Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Do you think I'm... odd?

Cool Pirates Cast Preview - The early ride reviews are in !

I went on it. *FANGIRLS* I know I'm going to get whacked by some people for saying this, but it was awesome. Frickin awesome!! XD Totally new spin on a classic ride, almost completely changed storyline. And the AA were AMAZING.

No pictures, they were very strict on that, in fact, they had CMs sitting in strategic places in the attraction to make sure, but I'm sure some people might have smuggled a few... All I can say is, I think it was worth the wait for the refurb, and I hope you all enjoy it on monday! ^_^
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Defying gravity

Re: Pirates Cast Preview

What???? I Thought They Weren't Having Any Cm Previews???

No Fair!!!!!

Arr... I be there too, matey... I be one who mistook a CM for an animatronic at first glance...

• Sock Puppet

Ya, it was really crazy. They wouldn't even let backpacks on the ride.

Let me say, they did a really great job on all the updates. There is some pretty crazy new and good stuff which makes the experience just pure amazing. The ride really hasn't changed much, but some stuff from the new movie doesn't make sense yet. Guess I need to see it The new animatronics are also awesome, so watch for those.

Anyways, not everything seems done yet, but it looks really good so far. Keep up the work Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467
    Arr... I be there too, matey... I be one who mistook a CM for an animatronic at first glance...
    Omg I was like, is that a CM? Nope she was real.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRedAngel
    I went on it. *FANGIRLS* I know I'm going to get whacked by some people for saying this, but it was awesome. Frickin awesome!! XD Totally new spin on a classic ride, almost completely changed storyline. And the AA were AMAZING.

No pictures, they were very strict on that, in fact, they had CMs sitting in strategic places in the attraction to make sure, but I'm sure some people might have smuggled a few... All I can say is, I think it was worth the wait for the refurb, and I hope you all enjoy it on monday! ^_^
    Push the boat back up the falls,
    How much of a new storyline.
    does it still have classic feel w/ a new twist
    or does it feel like a new ride??
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Nuh-uh, I won't be the one to spoil people... Some people might want the surprise. As I've already said, an awesome spin on a classic ride, but much of it does feel completely new. The person I rode with said "it felt new, and yet... not."

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRedAngel
    I went on it. *FANGIRLS* I know I'm going to get whacked by some people for saying this, but it was awesome. ...^_^
    Wonderful! Who would whack you for saying that? I think most of us are (a) really jealous, and (b) glad to hear that the new changes are welcome and impressive! Can't wait to see it.

Well, I was just mostly concerned about getting whacked by people who support the whole "it's not original Disney!" thing... You know, the attractions should be kept in their original glory for future generations? But I like updates... it keeps things fresh and interesting! Especially when they do SUCH a good job...

• Basking in birthday love

Oo, I'm getting so excited. I'm going tomorrow morning before my bleacher babysitting shift. It should be good!

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

My Girlfriend rode it 3 times tonight and it was Totally awesome. I am so jealous and glad the CM's got to ride it to. She also said they were running the movie tonight I guess for set up. They could see it from the pirate bridge. Then they went over to ride rocket mountain also. Here I am on the phone at work tonight listening to all these people say how awesome it was!
    Jason

You go!!! It is probably best to keep it a secret, at least unitl after the opening.

(I've got my waiting in line shoes ready to go )

• Banned User

Bill is always right.. he mentioned CMs were having previews this evening...

So.. we want all the details... spair no expense.. just make a thread that says *Spoiler* to keep others out.. please...

• Rat Tat Tat.

Yeah, it was definitely good all three times I saw! I wish the lift went a little slower so you could watch Jack more...oh well. I was saddest that it lost its "Pirate's Smell," you know that moldy greasy cavern smell. It smells like walking into the lumber section of Lowes to me mixed with the chlorine smell already there, with only a hint of the old smell once in a while. I don't want to spoil anything...or get myself terminated...so we'll just leave it there, but you'll love it! If you like the classic ride, it's still there, if you want the new, it's there too!

I don't know, as I neared the doors I turned to my friend and said "Oooh, you can smell that Pirates' smell!" (Wow, that looks really wrong now that I look at it...) But I thought it smelled the same as before... Then again, it *has* been a while since it went down for refurb.

• Minion

I loved the attraction, I feared that they would mess with the oringinal too much, but they actually did a great job with keeping in "Pirates" tradition. They enhanced many of the scenes, and everything looks awsome!
    Jeff Wayne

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast