Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    I think if overseas visitors come to the UNITED STATES on their visit, and want to see that Americanest place of pure 50s Americana -- they will go to Disneyland. And while there, I dont think they'll mind an AMERICAN park as long as it is about as loosely themed as DCA's California theme is working now.

I see a small handful of historical/patriotic attractions added to the mix and then ultimately its a theme park competing in 2005's marketplace, so like it or not it will continue to bring in clones of off the shelf attractions that bring in guests.

Until the park is at least as popular as Disney MGM or EPCOT, I think DCA needs to continue building... I don't really see it as good money going after bad, they need to stabilize the park and make it a destination in its own right. Its not even well known in Los Angeles, those who've been mostly have negative opinions of it, and most people only go there as a free twofer ticket or because it's included with the Disneyland passport. Not optional, included. So right now people go there thinking "why not, its free". It's got to be sucking all of Disneyland's profits dry.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Maybe they need to convene a "vatican council" type of meeting, with WDI and the resorts and parks chiefs.

Discuss what is stagnating, what is expensive and not cost productive, and what the real direction should be for the future of the theme parks.

Re inventing DCA could be the main focus of the meeting but they could discuss what they could work on jointly, to share development costs and create products for all the parks that really suit their needs.

OR NOT. just a thought.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Clearly attendance at DCA has to be Parks and Resorts Chief's main headache. They are going to have to reinvest even more money to turn the park around. It is the weakest link and unfortunately they can't solve the problem with that British woman Ann Robinson, who could just say "goodbye."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uno
    There is a new ride in there called the "Goldenstate Adventure" simaler to its american counterpart this is hosted by three people who did alot for California. . John Muir, Arnold Schwartzeneger, and Ronald Regan. This 28 minute specatcular features many animatronics and is a not to be missed DCA attraction.
    I almost lost my lunch here...are you kidding?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I think if overseas visitors come to the UNITED STATES on their visit, and want to see that Americanest place of pure 50s Americana -- they will go to Disneyland. And while there, I dont think they'll mind an AMERICAN park as long as it is about as loosely themed as DCA's California theme is working now.
    I think if over-sea's guests are going to disneyland, that's what their doing, disneyland. When I went to disneyland, I saw nothing about america really... There were the small little thingd, but no real american theme. I know atleast half the world is p/od at america. I think a pure american park would be worse the DCA. Most Cali's hate the park because they live in california everyday, and could care less about it. Then put a full american park, and all of america will get bored with it... We don't need an museum parks, we need fun, thrilling theme parks. Let DCA expand, and grow! As I said before, rome wasn't built in a day!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123