• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Is the Live Cast a Little Shallow?

I thought the live cast was a little shallow. I don't respect "stars" because they have a slight connection with the brother of the third gaffer's sister's orthodontist.

It should be what it is.... bring out the imagineers... bring out some people of merit rather than fame.

Just my opinion....

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: Is the Live Cast a Little Shallow?

It's a movie premiere. What did you expect?

• The Happiest Cynic

You have a very skewed vision of the way press events like this operate.

LOL --- I am a professional actor. But it's all good.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny
    I thought the live cast was a little shallow. I don't respect "stars" because they have a slight connection with the brother of the third gaffer's sister's orthodontist.

It should be what it is.... bring out the imagineers... bring out some people of merit rather than fame.

Just my opinion....

It's Hollywood...what do you expect.
    I was impressed w/ how down to earth Johnny was.
    There are a few stars out there who aren't into the Hollywood scene and are trying to make a difference...good for them.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Waiting for the stork

a little shallow? Yup that's why I watched it too,
    I don't like reality TV, I could care less for most of what's on TV, but I love the red carpet shows, mostly because they are shallow and funny...
    plus, OMG did you see what some of them were wearing (my favorite part of red carpet shows)

It's not to be taken very seriously, it's for fun, the actors are having fun, getting publicity for their latest movie, and the audience is having fun, getting "cheap thrills" It's just fun...

Sheesh
    procrastibating

• Monorail Racer

If I wasn't hoping for some ride preview stuff, I wouldn't have bothered to tune in at all. Ogling celebs isn't really my thing, but we did get at least a few morsels of good ride stuff and I did some other things while the premiere stream ran in the background, so it ended up working out ok.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

Smile Re: Is the Live Cast a Little Shallow?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    If I wasn't hoping for some ride preview stuff, I wouldn't have bothered to tune in at all. Ogling celebs isn't really my thing, but we did get at least a few morsels of good ride stuff and I did some other things while the premiere stream ran in the background, so it ended up working out ok.
    Wow..my thoughts exaxtly!

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    Same here

Celeb put their shoes on one foot at time too
    oh wait, or does someone else do it for them?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I don't respect "stars" because they have a slight connection with the brother of the third gaffer's sister's orthodontist.
    From City of Angels, one of my favorites quotes references Hollywood as a "business of refuse and nephews". Apropos, no?
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I agree because for the movie stars I could care less...but it was a movie premier. I think the Imagineers deserve, but wouldn't get, a televised premier for thier rides.