• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Cool Which Fantasmic Performance is more packed/busy/full? 9pm or 10:30pm?

Okay so I'm going on a weekend time frame in July and I'm planning on seeing a 10:30 showing of Fantasmic either Friday or Saturday night.

This means I'm seeing a show that starts after DCA Electrical Parade is over, Remember... Fireworks is over & the 1st Fantasmic is over, I mean what else is there as far as nightly entertainment? Every other outdoors show is no longer performing or done for the night. The Fantasmic 10:30 showing is all that's left for both parks!

I can't imagine the 10:30 not being as busy or less busy than the 9pm performance on a Friday or Saturday night in a July weekend!

Am I wrong about this?

Also, how long is the show? And I got balcony seating for my 10:30 showing and I can't wait to see the view from high above... just like "Peta".

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: Which Fantasmic Performance is more packed/busy/full? 9pm or 10:30pm?

usually the 9:00 performance, people start lining up at 7:00. There is no way I could ever sit on cement for 2 hours looking at green water and a fake island... the show is about 25 minutes.

• Can Only Wish For More!

When I've worked the 6pm shift for Fantasmic!, I've seen people waiting for the 9 o'clock showing. Sheesh! I recommend watching the 10 o'clock show since most people leave the park after the fireworks!

Have fun!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Basking in birthday love

People can (and do) line up all day for the 9:00 show; since we have to hold people until we can clear and sweep the first show after the fireworks, people only have 40 minutes to get to their seats for the later show. Also, people get tired, especially families with little kids, and they don't want to stay until 11:00 when the show is over. Plus, people leave in droves after the fireworks are over, even if the park is remaining open for a couple of hours. I have no way of knowing exact numbers, but based on experience, I'd say that on an average Saturday night, a good 10,000-15,000 people leave the park after Tinker Bell's last flight. (I know this because they all walk by me on their way out.) When people ask me when the show is, I reply "9:00 and 10:30, it will run twice." A good three times out of five, their response is, "9:00, got it."

The later show is always, always, always less crowded.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    Okay so I'm going on a weekend time frame in July and I'm planning on seeing a 10:30 showing of Fantasmic either Friday or Saturday night.

This means I'm seeing a show that starts after DCA Electrical Parade is over, Remember... Fireworks is over & the 1st Fantasmic is over, I mean what else is there as far as nightly entertainment? Every other outdoors show is no longer performing or done for the night. The Fantasmic 10:30 showing is all that's left for both parks!

I can't imagine the 10:30 not being as busy or less busy than the 9pm performance on a Friday or Saturday night in a July weekend!

Am I wrong about this?

Also, how long is the show? And I got balcony seating for my 10:30 showing and I can't wait to see the view from high above... just like "Peta".
    10 is def. smaller
    I just don't like having to fight the one way direction crowd
    It's a pain to get over to Fantasmic after the fireworks.
    If you get there before the 1st showing is over, it should be fine.
    Most people attack you as you get up from the first showing because they want your good seats (ok, your good brick)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Basking in birthday love

Oh, forgot the second question. The show's run time is 23 minutes.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Which Fantasmic Performance is more packed/busy/full? 9pm or 10:30pm?

So then how tough would it be to catch DCA's Electrical parade at 8:45pm and then getting into Disneyland for the 10:30pm performance of Fantasmic?

Does this sound impossible or can it be done?

• I <3 Clarinet.

Sounds possible...never tried the 10:30 fireworks, to be completely honest though. I always conk out after the fireworks and the couple of rides we try while the stampede tries to get through Main Street.

To be completely honest though, I've done a 2 hour wait for both Fantasmic and Remember. The 2 hour wait on the concrete that I did for Remember with friends this past December though, was probably one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    So then how tough would it be to catch DCA's Electrical parade at 8:45pm and then getting into Disneyland for the 10:30pm performance of Fantasmic?

Does this sound impossible or can it be done?
    Dude, I love your enthusiasm, but didn't you ask both the same questions in another thread? If you catch the Electric Light Parade at the beginning, then 90 minutes is more than enough time to make it over to Disneyland, and get seating for the 10:30 p.m. Fantasmic.

As far as which Fantasmic performance is busier, I think you've also received multiple answers (from Cast members, no less).

Remember, don't go hugging Cast Members!

• Defying gravity

Waiting 2 hours for Remember...Dreams Come True is worth it. Sit smack dab front row center in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. You see the projections, hear the music, see the fireworks, see Tinker Bell - BEST VIEW EVER!!! After the fireworks are over, proceed to New Orleans Square. Wait inside River Belle Terrace until the 9 pm show is over. As soon as they bus the tables, rush, push, shove, etc. to get a front row table at River Belle - BEST VIEW EVER!!! (unless you pay extra for PS.)

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Dude, I love your enthusiasm, but didn't you ask both the same questions in another thread? If you catch the Electric Light Parade at the beginning, then 90 minutes is more than enough time to make it over to Disneyland, and get seating for the 10:30 p.m. Fantasmic.

As far as which Fantasmic performance is busier, I think you've also received multiple answers (from Cast members, no less).

If you watch Electrical Parade be sure to be in the Sunshine Plaza.
    You want to be at the start of the parade...not the end.
    good luck getting through all the people on the street watching the fireworks (pathway's should be clear...but you always have some people who think the pathway was cleared for them to watch whatever is going on).
    Then fight the one way traffic that they have set up---You can't go through Adventureland...they send you through Frontierland)
    You should be able to make it and find a spot. Not the front, but ok.
    Never tried it, but if you manage your time well..it's should be fine.

Take a deep breath before you start your running...LOL

the firework show is amazing.
    I strongly suggest seeing it (one of the better ones, except for the Christmas one..which if not mistaken is different due to the new set up for the fireworks) .
    Everything else will be there for years (cross our fingers)
    the firework show ends September
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Waiting 2 hours for Remember...Dreams Come True is worth it. Sit smack dab front row center in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. You see the projections, hear the music, see the fireworks, see Tinker Bell - BEST VIEW EVER!!! After the fireworks are over, proceed to New Orleans Square. Wait inside River Belle Terrace until the 9 pm show is over. As soon as they bus the tables, rush, push, shove, etc. to get a front row table at River Belle - BEST VIEW EVER!!! (unless you pay extra for PS.)

I think it's closed by then. You might be able wait in the patio area.
    It is summer though..so you never know..it MIGHT be open. Doubt it.

Whatever you do, DON'T watch the fireworks by Small World. Yes, they have a set up over there...just not the same.
    See it in the hub.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Which Fantasmic Performance is more packed/busy/full? 9pm or 10:30pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto

I think it's my personality. Some people are content with just getting one answer. I like to re-ask a question to a number of people and get a number of answers to then come to my own conclusion as to what I'm going to do. If you've answered the same question twice with the exact same answer then I still need more answers! LOL. We're all unique in our own ways.

Don't worry, I ain't all up in the CM's business. That was Jeff. Ugh I can't believe I still remember his name. He wanted more pics of this girl on my blog, I never responded to him.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    the firework show is amazing.
    I strongly suggest seeing it (one of the better ones, except for the Christmas one..which if not mistaken is different due to the new set up for the fireworks) . Everything else will be there for years (cross our fingers)
    the firework show ends September
    I plan on watching it from the hub on my final night in Disneyland. Kinda a tradition I make whenever I go to WDW and now DL, I wait until the last night, hopefully no rain outs, and watch the fireworks making it the final amazing Disney theme park show I'll see on my vacation.

On other nights before my final night, I like to walk through the park and see and experience the fireworks in the background as I ride rides or just explore the park. ;o)

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Anyone have a pic of the view from this seating area at River Belle?