Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    • The Dark Ride
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Garden, CA
    Posts
    260

    Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    I'm sure this has been posted before, but my mad research skills have left me absolutely empty handed: where does one find nutrition information for Disneyland Resort's restaurants? I read in a very old post elsewhere that restaurant managers have a binder with nutritional info, is that true? If so, does anyone know the best way to find that info out without delaying a line, causing a fuss, or generally creating trauma or drama for our understaffed CM's?

    I'm suddenly on a 'try to avoid sugars and carbs if at all possible' diet (AKA low glycemic) and being able to check out the numbers for, say, the French Market would be handy as opposed to just eyeballing something and guessing, then finding out my blood sugar is way up for the rest of the day.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Tiki Juice Bar
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    lol, you're going to cause somewhat of a commotion if you ask for something like that.

    To my knowledge the managers are equipped with the information and can show you.

    To make it easier, I suggest you email Disneyland on their contact page for this information. They might very well be able to send you a large pdf of information if you request it. They're quite good with giving accurate information.

  3. #3

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dark
    I'm sure this has been posted before, but my mad research skills have left me absolutely empty handed: where does one find nutrition information for Disneyland Resort's restaurants? I read in a very old post elsewhere that restaurant managers have a binder with nutritional info, is that true? If so, does anyone know the best way to find that info out without delaying a line, causing a fuss, or generally creating trauma or drama for our understaffed CM's?

    I'm suddenly on a 'try to avoid sugars and carbs if at all possible' diet (AKA low glycemic) and being able to check out the numbers for, say, the French Market would be handy as opposed to just eyeballing something and guessing, then finding out my blood sugar is way up for the rest of the day.
    I would get on the website and ask a general park comment.
    You can also (don't know how far it will get you) call the Park Operator
    it's 714-781-4000.
    Maybe they can point you a direction.
    City Hall MIGHT be able to help you too.
    I would investigate BEFORE going to the park.

    With new CM's arriving daily, having them show you where a bathroom is will be hard enough, so getting nutrition info prob. wont' happen.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    688

    Thumbs up Re: Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    I also have sugar and carb medical issues (not fad diet) and would love to see some nutritional info.

    There was a thread a while ago about not being able to bring in outside food that got pretty nasty at times. Some people were really against brining your own food from outside the park...I plan on bringing some of my own food so I can eat some "Disneyland must haves" while there on our upcoming trip.

  5. #5

    • Support MC - Go GOLD!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    8,713

    Re: Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simply Mad
    I also have sugar and carb medical issues (not fad diet) and would love to see some nutritional info.

    There was a thread a while ago about not being able to bring in outside food that got pretty nasty at times. Some people were really against brining your own food from outside the park...I plan on bringing some of my own food so I can eat some "Disneyland must haves" while there on our upcoming trip.
    I think people jus question those who bring outside food and don't want to experience the whole magic...I've wondered.
    But when you can't eat what's there (not because you are picky, but for health reasons) I don't see why they wouldn't let you, nor do I see a reason for nastyness.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz



  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    409

    Re: Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    If you find out the info, I'd be happy to convert it to WW points.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

  7. #7

    • 'splosions
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    16.4 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    796

    Re: Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    melmel would know!

  8. #8

    • The Dark Ride
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Garden, CA
    Posts
    260

    Re: Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat
    melmel would know!
    I dunno if she'd be commenting favorably to me right now, but yeah, she'd know.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

  9. #9

    • The Dark Ride
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Garden, CA
    Posts
    260

    Re: Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    lol, you're going to cause somewhat of a commotion if you ask for something like that.

    To my knowledge the managers are equipped with the information and can show you.

    To make it easier, I suggest you email Disneyland on their contact page for this information. They might very well be able to send you a large pdf of information if you request it. They're quite good with giving accurate information.
    Yeah, that's the key, finding out the easiest and least traumatic way to do it.

    I've found several posts in my Googling where people say that when they contacted the park regarding nutritional info, an actual park chef called them back and discussed it. See, that's the thing...that's fantastic service and Disney should be commended...but a PDF would do fine. I don't necessarily want to discuss it with anyone, since I basically would really need to scan a nutritional sheet like a menu, and make my dining choice based on it more than personal preference right now until some other factors change.

    I -will- write Guest Relations and check, though.
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

  10. #10

    • The Dark Ride
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Garden, CA
    Posts
    260

    Re: Disneyland Nutrition Info?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flint
    If you find out the info, I'd be happy to convert it to WW points.
    That's very kind of you! I'm not doing WW, just watching carbs and sugars primarily while I try to get a read on where my blood sugar is. In the process, I'm also counting calories and monitoring other nutritional info in an effort to ease high blood pressure and lose weight. (I'm using a fantastic new site, www.thedailyplate.com, by the way, that some may find useful. It's free and has proven priceless for me so far in this first chaotic week.)

    I -may- get on an organized diet plan once we have an idea if I'm actually diabetic, pre-diabetic, or just need to eat better. (It's a long story.) Till then, I'm just under orders to be cautious, and while the Daily Plate site has nutritional info for about 195,000 items including most restaurants, Disney isn't in there yet, so eating at the parks could be a minefield for me. (If I get the info in any sort of format I could take home, Disney will become part of their DB!)
    Mr. Dark
    Writer, Disney geek, madman.

Similar Threads

  1. Nutrition information?
    By DreamSweetsLove in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 12:49 PM
  2. Free Nutrition Bars
    By Villains Fan in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
  3. Improving Nutrition at Disneyland
    By PragmaticIdealist in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 03:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •