Are the fireworks canceled often?

I was reading elsewhere and someone posted about the fireworks being canceled 3 times during his trip...does this happen often?

• Disney Geekstrordinaire

Re: Are the fireworks canceled often?

No, they're not cancelled often. Though it is true that I have seen them cancelled more this year than I have in the past, the times that they were cancelled were all fairly close together in date. This happens when the winds are too high, so (according to the chatty CM I was standing near one night) watch for the release of the white balloon right around the area above the camera shop, if the balloon goes toward the castle or straight up the show is on, if it goes toward Main Street you'll generally hear the announcement that there is a possibility of the show being cancelled.

We usually go to the park once a week and the fireworks were only cancelled on us twice during this last year. I've heard they have to cancel this show more often than they did the old one, so maybe we've just been lucky.

I just feel bad for the people who travel a great distance and then have to go home without seeing them.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Sometimes when the winds are a problem but not to the point of a full show cancellation they can selectively 'turn off' some of the shells in the show and run it anyway. They will do it with some of the launch locations for the small shells 'surrounding' the Hub, with the 'Pirates' cannon shells off the Matterhorn, etc.

And they can make these changes while the show is underway if the wind conditions change. It's all in the computer.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I haven't been able to see the Fireworks in their entireity since last summer, and I had a Premium AP (expired this month).

If you go on a Friday or a Saturday and it's crowded, I've noticed that they make every attempt to finish the fireworks. If it's not one of those days? A slight breeze and they'll cancel (from what I've seen anyway).

I'd imagine it won't be as iffy now since it's summer. Don't want any guets complaints.