Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Question Getting paid to tell them why you quit?

My girlfriend, who recently quit working at Disneyland, was called this afternoon by someone from Disneyland Human Resources. They asked her to come to the Disneyland Hotel on June 26 at 06:00 pm to participate in a survey for CM's who recently quit. They also added that they would pay for her time and offered her $100.00 for two hours of her time.

Any other recently departed CM's get this invitation? Is Disneyland seriously paying people money to come back to tell them why they quit?

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Getting paid to tell them why you quit?

This is silly. The fact that they're PAYING (good money too) for the info is a clear sign that they know what will motivate people to come in. And even if they didn't that info's available for free all over the internet if they'd just do a little sleuthing.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Basking in birthday love

I've heard about that, though I don't remember where. It seems like they're finally starting to realize that they have a nightmarish turnaround problem, and doing something to address it. Of course, given how well Disney focus groups tend to work, I don't have high hopes for the exercise, but they are at least trying...

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• insufferable know-it-all

That $100 would have bought them 50 hours of a better CM (at $2 increase over current pay)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    That $100 would have bought them 50 hours of a better CM (at $2 increase over current pay)
    I was just thinking the same thing. Imagine the THOUSANDS of dollars they will waste on this special project, which is absolutely useless because it doesn't take a genius to figure out the #1 reason why people quit is RATE OF PAY.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

They'll pay some "consultant" $50k to tell them the obvious when they could have used the money to help correct the problem. Welcome to the world of "corporate-think."

Orville Redenbacher once joked that he had paid an "expert" $10,000 to come up with a great name for his popcorn. For his money, he was told to call it "Orville Redenbacher's Popcorn."
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Rock Star Minion

I think she's gonna get a Timeshare sales pitch.

Interesting: they don't have enough money to pay CMs, but there's plenty of money lying around for surveys...
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    They'll pay some "consultant" $50k to tell them the obvious when they could have used the money to help correct the problem. Welcome to the world of "corporate-think."
    You said it, man! I've seen some crazy changes at the company I've worked at for almost 10 years... Sr. mgmt has replaced a significant part of the hourly and salaried employee population with a bunch of consultants. And what has it gotten us? A whole lot more red tape and expense, but things never seem to have gotten better for our customers.

And consequently, $50K for a consultant would be a bargain!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Many corporate types won't believe anything unless a consultant or focus group tells them, even if it's completely and utterly obvious. So is this project stupid? Yes. Is it surprising? Not even a little.

If they're really interested in why CMs quit, why don't they do an exit interview, where they ask them why they quit, on the CMs last day of work, as they are checking out? That's what happened the last time I quit a job... That way the CM is still paid for it, but at their regular wage.

JULIE
    This is my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    My girlfriend, who recently quit working at Disneyland, was called this afternoon by someone from Disneyland Human Resources. They asked her to come to the Disneyland Hotel on June 26 at 06:00 pm to participate in a survey for CM's who recently quit. They also added that they would pay for her time and offered her $100.00 for two hours of her time.

Any other recently departed CM's get this invitation? Is Disneyland seriously paying people money to come back to tell them why they quit?
    If your gf doesn't want to waste her time she should call back and tell them to use that $100 to increase CM's salaries 'nuff said

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JulieNMM
    If they're really interested in why CMs quit, why don't they do an exit interview, where they ask them why they quit, on the CMs last day of work, as they are checking out? That's what happened the last time I quit a job... That way the CM is still paid for it, but at their regular wage.

JULIE
    I'm guessing that the typical quitting CM is simply not showing up. Not the standard two-week-notice found in more professional (cubi-world) environments.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

True, true. The only time I ever quit a job was as a software engineer at a big defense company and I gave the standard 2 weeks notice because I didn't want to burn any bridges (in other words, I wanted to make sure I got a good reference from them in the future).

I'm guessing if you're a CM this might not be as big of a concern, as say finding a job that pays you more!

JULIE

PS If someone offered me $100 for 2 hours of my time, I would sooooo be there!!!!
    This is my signature.

• Robot Chicken Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by dasia
    If your gf doesn't want to waste her time she should call back and tell them to use that $100 to increase CM's salaries 'nuff said
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    I'm guessing that the typical quitting CM is simply not showing up. Not the standard two-week-notice found in more professional (cubi-world) environments.
    Two weeks' notice at the park is a funny thing. It's not at all required, and it's almost always done, in any job, as a courtesy to the company, so they can find someone to fill your position. However, considering that they can't find anyone to fill the current openings, at this point it's all really just a formality. However, there are certain benefits to CMs for giving two weeks' notice and finishing out their time. For instance, that's the only way a Jungle Cruise skipper can give a last boat, and I believe that people who finish their two weeks can rehire very quickly, without having to wait the six months.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast