Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Angry Where have all the Shakes(and yogurt)gone?

Well management has done it again! So yesterday, I stood in line at the Main Street Ice Cream Shop to get a Strawberry Shake. I get up to the counter and they say they aren't making them anymore. And they aren't serving yogurt anylonger either. I was really disappointed. The CM said they are stopping these two items through the end of summer. Now does it seem correct to stop selling cold drinks through the hot summer months, when I actually stand in line it buy something from them? Wouldn' t it make more sense to stop selling through winter, when more people may not want them?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Where have all the Shakes(and yogurt)gone?

I swear I though the title of this thread said Where have all the SNAKES (and yogurt) gone? I was going to say, you keep your snakes and yogurt to yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• I have Disney Love!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    I swear I though the title of this thread said Where have all the SNAKES (and yogurt) gone? I was going to say, you keep your snakes and yogurt to yourself!
    Oh my Jebus, I have to say I think that's the funniest thing I've heard all day!!! Keep your snakes and yogurt to yourself!! woooo..... Anyways on the other part, yes I think it's odd that they aren't selling cool drinks and snakes that will cool people down in the hot So.Cal weather....Hmmmm makes ya think huh?

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    that is pretty funny! sorry for any confusion.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

That's really peculiar, and that really bums me out, because I really loved the chocolate shakes they made.

Away for summer? Hmm...smells fishy. Maybe they're helping their ice cream buddies in Downtown Disney?

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Maybe they're helping their ice cream buddies in Downtown Disney?
    Hmmm.... I haven't tried it in DTD probably not as good. DCA has also stoped selling it at Burrbank Ice Cream. I just don't know what I am going to do until September.

o/~ ...long time passing... o/~
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

Its probably the Fat. You know how our government wants to control what we eat these days
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    Hmmm.... I haven't tried it in DTD probably not as good. DCA has also stoped selling it at Burrbank Ice Cream. I just don't know what I am going to do until September.
    It's Haagen Daaz (sp?). Their shakes are quite amazing...but far more expensive than the ones inside Disneyland.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Very odd indeed. Maybe the CM was told wrong or the machine was down? Sipping on a shake on a hot day is great. It makes no sense why they would stop selling them during summer. I smell a conspiracy, somebody call Mel Course, I also remember a time way back when I used to have rootbeer floats (still have the plastic mug that came with it). Sigh, good times.

• Disney Nerd

As a main street foods CM............we no longer sell the yogurt or shakes because the machines were unreliable. they broke all the time, and were just a hassle. to be fair. we now have a new menu with four sundaes and then the usual (cups, cones waffles, and such).

*back to your regularly scheduled ap complaint.....*

The last time my husband tried to order a shake, he was told that the machine was down. I never had one of their shakes, but I like the ones over at Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal
    As a main street foods CM... We no longer sell the yogurt or shakes because the machines were unreliable. They broke all the time, and were just a hassle. <snip>
    Waitaminit, are we talking the regular Taylor soft-serve freezer dispensers? If you put them togther right after cleanings, and change worn parts as needed, they're rather reliable. The new Heat Treatment models are even less work - you leave them running 24/7 and only have to take them apart for cleaning every two weeks, there's a timer on the front control panel.

If I Recall, they had some antique machines in there (10 years can be ancient if it's used year-round) - perhaps it's time to upgrade the gear, rather than stop selling popular items, hmmmm...?

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman
    Waitaminit, are we talking the regular Taylor soft-serve freezer dispensers? If you put them togther right after cleanings, and change worn parts as needed, they're rather reliable. The new Heat Treatment models are even less work - you leave them running 24/7 and only have to take them apart for cleaning every two weeks, there's a timer on the front control panel.

If I Recall, they had some antique machines in there (10 years can be ancient if it's used year-round) - perhaps it's time to upgrade the gear, rather than stop selling popular items, hmmmm...?

--<< Bruce >>--
    Ahh, but from an idiot MBA's viewpoint, updating machinery costs money. Plus, since those items are no longer available, equivalent items (read: sundaes) experience a boost in consumption.

It's win-win for them... they don't have to pay additional money AND at some obscure budget meeting they get to say, "It looks like smart planning on our part has caused the popularity of this food item to skyrocket! Good job, idiot MBA's!"

</cynical>
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I don't want to seem mean or rude:

Perhaps Disneyland's shake and yogurt machines do break down a lot. Somehow, though, McDonald's has figured out how to make lots and lots of shakes 24/7 worldwide. They make a pretty decent burger for way under $7 too.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast