Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• FastPass n00b

Re: Are Female masked- Characters all female and visa versa?

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny
    Ok, I am pretty sure the princess are women... Alice In Wonderland... woman.....she was even wearing a wonderbra so I knew she was authentic. (That part of the post did not need to be there ---sorry) but are masked characaters like Minnie and Daisy female? Are Mickey and Donald male? Is there a rule?
    I am curious as to how you found out it was a Wonderbra, as opposed to any other type of bra...just how good of a glimpse did you get? And how did this situation happen?

• Sock Puppet

My brother and I were once in the Animation building making voices for the Bambi cartoon when Minnie came up. Listening to my brother attempting to make the voice of Thumper is pretty funny... and Minnie had to choke back a laugh. It was no girly laugh either.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook's
    First of all please for give me what I'm about to say. But to me every time I see someone playing as Alice the girl or lady is really ugly. Why can't they fine pretty girls to play Alice. I've seen pretty girls play Wendy and Snow White and Ariel [my love heehee] but why not Alice. I have never got a picture of Alice because she is always ugly to me.
    No forgiveness required, I totally agree. Alices tend to be a little pudgy or not very cute. We are talking about a perky, petite, blond-haired, blue-eyed young girl. I don't know how Disney can screw that up but it's usually Ariel or Jasmine who are the good looking ones. It's probably because Ariel and Jasmine have to be half-naked whereas the more prudish Alice pretty much covers up from neck to knee. But regardless, they need to start hiring those types of blue-eyed blondes who make you feel all good inside when they smile at you (I'm talking non-sexually here). Guys you know, there's a type of blue-eyed blonds who could melt Antarctica with their warm smiles...and yet Disney can't seem to find even one of them to play Alice.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 06-23-2006 at 12:19 PM.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Wink Re: Are Female masked- Characters all female and visa versa?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    No - masked characters are NOT GENDER SPECIFIC. (I know, kinda wierd.) I took a tour in WDW a few weeks ago, and our tour guide told us a story about her friend's son - his first job at WDW was playing Flora in a parade (that's one of the three fairies in Sleeping Beauty). So, Minnie can be a boy, Donald can be a girl, etc.

Hope this helped to clear up any confusion....
    I'm sorry you only added to the confusion....

Mickey, Minnie, Donald and the whole gang are not characters, Donald is a real Duck, Mickey and Minnie are real mice and so on. how can you say they are played by someone.

When I was at DL last Nov. I had lunch at Ariels Grotto, no one can tell me that the princesses there were not real. just for the record I am 51 years old and I know real princesses when I see them, and let me tell you they were real............

Tahoe (living in my own little dream land) Bob
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Everyone neat and pretty?

I was practically ran out of town on a rail when I suggested in a thread that when it came to face characters, DL vs WDW, DL was better. When I showed people pictures of my WDW trip, they flinched at some of the photos. Thats all I'm sayin`.
    It doesn't matter who is in the costume as long as they convey the magic and the fantasy. Although I do know for a fact that WDW has used men in female face character roles in the park parades. If you slap a wig, gown and some lipstick on a pretty boy, whose to know.
    And remember folks, this is show business and there are a lot of people living 'alternative lifestyles' and working throughout the parks who may be more than happy to fill the role.
    "Some of us prefer illusion to despair!" ~ Nelson Muntz of The Simpsons when being teased for liking Snow White and being told that she was just an actress.

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara
    So they expect an Alice to be 5'1" and be a size ten, aree you sure they don't have smaller sizes for smaller characters.
    Well, all I know is that princesses must be a size 8 or 10. I know nothing about height requirements. It seems that most are taller than 5'1'' (maybe like 5'4'' ish...)

• Banned User

In Fantasmic!, Maleficent is a male because the costume and everything is all very heavy.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    Well, all I know is that princesses must be a size 8 or 10. I know nothing about height requirements. It seems that most are taller than 5'1'' (maybe like 5'4'' ish...)
    There is no way that the princesses are a size 8 or 10. I am a size 5 and most are way smaller than me. I would say most are about a size 3... or less for Jasmine and Ariel.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

First of all please for give me what I'm about to say. But to me every time I see someone playing as Alice the girl or lady is really ugly. Why can't they fine pretty girls to play Alice. I've seen pretty girls play Wendy and Snow White and Ariel [my love heehee] but why not Alice. I have never got a picture of Alice because she is always ugly to me.

Hmmmm... I don't agree with that at all...

• Hide and Seek with Anna

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Hmmmm... I don't agree with that at all...

Sorry that Alice is ugly. There is no cute in her at all. I've also have seen some not all but some Jasmine to be ugly to.

Now this Snow White Yahoo! Photos - bluegenieace's Photos - Photo 37 she is a hotty. And yes that is me with her.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Sorry that Alice is ugly. There is no cute in her at all. I've also have seen some not all but some Jasmine to be ugly to.

Now this Snow White Yahoo! Photos - bluegenieace's Photos - Photo 37 she is a hotty. And yes that is me with her.
    Well now that you went and said that, I had to take down the link. But hey. Different strokes for different folks. I thought my Alice was cute as a bug.

And your Snow White is ok too, but not NEAR as cute as my Alice. As of two weeks ago, ALL CM's are beautiful. :

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ariel [my love heehee]
    Psssst... don't tell Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie
    I have taken a handful of backstage tours and information like this is often part of the tour. One such tour (Keys to the Kingdom at WDW) took us to an area where we got to see some of the wigs that characters like Cinderella wear. We also saw a couple characters in the utilidors (backstage) without their heads on and a Chip costume that was not being used.

So, there is nothing to "blow the whistle" at. These tours are for guests 16 and up and are designed to show inner workings of the park.

BTW: the characters we saw that were headless were Eyeore and Tigger. When they saw us they (intentionally) put one EACH OTHER'S head. Then they put on a little show for us.
    Disney would have never ever offered such tours in the past. Doing so is a short-sighted way to turn a quick profit.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 06-24-2006 at 01:13 AM.

• back in Austin

This is all very interesting. James B. Stewart had to get special permission to reveal in his 2005 book, DisneyWar, that Goofy was an actor in a costume, but at WDW they're giving out behind-the-scenes tours that show Eeyore and Tigger with their heads off! Weird.

not to ruin the "magic", but i for one know its truly body type and not gender. my boyfriends' sister was: buzz lightyear, eeyore, tigger, tweedle dee, pluto. so....as you can see - she's a girl and she played ALL "male" characters.

its a nice thought though.
    kingdom hearts <3er

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast