being too short... but too tall??
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• e komo mai

Re: Question for TALL people

My friend who is 6'8" had to ride Space Mountain by himself. They put him in the very back of a train and put one lap bar over each of his legs. He said it was very uncomfortable...

• Circle of Ancients

I'm not THAT tall (6'1") but I even find some rides hard to fit into.

The best thing is to cross your feet at the ankles and (if possible) ask for the front of the car or train on rides like Space Mtn, Screamin' or Mullholland Madness. They have more leg room than the other rows.

How tall is your friend? The only rides I can see there being a major problem with would be the Fantasyland rides, Big Thunder and possibly Indy. On Tower get the back row and have him sit in the middle seat where there is no seat in front of him.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I've often wondered this myself. I'm pretty short, and even MY knees hit the back of the seat on Thunder and Space!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

My husband is only 6 feet tall and even he complains that there isn't enough leg-room for him to comfortably sit on a lot of the rides. I think the problem is that he has very long legs-- we are unable to share a go-coaster car because he needs the entire car so he can sit sideways. So yeah, height can be a problem.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

At 6'3, I feel like I'm just able to fit on Space, Thunder, and Screamin. IASW and Pirates are also a bit uncomfortable. I can't imagine how you do it if you are approaching 7 feet. I know Kobe was in the park a couple times during the past month, and it would be interesting to find out how he fits on some of these. Any CM's have some NBA stars in the park stories?

• Incognito

Blog Entries

We saw a REALLY tall guy Sunday, I mean at least 7' tall and kinda Lurch-like, waiting in line for Matterhorn. Then we saw him at BTMRR, so I am guessing he had no problems with CM's saying no you cant ride.

My ex is 6'6" and around 280 and he rides the rides, but yes, it is kinda cramped for him.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Being at around 6'4" Myself the only ride that seems to give me a problem is autopia and sometimes the haunted mansion. Cant fit into little autopia cars anymore, had to drive with my knees last time

• "Always On The Move..."

I've had friends who went to Disneyland with Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) and apparently he didn't have any problem's) (Even though my friends made the comment that they thought he was going to be decapitated on the Matterhorn!)

I belive Peter is around 7'2".

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6