Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

Parking Prices Change

FYI guys: Effective immediately, base parking prices are now $10. RV/Oversized have increased accordingly as well. I just got the confirmation. AP parking fee is (as of now) unchanged.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Banned User

wow... $10 to pay in an overflow lot... or parkiong garge.. is it that expensive to maintaign??

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

unfortunately, maintinance has very little to do with it. Usually, Disney tries to keep parking costs in line with the other themepark offerings in the area (i.e. universal, knotts, magic mountain, etc). This increase is no exception.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• It's all nonsense

Thats crazy...think of all the other things you could spend $10 on at DL....

.....well; you could probably buy a hot dog or something

• Banned User

if they lower the price of parking... and then they may get more people to the parks??? only raise it when they need more money to fix the parking facilties....

• I Hug My Tapirs

$10... geez... glad I have a Premium...
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Minion

wow, i can't believe that! Along with the extra $10 that they are making off admission. Every year its a little bit more....by the time I have kids I will be paying $15 for parking, $99 for an adult and $89 per child....how the hell am I going to afford that?! :confused:

• Social Imagineer

Oh my Christ!

They have just burst through the glass ceiling of what I think people will take.

I'm not saying tourism to Disneyland will dry up. But there's a psychological price-point break zone for everything. Hitting the $10 mark to park your car for someplace you then must pay over $50 to get inside is, imo, right where that break zone is.

• -Going Retro-

Ten bucks is a whole lot to park a car. I'm surprised it's taken Disney this long to raise the price. Six Flags Marine World and Great America over here have been $10 for some time now. I'm guessing this means they raise the parking pass as well right?

• Still lost in Neverland

Another advantage of taking the bus. I have a monthly pass so it only costs me a doller for the ride down and another dollar for the ride home. The pass pays for the rest, the dollar is because we go on the freeway twice during the trip and it is some kind of freeway tax that the MTA has to pay for insurance reasons while on the freeway. It takes a littel longer, but no parking hassles or costs.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• BTMR Lover!

That's it!!! I'm buying an annual parking pass!!!
    -Erica

• Baybeh!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Thats crazy...think of all the other things you could spend $10 on at DL....
    Yup, and that is what most parks miss the point on. Instead of raping you the first minute of walking on the property, they should find new ways to get you to spend your money....Disney is not the only one, all the others do it too

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Universal Studios Hollywood has been $10 for a few months now, I was waiting for this price increase...

Knott's is currently at $9

SeaWorld San Diego is $8

The San Diego Zoo Parking is still free, but that is because it is on public parkland, and cannot charge for parking.

Wow...when I went to the park on New Year's Eve parking was 8 bucks...and that blew me away (since I didn't have to pay for parking before w/ my CM and AP passes). Now this...I'm not coming back until I get my AP again...a few more months and I'll be back in the parks!!!
    "Somewhere under the sea and beyond your imagination is an adventure in fantasy."

• Old Timer

At this rate the garage will be Disney's third park!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast