Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• white and nerdy

Re: Where have all the Shakes(and yogurt)gone?

hrm... I worked at Ben and Jerry's and made shakes all day every day. We used state of the art equipment. Blenders.

I have a blender at home. Perhaps if I gave it to them they would make me a shake?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

It's all about ingenuity. Maybe you could just buy some milk somewhere - I believe there are several convenience stores outside the park - and got on the Tea Cups long enough until they are well and truly shaken. Or they may not be fast enough. You might end up with butter.

Nobody wants butter.

Did I just type or that, or think it?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Tourist

At the end of a hot DL day, my son and I like to get a milkshake on Main Street on our way back to the hotel. I'll be disappointed if we can't get one anymore. (Which reminds me: I really miss the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor.)

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

There's another angle that hasn't been considered - sabotage of the machines. If the machine is broken, that lightens up the duties for the servers working behind the counter, doesn't it? They aren't going to send one person home and make it harder for the rest, it will lighten the workload of things they all have to do.

Not only the walking over to the machines and making the product, but stopping every half-hour or so to refill the mix tanks, wipe up the spills and clean out the drip trays, restock the cups and lids, etc. If they take that out of the day, they can just stand at the freezer and dip scoops all day.

If you can convince the bosses that the machines are unreliable, they might even modify the menu and permanently relieve you of the chore.

I hate to come off like a cynic, but I know it happens because I've seen it happen. Call it 'Realistic' instead. I've seen people who wanted off work early on a Holiday weekend Friday to "head for the river" (and couldn't get the Boss to authorize it) 'accidentally' pop the clutch and break a U-joint or an axle shaft on a company boom truck so they would have to be sent home early.

(It's easy to suspect sabotage, especially considering the convenient timing, but darned difficult to prove it.)

Not only did they destroy company property, the company also had to pay for a Heavy Wrecker tow to get the truck back to the Pole Yard. And that's not cheap, last I checked it's $250 to show up and $10 a mile - it could be a lot higher now.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Speaking of Ice Cream (shakes are made of ice cream...so it's on topic)
    Does anyone know why the stopped serving Eggnog during the Christmas Holiday? Obviously this is a question for a CM who worked several years ago.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Monorail Racer

Strangely (or not), I've never had a milkshake at DLR. I've always gone for the ice cream cone or soft frozen lemonade.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    I get up to the counter and they say they aren't making them anymore

Have you tried Sam Andreas Shakes in DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins
    Its probably the Fat. You know how our government wants to control what we eat these days
    Bwahahahahah Have you ever been to the Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream in DCA?

The Steam and Chocolate Sundae is to die for and die from. I don't think anything about it but the cardboard cup is fatfree.
    Last edited by Uzmati; 06-24-2006 at 08:43 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati

Have you tried Sam Andreas Shakes in DCA?

Bwahahahahah Have you ever been to the Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream in DCA?

The Steam and Chocolate Sundae is to die for and die from. I don't think anything about it but the cardboard cup is fatfree.
    Actually whenever I go, Sam Andreas is always closed. But Burrrbank is no longer serving them either. The shakes and yogurt are not listed as being served on their menu anywhere in either park.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

they should do what I do at my restaurant, have a 3 nozzle blender, a bunch of milk shake tins, and milk shake glasses, fill the tins with ice cream, chocolate syrup or strawberrys or vanilla extract, milk, and give it a whirl. Fresh milk shakes, made to order, not from a machine, and a machine thats reliable.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Does the icecream stand in ToonTown sell Yogurt softserve or am I mistaken?
    If you want yogurt send a letter to guest relations, I have found working in the customer service field that paper (hard copy) letters work much better.
    If there is a demand for a product there is always a way to make it happen.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    Actually whenever I go, Sam Andreas is always closed. But Burrrbank is no longer serving them either. The shakes and yogurt are not listed as being served on their menu anywhere in either park.
    B-B-B-urbank never sold milkshakes. Vanilla and chocolate shakes are sold at Taste Pilot's Grill, however.

I went into Gibson Girls a few weeks ago and experienced this. Besides making me sad I realized it will also help me save some money at the park as the milkshakes were nearly the only reason I went to Gibson Girls.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal
    *back to your regularly scheduled ap complaint.....*
    Pwned. Oh man, you made me laugh.

• Grumpy old man

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    I swear I though the title of this thread said Where have all the SNAKES (and yogurt) gone? I was going to say, you keep your snakes and yogurt to yourself!
    Samual L. Jackson's next movie

SNAKES IN DISNEYLAND!

Get these mutha****in snakes out of my mutha****in teacup!

They still have yogurt and shakes the ice cream place you are refferring too is almost always close I'm suprised to hear it is open, you are talking about the one near the lockers right? My brother always wants to get a Fire House 101 but it is always closed! Anyway there are still shakes and stuff in the park you just have to know where to find them and there are plenty in California Adventure though sometimes they suck.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Sunday I discovered their root beer floats. GAH.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast