Electrical Parade and Fantasmic in one night?

Can this be done? Would we be able to see the parade and Fantasmic if the parade starts at 8:45 and Fantamic starts at 10:30? Is that pushing it too much?

Thanks

• A New Kind Of Villain

Re: Electrical Parade and Fantasmic in one night?

Quote Originally Posted by jag_girl
    Can this be done? Would we be able to see the parade and Fantasmic if the parade starts at 8:45 and Fantamic starts at 10:30? Is that pushing it too much?

Thanks
    You have to take into account that at DCA closing, everyone mass exodus' over to Disneyland. It can take you 30-45 minutes just to get into DL at DCA closing. That's why I try never to get to DL at the time DCA closes. It's a nightmare.

However if you do make it over, you could see Fantasmic, as long as you're tall or don't mind standing on your tippy toes. By the time you get to the Rivers Of America it'll be near show time and the viewing areas will already be crowded.

I got into the Fantasmic viewing area last second a few weeks ago and was able to see the show with an ok view, but then again, I'm 6'0'' and was standing on my tippy toes and shifting to the sides to see different things.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Thanks for the info! I guess we won't try that!

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by jag_girl
    Thanks for the info! I guess we won't try that!
    No problem. ^_^

There's a reason some of us call DCA the overflow park. It keeps the crowds in DL smaller during the day, but then once it closes, they all stampede DL making the night crowds sometimes much worse than the day ones. Especially on fridays and saturdays.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Shubisha

You shouldn't have any problem. Watch electrical parade, make your way into Disneyland during the fireworks. Try try try to get up to the hub at least before the fireworks end because as hard as it is to get through the crowd in the dark, it'll be a lot harder when they're all herding down main street to get out of there.

Then at that point it becomes getting to fantasmic post-fireworks (business as usual for me heh) =D

• Basking in birthday love

Just keep in mind that you won't be able to go directly to Fantasmic if you come into Disneyland during the fireworks. Starting sometime between 8:45 and 9:00, the entire park runs one-way, counterclockwise traffic. That means that if you want to get anywhere on the west side, you'll have to head around the hub past Tomorrowland and the castle and into Frontierland. Yes, it's kind of a pain, but things go faster if people aren't fighting to get past each other with two-way traffic, and the park's really not that big. If you know how it works, you won't waste time going the other way.

Taking the train from Main Street to NOS is an option, but it's also a gamble, because the trains don't run if the wind's blowing the wrong way (since that makes the tracks a fallout zone).

Speaking from experience, I've done EP from beside Golden Dreams, then rushed through Golden State and beaten the parade to Sunshine Plaza, hauled butt across the esplanade to beat the crowds, grabbed a spot for the fireworks at the train station, then taken the train to NOS for Fantasmic. I was WIPED afterwards, but it is physically possible.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• 'splosions

keep in mind that the EP starts at 8:45 at the Pier, not at the front

• Shubisha

post-fireworks, traffic is not on way though. you can go into frontierland from the hub, and out of adventureland to the hub. they herd everyone up by the mark twain entrance to clear people out from the last fantasmic showing, but 10 minutes after fireworks or so they drop the rope on that and everyone goes to get a spot for the next fantasmic

• Neep meep beep

I've done this also, but since you're talking about Fantasmic, and not the fireworks, your job is easier if you see the 10:30 p.m. Fantasmic. Make sure you see the Electric Light Parade at the beginning of the route, then go in breaks between floats out the exit of DCA, and across via train or foot to New Orleans Square, and you should be just fine. Since the parade ends at the beginning at 9:00 p.m., that gives you 90 minutes to take care of getting over and setting up for Fantasmic!

• Shubisha

that's what she is talking about. the 10:30 fantasmic. piece of cake =D
    Last edited by almandot; 06-22-2006 at 04:23 PM.

• Banned User

Well if Disney would close DCA at around the time Disneyland closes (it is so obvious they want guests to go into DL and then after the fireworks go through the shops - err), then yes, it could be quite possible.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    post-fireworks, traffic is not on way though. you can go into frontierland from the hub, and out of adventureland to the hub. they herd everyone up by the mark twain entrance to clear people out from the last fantasmic showing, but 10 minutes after fireworks or so they drop the rope on that and everyone goes to get a spot for the next fantasmic
    Not quite. Hub to Frontierland to Adventureland back to Hub is the regular pattern of one-way traffic. Because of the tremendous outflow after the fireworks, it's still necessary to force people to the right-hand sidewalk and up toward Tomorrowland to get into the park, because trying to cross that giant river of people would be extremely difficult and would cause insane gridlock. The guest control people are usually out until 10-15 minutes after the end of the fireworks.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I was at Disneyland for the Anniversary, I did what I refer to as the Disney Triple.

Electrical Parade
    Fireworks
    Fantasmic.

Crowded, Hectic and a whole lot of fun!